Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Doug Knuth out as Nevada AD

On 4/21/2022 at 11:03 AM, soupslam1 said:

C’mon you’re going to leave us hanging like that. Let’s hear the dirt. 

Not for public consumption.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 4/20/2022 at 3:52 PM, NevadaFan said:

AND, there’s a skeleton in the closet that I won’t mention but probably was part of the decision. 

I only heard rumors.  I figured they were just rumors.  I guess I was wrong.

It wasn't that long ago when many of us were concerned he'd get poached.  Now we're glad he's gone.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 4/21/2022 at 11:01 AM, mugtang said:

I freely admit to being one of those guys.  But once I learned some behind the scenes stuff my opinion shifted. 

Disappointing for sure. But 9 years is a good run at any job, especially one where you are judged and scrutinized on message boards. 

On 4/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, ripple effect said:

Lawlor and Mug spit-shining their resumes…

I would be a terrible AD. $1 beer night at women's basketball would produce the most raucous home crowd for Women's basketball in the country.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/21/2022 at 1:43 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

I would be a terrible AD. $1 beer night at women's basketball would produce the most raucous home crowd for Women's basketball in the country.

$1 beer and half the MWC board would be there. 

On 4/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, soupslam1 said:

C’mon you’re going to leave us hanging like that. Let’s hear the dirt. 

Interested Go On GIF by filmeditor

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Hi tUNRf, this is tSJSf. I wish I didn't know what you're going through. But unfortunately, I know it all too well. It' isn't 1970 anymore. It's time to wake TF up.

BS stands for "Bull Sh't". BS also stands "Basketball School". Or, is it possible the two are synonymous?

UNM and UNLV would be proof positive they are. Knuth ignored their failures, and bought into basketball's fools gold. In order to do that, he had to cheap out on football.

Your football coach dragged your school, kicking and screaming, to respectability. He did it with the tie wire and bubble gum you gave him. And when he ran out of either, you told him all the tie wire and bubble gum money went to the basketball budget. 

When your coach busted his azz for you for five seasons says "Here's all the money I got for carrying your sorry azzes.  I don't want it. The only thing I want is to GTFO of here so I can work for one of your competitors." You've got issues beyond what even lowly SJS has had to deal with.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 4/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

Hi tUNRf, this is tSJSf. I wish I didn't know what you're going through. But unfortunately, I know it all too well. It' isn't 1970 anymore. It's time to wake TF up.

BS stands for "Bull Sh't". BS also stands "Basketball School". Or, is it possible the two are synonymous?

UNM and UNLV would be proof positive they are. Knuth ignored their failures, and bought into basketball's fools gold. In order to do that, he had to cheap out on football.

Your football coach dragged your school, kicking and screaming, to respectability. He did it with the tie wire and bubble gum you gave him. And when he ran out of either, you told him all the tie wire and bubble gum money went to the basketball budget. 

When your coach busted his azz for you for five seasons says "Here's all the money I got for carrying your sorry azzes.  I don't want it. The only thing I want is to GTFO of here so I can work for one of your competitors." You've got issues beyond what even lowly SJS has had to deal with.

Advice from a SJSU sports fan… who btw, is crazy!! Happy Friday, MWC board!

On 4/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, NevadaFan said:

Advice from a SJSU sports fan… who btw, is crazy!! Happy Friday, MWC board!

You know those freight cars that parked all over the train yard you guys call an athletics complex? They're not filled with money. Those are your teams improvised locker rooms. 

And smart thing you don't keep your money in there, since you can't even afford a key to lock the things.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 4/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, mugtang said:

Not for public consumption.  

Well, at least now he'll have time to spend with his newborn baby-- at least after he gets back from rehab. His lawyer is confident none of the charges will stick anyway.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:21 PM, Maynard Delecto said:

You know those freight cars that parked all over the train yard you guys call an athletics complex? They're not filled with money. Those are your teams improvised locker rooms. 

And smart thing you don't keep your money in there, since you can't even afford a key to lock the things.

We had a lock.....but it got stolen.:huh:

AND, there’s a skeleton in the closet that I won’t mention but probably was part of the decision. 

Doncha mean great majority of the decision?

And I don't even know what you're referring to. What I DO know is altho Sando may be able to do better insofar as hiring somebody who is clean as a whistle, no way will he replace Knuth with somebody who can do better with hiring.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:11 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Doncha mean great majority of the decision?

And I don't even know what you're referring to. What I DO know is altho Sando may be able to do better insofar as hiring somebody who is clean as a whistle, no way will he replace Knuth with somebody who can do better with hiring.

Completely agree with you on Knuth and hiring. Though that likely won’t be a major part of the role for awhile, as for better or worse it does look like we have our basketball and football head coaches locked in for the foreseeable future.

Fundraising and garnering community support are the areas we can hopefully improve.

Has to be something big, where they couldn't wait.  Otherwise they would've just waited out his contract to finish out next year instead of paying him off.