Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Stock Market in Free Fall

On 5/2/2022 at 11:55 AM, bornontheblue said:

the 2020 election was a horrible. Not looking forward to the next one at all. 

I really DGAF who wins. 

As long as leaders of the two major parties continue to placate their lunatic fringes, it isn't going to change.

The authors of this book: https://www.amazon.com/This-Will-Not-Pass-Americas/dp/1982172487 were on Meet the Press yesterday and it's scary what a gutless wonder McCarthy has been along with other Repubs who have kowtowed down to Trump. So unless something changes, I see no way anyone else gets the GOP nomination in '24.

On the Dem side, things are just as effed up. For example, there was a L.A. mayoral debate yesterday evening at CSULA prior to the beginning of which was this: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-05-01/after-cops-remove-protesters-l-a-mayor-candidates-take-on-homelessness-and-one-another This Abdullah woman wasn't allowed to watch because she didn't have a ticket to attend. I don't know why she didn't but assume she was part of this from a couple days earlier: 

It's time for McCarthy to grow a pair and for McConnell to say publicly about Trump what he's been quoted as having said privately. On the other side of the aisle, it's time for Dem leaders to disavow some of these BLM founders who have become an embarrassment to their movement as well as some Dems who keep criticizing Biden for not completely opening up the border and letting anyone and everyone in.

On 5/2/2022 at 3:11 PM, bornontheblue said:

I lost a lot of friends and have family members who wont talk to me because I said Joe Biden won legitimately. 

That's just sad, though I have experienced the same thing. 

On 5/2/2022 at 1:05 PM, renoskier said:

well he might get ridiculed because his take was ignorant...historically, the market has done better with a Dem in the White House :shrug:

“Stock markets do perform better under Democrats than under Republicans. That’s a well-known fact, but it does not imply cause and effect,” says Jeremy Siegel, the Russell E. Palmer Professor of Finance at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. From 1952 through June 2020, annualized real stock market returns under Democrats have been 10.6% compared with 4.8% for Republicans. 

Forbes staff article 06.23.20

On 5/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, retrofade said:

That's just sad, though I have experienced the same thing. 

Sad?

Wish I had thought of that sooner.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:29 PM, BroncoSaurus said:

Amazing how bad things get whenever Democrats are in control.  You'd THINK that people with a working brain could figure that out.

It's only going to get worse as the 100 percent illegal Dementia Joe Biden administration has only been illegally occupying the White House for a little over a year now.  They still have almost three more years to accomplish the Democrat Party's mission of destroying the United States, Christianity, Capitalism and all of Western Civilization.

Buckle up. It's going to get a lot worse. These dems hate this country, its origin and its place in the world. Grow your own, be prepared and start hoarding assets that will have value in a barter economy. 

On 5/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, Bob said:

Buckle up. It's going to get a lot worse. These dems hate this country, its origin and its place in the world. Grow your own, be prepared and start hoarding assets that will have value in a barter economy. 

Barter economy?  When your team gets back into office you don't think they have the means to fix everything?

@Bob you have a friend around here now. Maybe you and @BroncoSaurus will buy all of my crap in my garage since you think we are headed into a barter economy and cash will be useless. I will take your cash off your hands for you. 

On 5/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, Bob said:

I guess that's really gonna suck for you. #millionaire*

On 5/2/2022 at 1:56 PM, Los_Aztecas said:

I guess that's really gonna suck for you. #millionaire*

My wealth is in real estate. You know, tangible assets. Smart people do this

It's one thing to disagree politically with the dems, which I do on the economy, it's quite another to say democrats hate this country. What is your evidence for this? BTW.. dems say the exact same thing about the republicans. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 5/2/2022 at 2:04 PM, madmartigan said:

It's one thing to disagree politically with the dems, which I do on the economy, it's quite another to say democrats hate this country. What is your evidence for this? BTW.. dems say the exact same thing about the republicans. 

They hate Bill of Rights. They hate the idea of freedom.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, Bob said:

My wealth is in real estate. You know, tangible assets. Smart people do this

You think if it all collapses your slums are going to be worth anything? #delusional

On 5/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, Los_Aztecas said:

You think if it all collapses your slums are going to be worth anything? #delusional

His tenants will be paying him rent in Chickens. Thanks Brandon!

On 5/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, soupslam1 said:

It’s lost 10% in the last couple of months. Not much good news with the Ukraine war and inflation. How low will it go? 

It will turn around quickly when the war ends.  When will the war end?  No idea, but this year will average out just like all the others.  Continue buying stock as the market goes down, unless of course you are close to retirement and don't have time to wait.  If you are at least 5-7 years out,  this is just another blip.  Unless you are day trader, don't try and time the market.