Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Roe and Casey soon to be overturned

On 6/24/2022 at 11:54 AM, THEUniversityofNevada said:

My wife, my mom, my sister, my aunts, and 90% of my female friends right now.

flame thrower fire GIF
Walk Away Harley Quinn GIF by HBO Max

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

Thinking this might backfire on republicans come election time - This has enraged a lot of people 

5 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Yeah this ruling was all about giving rights back. 

You will never get through to this guy... he's the one who said he'd laugh his ass off if Trump was elected again...

Trump, the guy who wants nothing more than to be the dictator of the USA ... or king, I suppose. 

The CPA  thinks it would be funny.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:03 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Thinking this might backfire on republicans come election time - This has enraged a lot of people 

and they announced on a summertime Friday, hoping "nobody" would  notice! Should a waited  for1 more week.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 6/24/2022 at 12:10 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

and they announced on a summertime Friday, hoping nobody would  notice! Shoulda waited 1 more week.

Didn't matter if they announced this midnight on Xmas eve, this is way too big of an issue to hide ......this will create a shit storm on both sides 

States are already making moves or had trigger laws in place..........clinics closing in banned states already 

GOP now trashed in the eyes of 60+% of females 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:57 PM, bornontheblue said:

Ok. What are you going to do when the republican in congress  split Mississippi, Alabama, Idaho, and Oklahoma into a 100 different red states each with two representatives, and two senators. 

This game is fun. 

As far as I'm aware, Texas is the only state that has the right to split itself. Even that is disputed. 

On 6/24/2022 at 11:24 AM, FresnoFacts said:

Mothers and babies but no mention of the father/man?

If women have lost abortion then men should be responsible for 1/2 of the pregnancy/birth costs, lost income by the woman, along with the future childrearing costs.

So, in your world, men aren't already legally held responsible for the support of the children they sire.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 6/24/2022 at 12:03 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Lol. Go campaign on it. That’s what the freak out is about.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:10 PM, Lester_in_reno said:

and they announced on a summertime Friday, hoping "nobody" would  notice! Should a waited  for1 more week.

Baby murder isn't as popular as you seem to think

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 6/24/2022 at 2:51 PM, NVGiant said:

Any chance the PAC-12 will kick out the Arizona schools and Utah and add the Nevada and Cal State schools? If so, peace out bitches!

Eh I think it's way too late plus I thi k Arizona bans abortion after 15 weeks and not completely. But the way things are going I wouldn't be shocked if they might consider doing that.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lol. Go campaign on it. That’s what the freak out is about.

Pretty sure this will become a top campaign issue & it doesn't poll well for R's -- Now that just means R's in blue/purple states will have a tougher time 

Like here in NV.......Laxalt (R) has been rated as toss up vs Cortez-Masto (D)..........with this, I'm guessing the needle moves towards D winning 

On 6/24/2022 at 9:59 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Today was a good day for America.

Bad day for women, though. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:14 PM, retrofade said:

As far as I'm aware, Texas is the only state that has the right to split itself. Even that is disputed. 

@bornontheblue is a bullshitter, like his orange idol

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/article/article-iv

West Virginia was allowed to secede from Virginia but that was likely a one off because Virginia had seceded.  It won't matter anyway because the newly expanded supreme court will just read the plain text of the constitution and not allow 1 million states to be formed as part of Mississippi.  There is no prohibition, however, for make Puerto Rico a states....and likely no prohibition for DC either....or any of the various territories we have.  So Democrats have the "TRUMP" card :lol:  

Posted Image

On 6/24/2022 at 9:57 AM, bornontheblue said:

Fetus is person.

Woman is not. 

So it begins. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, smltwnrckr said:

Bad day for women, though. 

Going to be interesting when some miscarriages happen in these bass ackwards states & the women are brought up on criminal charges 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Pretty sure this will become a top campaign issue & it doesn't poll well for R's -- Now that just means R's in blue/purple states will have a tougher time 

Like here in NV.......Laxalt (R) has been rated as toss up vs Cortez-Masto (D)..........with this, I'm guessing the needle moves towards D winning 

@mugtang, @4UNLV, top25 and I have all agreed that for the first, time, we will not be splitting tickets.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:23 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Going to be interesting when some miscarriages happen in these bass ackwards states & the women are brought up on criminal charges 

We are going to need to HUGELY increase funding for foster and orphan care for severely disabled children.  

Posted Image

On 6/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, SDSUfan said:

So, in your world, men aren't already legally held responsible for the support of the children they sire.

Are unmarried men currently legally responsible for the pregnancy medical care and birth costs along with any lost income for the woman if she has to take time off from work during the pregnancy?