Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State to make a "big announcement" this week.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:38 PM, kingpotato said:

Not sure exactly what it is, but heard from an insider that it's a big one.

New video board. Will be largest in MW. No word on whether that fugly blue carpet is getting replaced but here’s to hoping. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:44 PM, Rebels2k3 said:

Boise State and Gonzaga to the Big East?

Finally, DePaul fans will have a reason to feel good about themselves. "At least we're not 0-8" will be the new motto in Chicago. 🤣

In all seriousness, if it's a conference realignment announcement, there's no way it doesn't leak before the press conference. I think it's probably an apparel deal or new facilities, maybe a huge donation.

0mK6pGK.png

On 4/6/2022 at 5:37 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Are they adding baseball?

If they're going Big East, everyone in the league has men's soccer :ph34r:

It's a big NIL deal and tomorrow they'll announce the partner. Just a guess.  But they also have renovation plans they haven't announced and they are getting more $ going into the athletic department. Jeremiah has been putting in the work. But they can't afford the renovations they want and there is no way they can do the work they wanna do at Extra Mile.

I am Halfmanhalfbronco's bitch.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

Finally, DePaul fans will have a reason to feel good about themselves. "At least we're not 0-8" will be the new motto in Chicago. 🤣

In all seriousness, if it's a conference realignment announcement, there's no way it doesn't leak before the press conference. I think it's probably an apparel deal or new facilities, maybe a huge donation.

The video does showcase the Nike logo next to the Broncos logo in the final frames, so that doesn't seem like a crazy guess.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:47 PM, madmartigan said:

New video board. Will be largest in MW. No word on whether that fugly blue carpet is getting replaced but here’s to hoping. 

Video board has been announced you don't have another announcement to announce old news 

On 4/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, BoiseStateOfMind said:

From my source, I really got the feeling that it was a facilities thing. He couldn't tell me, but I heard about this a couple days ago.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:53 PM, lakesbison said:

Why do I get the sense they WANT us all to think it's a league change....but reality it's just a Media or NIL deal ?

NDSU fans are excited though :)  I've seen lots of speculative posts in last 15 min

I really think it's a facilities improvement. Dickey has been raising money like a fiend since he got here and his vision has been to look and act like a P5. My guess is it's a facilities vision plan with clear timelines to completion.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:10 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

My guess is this feasibility study from 2019 soon becoming a reality:

https://boisedev.com/news/2020/01/06/albertsons-stadium-east-expansion/

That's boring. Especially compared to the hype video they put out today.

My guess is a new cryptocurrency that can be used for all tickets, concessions, etc. #DonkCoin