Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

On 7/14/2022 at 12:26 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Nothing says "We don't really have a football team" ("or a message board of our own") than UNLV's annual spring-summer thread about their hoops team and nobody else's.

You go, girls!

Nothing speaks of insecurity and envy more than the constant little pricks that sdsu posters throw in to UNLV threads no matter what we are discussing.

You go, well you know where!

https://gothunderbirds.ca/news/2022/7/14/ubc-mens-basketball-team-to-host-unlv-runnin-rebels-on-august-16.aspx

VANCOUVER - Nearly three months before the 2022-23 Canada West season commences the UBC Thunderbirds look forward to hosting one of the top NCAA Division 1 basketball programs in history as the University of Las Vegas (UNLV) Runnin' Rebels will visit War Memorial Gym for a late-summer showdown on Tuesday, August 16th with tip off set for 7:00 p.m.

"When we were first approached by Maury Hanks about the possibility of playing a game against UNLV we jumped at the opportunity," said longtime UBC bench boss & the all-time leader in Canada West coaching wins Kevin Hanson. "To have such a historic program play a game at War Memorial Gym is great for our local basketball community and our Program. It is early for both teams but it serves as an exciting starting point to the new season."

Just watched “Air up there” on Hulu. An older movie from the 90s starring Kevin Bacon. The beginning was about the top player in recruiting considering playing for St. Joes (fictional school) but was also considering UNLV. 

A really underrated sports movie and they don’t make movies like that anymore. Just another reminder that UNLV was all over the place in pop culture then. Blue Chip was another film that had UNLV/Tark. 

On 7/14/2022 at 11:26 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

Nothing says "We don't really have a football team" ("or a message board of our own") than UNLV's annual spring-summer thread about their hoops team and nobody else's.

You go, girls!

Like any other program has any decent sports discussion thread going on that isn't two several hundred page long realignment speculation garbage. 

UNLV contains all their offseason chatter to 1 thread and it still bothers you dorks. Why?

Oh and we have a board, but many of us were permabanned years ago because Rebelnet's mods are just lame af. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 7/16/2022 at 12:03 PM, Rebels18 said:

Like any other program has any decent sports discussion thread going on that isn't two several hundred page long realignment speculation garbage. 

UNLV contains all their offseason chatter to 1 thread and it still bothers you dorks. Why?

Oh and we have a board, but many of us were permabanned years ago because Rebelnet's mods are just lame af. 

Yeah, I’ve never understood people objecting to rebel threads.. just don’t open them, we’re not bothering anybody here, lol. I guess it’s just too simple. 

On 7/16/2022 at 12:03 PM, Rebels18 said:

Hey, brother, just giving you guys shit. I love LV and I love the T&M. Don't be a quelish. (Whatever that is.)

On 7/16/2022 at 4:47 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Hey, brother, just giving you guys shit. I love LV and I love the T&M. Don't be a quelish. (Whatever that is.)

Please show us on this doll where you were hurt.

Screenshot_20220716-170359_Samsung Internet.jpg

UNLV basketball taking advantage of extended offseason

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/jul/17/unlv-basketball-taking-advantage-of-extended-offse/

Kevin Kruger's squad just wrapped up its sixth week of summer workouts, which, under normal circumstances, would put them pretty close to the end of the offseason. The NCAA allows teams to hold eight weeks of organized team sessions in June and July, with four hours of on-court instruction per week, but UNLV won’t be stopping there.

The Scarlet and Gray are set to head to Canada next month for a series of exhibition games — schools can schedule a foreign exhibition trip once every three years — and teams are allowed to hold 10 full practices leading up to such a trip.

“The main benefit we want to get out of the Vancouver trip is that when October rolls around and we’re into official practices, they’re ready for it,” Kruger said. “We’re going to introduce a lot of the terminology and the way we conduct a practice, and just try to hammer home the culture and the way that everyday life is here, with morning practices and breakfast and weights and just getting in a routine. So they’re not surprised and there’s no learning curve with drills and terminology. That’s what we want to accomplish on this trip.”

UNLV’s three exhibitions will be played at the University of British Columbia (Aug. 16), University of Calgary (Aug. 17) and Fraser Valley (Aug. 19). That leaves time for two more weeks or workouts, a few days off, and then the 10 practices before UNLV hits the road for points north.

