Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maynard Delecto

Spartan Athletic Center Coming out of the Ground

On 7/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, Reverend said:

It's embarrassing to the conference. Right up there with New Mexico and UNLV football.

:shrug: Is that the thing called jealousy?

On 7/29/2022 at 4:48 PM, Reverend said:

Yes. I'm jealous of New Mexico you +++++ing idiot.

No, you are speaking about the construction at SJSU and equated the embarrassment to UNM and UNLV football. But what exactly is embarrassing about SJSU actually having their construction underway?  Having conference members upgrading facilities is typically a good thing.  Your stance puzzles me.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:47 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

No, you are speaking about the construction at SJSU and equated the embarrassment to UNM and UNLV football. But what exactly is embarrassing about SJSU actually having their construction underway?  Having conference members upgrading facilities is typically a good thing.  Your stance puzzles me.

Oh he’s just threatened by San Jose State.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:42 PM, King Spartan said:

We're really committed to this moving dirt around con:

http://www.earthcam.net/projects//sanjosestate/

Looks good. Thanks for the link.

On 7/31/2022 at 11:51 AM, Wyobraska said:

What's the true capacity of the stadium after this is done?  I can't find anything that will give capacity once completed, just 30k before this started.

This project isn’t adding seats. It’s going to stay where it’s at right now, around 18k. The administration has said that it has the “ability” to be expanded to 25k. But, they’re not even filling 18k, so what’s the point?  

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 7/31/2022 at 11:51 AM, Wyobraska said:

What's the true capacity of the stadium after this is done?  I can't find anything that will give capacity once completed, just 30k before this started.

Right now, it's 18.5k-ish. When the SAC is completed it should be 20k-ish. That increase is from the game day suites in the building itself, the outdoor canopy/cabana-like seating, and the berm.

If they can get the money for a phase 2, they can potentially get 3-4k more permanent seats on that side. 

On 9/16/2022 at 8:44 AM, Mike Morgan said:

Latest photo, taken this week

image.png.b5d665e28b4518fd09d8933d607d79e7.png

I thought there was supposed to be some premium seating? Is it going in between the facade and the retaining wall?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke