Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Doug Knuth out as Nevada AD

I wonder how she'll transition from nigh unlimited resources at a top SEC program to a bottom-tier G5 school in terms of $$$. Not a knock on UNR, they have always overperformed relative to their budget but she's going to need to prove her worth as a fundraiser and forging NIL deals. She did spearhead some major social justice movements, so that's always exciting.  

She def doesn't have to worry about any major coaching hires anytime soon. Reno's locked-in with Alford/Wilson for atleast the next 3-4+ years regardless if they suck. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 6/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, Rebels18 said:

I wonder how she'll transition from nigh unlimited resources at a top SEC program to a bottom-tier G5 school in terms of $$$. Not a knock on UNR, they have always overperformed relative to their budget but she's going to need to prove her worth as a fundraiser and forging NIL deals. She did spearhead some major social justice movements, so that's always exciting.  

She def doesn't have to worry about any major coaching hires anytime soon. Reno's locked-in with Alford/Wilson for atleast the next 3-4+ years regardless if they suck. 

If she fails, it’s the regent’s fault! 

On paper she seems like a home run hire, she appears to be highly well regarded and did will in the interview. 

Hopefully she's able to successfully lead us into this new era of college athletics. 

On 6/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, Rebels18 said:

I think any Nevada fan recognizes that we have over performed compared to what resources we put into athletics.  If we ever got our shit together and funded athletics properly, the program would be a force in the MWC.  I’m curious what she is able to do here. Hopefully she’s able to fundraise more. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 6/21/2022 at 5:56 AM, bigd said:

On paper she seems like a home run hire, she appears to be highly well regarded and did will in the interview. 

Hopefully she's able to successfully lead us into this new era of college athletics. 

It’s easy to succeed with lots of money. The only time she spent slum’n was her time at UTEP. I could care less what she did at SEC schools….that’s not what she’s applying for. I want to know all about what she did at UTEP, and there’s nothing mentioned. I want to know if she can sell a few summer condos in Death Valley. If she can do that, then she can walk into a new state, city, University, groups of big $$ local corps. and sell Nevada Athletics big time. There’s no info. that shows she can, so I can’t say I like this hire. Obviously I wish her the best. 

kat.jpg

She sounded good in her introduction just now. Sandoval stole a little thunder early with his eloquence. She focused on money when asked about initial priorities, knows she is going to need to fund raise at a higher level than Nevada has seen in the past.  Maybe I missed it but did she talk about NIL at all?  Sounds like that was her forte at LSU.  

On 6/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

She sounded good in her introduction just now. Sandoval stole a little thunder early with his eloquence. She focused on money when asked about initial priorities, knows she is going to need to fund raise at a higher level than Nevada has seen in the past.  Maybe I missed it but did she talk about NIL at all?  Sounds like that was her forte at LSU.  

NIL wasn’t discussed only that college athletics was changing in the broad sense. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Oh great, we have an official Polian quote:

“A terrific person who will do a terrific job - Wolf Pack fans should be excited. Congrats to Stephanie and her family!”

Hasn’t Polian been at LSU for about 10 minutes? WTF does he know about her other than maybe she hires good sideline babysitters?  Maybe he hoping to score kiss ass points in case Wilson flops he hoping for another shot like Trump. 

kat.jpg

On 6/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, Nevada Convert said:

“A terrific person who will do a terrific job - Wolf Pack fans should be excited. Congrats to Stephanie and her family!”

Hasn’t Polian been at LSU for about 10 minutes? WTF does he know about her other than maybe she hires good sideline babysitters?  Maybe he hoping to score kiss ass points in case Wilson flops he hoping for another shot like Trump. 

I guess Polian’s brother also worked for her at Texas A&M.

Hey, if she took the job despite all the things Polian likely told her about it good for us haha.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:50 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Maybe they have shared a hot dog or two together