Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Roe and Casey soon to be overturned

The world that we live in today makes me want to cry tbh.  I’m not sure if it’s a function of me getting older, the world turning for the worse, high functioning depression, or a combination of all three things.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:56 PM, ph90702 said:

The world that we live in today makes me want to cry tbh.  I’m not sure if it’s a function of me getting older, the world turning for the worse, high functioning depression, or a combination of all three things.

I mean is it as bad compared to people living during the cold war and the threat of having nukes being released? I don't think so

On 6/24/2022 at 8:52 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The, "the science says!!!" rhetoric by those who could not pass a high school physics class today from both sides is absurd.

Sad like.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/24/2022 at 5:57 PM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

I mean is it as bad compared to people living during the cold war and the threat of having nukes being released? I don't think so

I’m not sure if I can explain it properly, but that wasn’t on the forefront of everybody’s minds day in and day out.  The issues of today are very front and center.  In certain respects, people of the past were a lot happier.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, ph90702 said:

I’m not sure if I can explain it properly, but that wasn’t on the forefront of everybody’s minds day in and day out.  The issues of today are very front and center.  In certain respects, people of the past were a lot happier.

where do you get these ideas?

as I get older, everyday I'm more convinced that some folks choose to be happy and some don't and the percentages have probably been pretty consistent throughout history

This ruling got a libertarian friend of mine in Texas to agree to vote straight Democrat in November. He's almost never voted for a major party candidate in his life, sometimes just out of principle. 

On 6/24/2022 at 6:09 PM, renoskier said:

where do you get these ideas?

as I get older, everyday I'm more convinced that some folks choose to be happy and some don't and the percentages have probably been pretty consistent throughout history

Just reading and watching the past eras.  Also from viewing the world through my personal lens.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:21 PM, retrofade said:

This ruling got a libertarian friend of mine in Texas to agree to vote straight Democrat in November. He's almost never voted for a major party candidate in his life, sometimes just out of principle. 

I feel tempted to do that, and I’m not a fan of what the Democrats are doing.

Time for the tribes to Separate and build side by side but different America.  Unified only by the Military and the post office  🙃

Looks like the ferals have started their pregame festivities.

Reported that at least 2 SC judges have been relocated for safety concerns.

I'll post some video when it starts to pop off, if it does. 

Who knew that roasting Donald Trump in person, in front of a friendly crowd, way back in 2011 would have such implications in American history. Crazy.

On 6/24/2022 at 6:37 PM, scounty said:

Reported that at least 2 SC judges have been relocated for safety concerns.

Good. They deserve to not get another good nights sleep as long as they live. 

On 6/24/2022 at 9:43 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Good. They deserve to not get another good nights sleep as long as they live. 

even though I don't like the ruling I don't think its good to advocate for violence against them bro

On 6/24/2022 at 6:28 PM, Billings said:

Time for the tribes to Separate and build side by side but different America.  Unified only by the Military and the post office  🙃

kinda already happening...I'm feeling okay with Nevada's direction

On 6/24/2022 at 9:47 PM, sactowndog said:

Is this a good thing?  We don’t want to have elected officials pick and choose what laws they follow.   They need to change the law.  

I'm not taking a stance one way or another one whether it's a good or bad thing.

Just reporting what I see. 

On 6/24/2022 at 6:47 PM, NewGuy12 said:

even though I don't like the ruling I don't think its good to advocate for violence against them bro

Well technically the 2nd Amendment was put in place to insure your rights.  While I’m not advocating violence it would be more than a little ironic if these Justices felt the intent of the 2nd Amendment they so strongly have promoted.