Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ghost of Jack Graham

Wyoming lands Pac 12 transfers Ethan Anderson, Max Akbonkpolo, and Jake Kyman.

Anderson is the biggest get as he will take load off of Maldonado should he return. I hope Linder has a more well rounded offense next year. The new guys aren’t going to want to be standing around watching Ike and Maldonado posting up the whole game. 

I am a bit worried about Wyoming’s spacing going into next year. With Ike, Maldo (assuming he’s back), Ethan, Max you have 4 non threats from 3 that figure to be in rotation. I know maldo took some threes last year but he will keep being ignored till he gets his % up

On 4/9/2022 at 11:22 PM, soupslam1 said:

Anderson is the biggest get as he will take load off of Maldonado should he return. I hope Linder has a more well rounded offense next year. The new guys aren’t going to want to be standing around watching Ike and Maldonado posting up the whole game. 

I think Linder has proven he's capable of adapting his system to his roster. We didn't see Maldonado playing any point guard when Marcus Williams was on the team.

I think keeping Maldo from playing nearly 40 minutes every night and splitting point guard duties with Anderson or Reynolds will be good for him. And will also cause opposing teams a headache trying to gameplan for different styles of play.

Wyoming added some much needed depth with these additions. On paper they become a much more formidable team. And the depth will help them get better in practice. The only issue I see is that Linder has shown a history of playing a very short bench. Bottom half historically in bench minutes and some years in the bottom 10%.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

Wyoming added some much needed depth with these additions. On paper they become a much more formidable team. And the depth will help them get better in practice. The only issue I see is that Linder has shown a history of playing a very short bench. Bottom half historically in bench minutes and some years in the bottom 10%.

Did you see our bench last year?   Personally have only the last two years to go by,  but I feel like Linder has shown he is willing to adapt (unlike our football coach).  With injuries, Hunter Thompson and a true freshman were our bench.

On 4/10/2022 at 1:25 PM, AztecSU said:

Congrats Cowboys. Looks like we may have 3 top 25 level programs in the Conf next season. 

Certainly not those Boise pretenders.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 4/10/2022 at 1:15 AM, sdsuphilip4 said:

I am a bit worried about Wyoming’s spacing going into next year. With Ike, Maldo (assuming he’s back), Ethan, Max you have 4 non threats from 3 that figure to be in rotation. I know maldo took some threes last year but he will keep being ignored till he gets his % up

I haven't watched UCLA or USC but all 3 of these guys stats indicate they can shoot the 3 if need be. They all shoot it better than Maldonado.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, OrediggerPoke said:

I haven't watched UCLA or USC but all 3 of these guys stats indicate they can shoot the 3 if need be. They all shoot it better than Maldonado.

Ethan shot 32% from 3 and only shoots it when wide open, max under 30% and same deal. I think kyman can shoot some if he gets confidence back tho

On 4/9/2022 at 2:38 PM, Bronco7454 said:

Yeah I'm sure there will be no culture shock for them transitioning from Los Angeles, CA., to LARAMIE - freakin - WYOMING........................yeah..............I can't see that being any problem for them at all.

shock.gif

Last I checked...basketball is played indoors, and classes are held indoors. 

Not everyone thinks & lives like a libtard snowflake...some people like wide open spaces with very limited (if any) crime, gangs, and drugs.  

On 4/10/2022 at 9:20 AM, misplacedcowboy said:

I think Linder has proven he's capable of adapting his system to his roster.

Agree. Unlike our other revenue sport coach. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

On 4/11/2022 at 1:59 PM, sdsuphilip4 said:

Ethan shot 32% from 3 and only shoots it when wide open, max under 30% and same deal. I think kyman can shoot some if he gets confidence back tho

In previous years Ethan shot 37.8% and 38.2%.  Kyman has shot 40.3%, 34.6% and 29.0% and has a career average of 36.3%. For comparison, Maldo is a career 27.2% shooter from 3.

Like I said, I haven't watched these guys but their stats indicate they can shoot to me.

On 4/11/2022 at 5:36 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

In previous years Ethan shot 37.8% and 38.2%.  Kyman has shot 40.3%, 34.6% and 29.0% and has a career average of 36.3%. For comparison, Maldo is a career 27.2% shooter from 3.

Like I said, I haven't watched these guys but their stats indicate they can shoot to me.

I've watched a lot of USC basketball last year since my kid goes there. They're really good pickups. Anderson can't score like Boogie but he runs the offense much better. You guys struck gold with your coaching staff.

On 4/11/2022 at 5:36 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

Agreed. It will be interesting to see if Linder's philosophy on three point shots will help their shooting percentage. At Wyoming, you're only allowed to take threes that are high percentage threes: paint touch, rotation, transition. If you just dribble down the court and jack up a three your ass will find some bench.

Will the Wyoming Trojans be able to gel as a team? No doubt they have gotten improved talent but will the have chemistry? Many recent examples of MW teams loaded with talent that just can't pull it together or start to gel too late to make a difference. Based on the miracle Linder did this year, with a very different and very boring style  of basketball, I think he will make it work.  How long it will take we will have to wait and see.