Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Roe and Casey soon to be overturned

On 6/24/2022 at 9:27 PM, grandjean87 said:

He wanted Ayn Rand to bend.  Lol. 

@SAMO, every week and more I admire yer postings. 

There's some secrets about Rand that would piss off the hardcore righties in today's world. I ain't telling them, though...

On 6/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, mugtang said:

The most likely option would be we would all agree to amend the constitution to allow some kind of subnations under a loose confederation and strip out a lot at the federal level.  Basically two superstates and each side would decide which one they wanted to belong and they would have to accept the rules of that side to affiliate.  I am sure we would allow free movement between countries.   Vote with your feet...but likely not 100% free movement of goods/guns.  Blue is no longer going to have to compete in a race to the bottom with Texas trying to steal corporations by charging no taxes. 

Mountain west states like idaho will have to decide if they want to hitch their wagons to the coasts or the do south forever and if guns and bigotry are going to railroad them into being northwest Mississippi. 

Posted Image

On 6/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, Akkula said:

The most likely option would be we would all agree to amend the constitution to allow some kind of subnations under a loose confederation.  Basically two superstates and each side would decide which one they wanted to belong Ave they would have to accept the rules of that side to affiliate.  I am sure we would allow free movement between countries.   Vote with your feet...but likely not 100% free movement of goods.

Mountain west states like idaho will have to decide if they want to hitch their wagons to the coasts or the do south forever and if guns and bigotry are going to railroad them into being northwest Mississippi. 

wouldd be +++++in wild...like santa barbara sharing a 1200 mile border with mogadishu...lol

if thats the case...hope they build the wall at that time...lol

On 6/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, SAMO said:

wouldd be +++++in wild...like santa barbara sharing a 1200 mile border with mogadishu...lol

if thats the case...hope they build the wall at that time...lol

Yes...I am working on the script.:USFlag:

Posted Image

On 6/24/2022 at 8:46 PM, Akkula said:

The most likely option would be we would all agree to amend the constitution to allow some kind of subnations under a loose confederation and strip out a lot at the federal level.  Basically two superstates and each side would decide which one they wanted to belong and they would have to accept the rules of that side to affiliate.  I am sure we would allow free movement between countries.   Vote with your feet...but likely not 100% free movement of goods/guns.  Blue is no longer going to have to compete in a race to the bottom with Texas trying to steal corporations by charging no taxes. 

I think the most likely option is the northeast and west coast leave and join with Canada.   

On 6/24/2022 at 9:46 PM, Akkula said:

Lol. Love the outline. I can, without doubt tell you that Idaho would go south and east. 

I think hunger games is probably the most accurate via Hollywood, but mixes up the regions and the power each posses. Cool thing is a democrat and and a Republican can interpret that film/series entirely different. However, it's very promoted in right wing film lore in the current time. 30 years ago? Not the case.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:38 PM, NewGuy12 said:

But like I said if majority of the court were conservative what would be the point of capping it at Nine then? What would that do/accomplish? 

It has to be capped at some point.  We can’t have the threat of the court being expanded when the president doesn’t like the way they rule.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:38 PM, tspoke said:

They don't have to. Even with Dems in complete (kinda) power for 1 and a half years they haven't forced any vacs. 

When you lose your job for not getting vaccinated, that is effectively a mandate.  And NYC/LA were barring people from places if they weren’t vaccinated.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:57 PM, sactowndog said:

I think the most likely option is the northeast and west coast leave and join with Canada.   

The NYC metro area has a higher GDP than all of Canada.  Imo, if anyone joins anyone it would be them asking.  They haven't wanted to join thus far so I doubt they want any part of this shit show.

It is incredible how much gdp us cities produce compared to other countries.  

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/understanding-americas-enormous-20-6t-economy-by-comparing-us-metro-area-gdps-to-entire-countries/

Posted Image

On 6/24/2022 at 10:00 PM, ph90702 said:

When you lose your job for not getting vaccinated, that is effectively a mandate.  And NYC/LA were barring people from places if they weren’t vaccinated.

Are places not allowed to decide who they allow inside. 

But in any case those things aren't really relevant anymore are they? I haven't worried about covid restrictions in a lo g time. Especially when compared to the rights current restrictions of women's rights that are actually happening. 

On 6/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Wheres general Sherman when you need him

Try Napoleon 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:09 PM, tspoke said:

Are places not allowed to decide who they allow inside. 

But in any case those things aren't really relevant anymore are they? I haven't worried about covid restrictions in a lo g time. Especially when compared to the rights current restrictions of women's rights that are actually happening. 

The government told a lot of businesses who they had to deny entry to.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, Akkula said:

Methinks Ron Johnson won't be their senator very long.   These trigger laws in swingstates  could deliver the senate. 

They were even pissed at him before this.. I think he’ll be gone..

On 6/24/2022 at 10:12 PM, ph90702 said:

The government told a lot of businesses who they had to deny entry to.

Well that's close to the same than the government telling women who they had to incubate or in your words were forced to allow entry to.