Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

NBA Playoffs

On 6/11/2022 at 9:00 AM, Lester_in_reno said:

Shaq gets in on the action: LOL.

Shaq__Curry.jpg

Yeah sure, Shaq.  If you guarded Curry you'd be looking to your right and left, wondering where the hell he went.  LOL 

On 6/11/2022 at 9:33 AM, NVGiant said:

Lol. I love it when the old-timers start talking like this. Happens every year. And it usually helps Steph find another gear.

Last night was a legendary performance by a legendary player. It was incredibly fun to watch.

Yep. Lots of those guys talk that glory years nonsense attempting to maintain relevance rather than simply enjoying the spectacle while trying to keep their mouths from falling open every two minutes as they watch Curry’s wizardry. The game, while still physical as hell, rarely devolves into the bully ball of Shaq’s era (and before). I could rarely stomach the NBA back then. Curry especially has made the pro game far more fun since he arrived.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:36 PM, soupslam1 said:

Celts got in a three point shooting contest with GS. Stupid idea loses them game four. 

I should have clarified. When the game was on the line in the fourth quarter the Celts kept shooting and missing threes where they were bigger and stronger inside.

And Curry is a huge sandbagger going from possibly not playing because of injury to scoring 40+ points. 

I’ll be surprised if the Celts win the series now with two of the final three in SF. 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, soupslam1 said:

I should have clarified. When the game was on the line in the fourth quarter the Celts kept shooting and missing threes where they were bigger and stronger inside.

And Curry is a huge sandbagger going from possibly not playing because of injury to scoring 40+ points. 

I’ll be surprised if the Celts win the series now with two of the final three in SF. 

“Sandbagger” is a negative term. You sure you want to use that here?

On 6/11/2022 at 11:05 AM, Posturedoc said:

Yep. Lots of those guys talk that glory years nonsense attempting to maintain relevance rather than simply enjoying the spectacle while trying to keep their mouths from falling open every two minutes as they watch Curry’s wizardry. The game, while still physical as hell, rarely devolves into the bully ball of Shaq’s era (and before). I could rarely stomach the NBA back then. Curry especially has made the pro game far more fun since he arrived.

Yeah. Over the last 5-10 years, I think the NBA is as entertaining as it’s ever been. At least since the Showtime Lakers v. Celtics era. A far more free-flowing game than anything produced in the 90s and early 2000s.

Tatum is playing small.

"There’s seemingly endless terrible stats surrounding the Celtics in this series. And now, I present to you, the worst of them all: 

Luke Kornet has 5 points in the last 5 minutes of the first 5 games. 

Two more than Jayson Tatum."

LMAO!

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 6/11/2022 at 9:53 AM, aztech said:

Yeah sure, Shaq.  If you guarded Curry you'd be looking to your right and left, wondering where the hell he went.  LOL 

Isn't the real issue that if Shaq were on the floor they'd simply shoot a bunch of open threes because he can't cover anybody outside?

On 6/11/2022 at 11:53 AM, aztech said:

Got nothing to do with Shaq guarding him (which wouldnt be happening).  Guys who drove the lane, especially come playoff time, frequently ended up on their ass.  Doesnt happen much any more.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:11 PM, RSF said:

Got nothing to do with Shaq guarding him (which wouldnt be happening).  Guys who drove the lane, especially come playoff time, frequently ended up on their ass.  Doesnt happen much any more.

completely false

On 6/15/2022 at 11:35 PM, renoskier said:

completely false

Completely true, for the simple reason that the game has changed.  Fewer enforcer types these days, and the floor is more spread out.  Fewer Davis Boys (Indiana), no more Oakley and Mason.  And fewer defenders come off their man to step in the lane because they dont want to risk an open man to jack a 3.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:14 PM, Ernie Baer said:

Happy for Ron Adams getting another ring.  Helluva coach.    

Also happy for  Andrew Wiggins.  He justified his #1 draft choice status in these playoffs.  For sure, without him the Warriors couldn't have beaten the Celtics.