Four-star point guard Dedan Thomas updates recruitment

https://247sports.com/college/houston/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Dedan-Thomas-UNLV-Houston-Arizona-190243481/

ROCK HILL, S.C. -- Henderson (Nev.) Liberty point guard Dedan Thomas is starting to see his recruitment since the June 15th. So far the 5-foot-11 has received new offers UNLV, Arizona, UCLA, USC, LSU, Houston and interest from Gonzaga, Miami BYU among others.

The schools who are showing interest/offers were really impressed on how I played at section 7 in Arizona. They like like my game, love how I play and how I can run a team.”

Thomas has also begun to take some unofficial visits as he has been to Arizona, Houston and UNLV so far.

He broke down his unofficial visits with 247Sports.

Houston: “It was a great visit. I love the culture there, the coaching staff is really cool and it’s a really fun place to be. They gave the message of how much a family they are and how they’ve built a culture over the past couple years.”

UNLV: “I’ve been there a couple times and my dad played there. It’s really cool to see the hometown team interested in me and loving my game.”

Arizona: “It was a good visit. I’ve built great relationships with their coaches. I love the coaching staff and Arizona. I love how they play.

A home feeling will be important for the emerging point guard.

“I want to feel like the school is a second home and a family,” he said. “I want to see these schools playing styles and I will need to love their coaching staffs.”

-- Sounds like hes leaning uofa to me.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:30 AM, qwelish said:

Four-star point guard Dedan Thomas updates recruitment

https://247sports.com/college/houston/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Dedan-Thomas-UNLV-Houston-Arizona-190243481/

ROCK HILL, S.C. -- Henderson (Nev.) Liberty point guard Dedan Thomas is starting to see his recruitment since the June 15th. So far the 5-foot-11 has received new offers UNLV, Arizona, UCLA, USC, LSU, Houston and interest from Gonzaga, Miami BYU among others.

The schools who are showing interest/offers were really impressed on how I played at section 7 in Arizona. They like like my game, love how I play and how I can run a team.”

Thomas has also begun to take some unofficial visits as he has been to Arizona, Houston and UNLV so far.

He broke down his unofficial visits with 247Sports.

Houston: “It was a great visit. I love the culture there, the coaching staff is really cool and it’s a really fun place to be. They gave the message of how much a family they are and how they’ve built a culture over the past couple years.”

UNLV: “I’ve been there a couple times and my dad played there. It’s really cool to see the hometown team interested in me and loving my game.”

Arizona: “It was a good visit. I’ve built great relationships with their coaches. I love the coaching staff and Arizona. I love how they play.

A home feeling will be important for the emerging point guard.

“I want to feel like the school is a second home and a family,” he said. “I want to see these schools playing styles and I will need to love their coaching staffs.”

-- Sounds like hes leaning uofa to me.

Of the three schools, he didn’t mention squat about UNLV’s coaching staff. Sounds like he’s considering UNLV out of respect for his dad. Chalk this up as another whiff. 

On 7/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, Rosegreen said:

Of the three schools, he didn’t mention squat about UNLV’s coaching staff. Sounds like he’s considering UNLV out of respect for his dad. Chalk this up as another whiff. 

Time for people to admit that Kevin Kruger was a shitty hire.  He should be pulling in much better players.

Rice had the motivation and the recruiting ability but couldn't coach/lead for squat.

Otz had the recruiting ability and coaching ability but didn't have the motivation.

Kruger has the motivation and the coaching ability but can't recruit. 

F*CK MAN! COME ON !

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 7/19/2022 at 8:31 PM, ph90702 said:

Time for people to admit that Kevin Kruger was a shitty hire.  He should be pulling in much better players.

Bottom line, it comes down to wins. Clearly this season is going to hinge on the chemistry and intestinal fortitude of this team, there’s not enough talent to carry them to any postseason. 

On 7/19/2022 at 9:57 PM, Rebels18 said:

Rice had the motivation and the recruiting ability but couldn't coach/lead for squat.

Otz had the recruiting ability and coaching ability but didn't have the motivation.

F*CK MAN! COME ON !

I think we should’ve hired Todd Simon.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:57 AM, Rebels18 said:

F*CK MAN! COME ON !

sad homer simpson GIF