Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

On 6/23/2022 at 9:24 AM, qwelish said:

Another big or big swing would give kk great roster flexibility. 

I literally just said this. UNLV might be a sneaky ncaa team that gets in with grit and defense.

Nowell is another plus + plus athlete and I expect a battle for PT at SF. 

The line up is as traditional as it gets. Lui Rod and Nowell can both play SF or PF in small ball situations. 

The main questions now are does Cottrell start at PF or back up at center? Also is K Hall a PF, SF or a tweener that can play both, or neither well enough to break through? 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, qwelish said:

I literally just said this. UNLV might be a sneaky ncaa team that gets in with grit and defense.

Nowell is another plus + plus athlete and I expect a battle for PT at SF. 

The line up is as traditional as it gets. Lui Rod and Nowell can both play SF or PF in small ball situations. 

The main questions now are does Cottrell start at PF or back up at center? Also is K Hall a PF, SF or a tweener that can play both, or neither well enough to break through? 

How many scholarships are left now?

On 6/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, qwelish said:

One.

I would sit on it for a difference maker or next year.

Agreed!  It’s crowded as of now.  Need to get all the guys on campus and get ‘em Runnin’ and ready for Canada!

I think when it's crunch time on offense, McCabe is gonna be the guy bringing up the ball in the halfcourt. His ball-handling skills are the best part of his game, was always able to escape the press and set up the halfcourt.

Only problem was if BHam wasn't red-hot, there wasn't anyone to pass the ball to that could do anything 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Hopefully we won’t be totally dependent upon one player to win our games this year. The construction of this roster looks much more deliberate to function as a team. No outright stars on this squad, just a bunch of hard working mature players looking for a chance to prove themselves. While the process has been mostly off the radar the results have been solid. 

On 6/23/2022 at 3:46 PM, Rebels18 said:

I think when it's crunch time on offense, McCabe is gonna be the guy bringing up the ball in the halfcourt. His ball-handling skills are the best part of his game, was always able to escape the press and set up the halfcourt.

Only problem was if BHam wasn't red-hot, there wasn't anyone to pass the ball to that could do anything 

I hope we aren’t relying on McCabe in crunch time!

On 6/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, quickdraw said:

Hopefully we won’t be totally dependent upon one player to win our games this year. The construction of this roster looks much more deliberate to function as a team. No outright stars on this squad, just a bunch of hard working mature players looking for a chance to prove themselves. While the process has been mostly off the radar the results have been solid. 

I was thinking also about how the balance of three 12 ppg guys could make this UNLV squad a tough out. 

A team with 14ppg, 12ppg and 11ppg scorers means the team beats you by playing team ball and riding whatever hand is hot that night. 

Theyre going to have to bring their hard hat on the defensive end consistently. 

On 6/24/2022 at 7:33 AM, 303Rebel said:

DW should have come back, he was not ready in the eyes of those in the league!

Wouldn’t have made a difference. Draft is all about potential, which is why I never heard of 70-80% of the guys drafted last night. Some guy got drafted (forget who) while only playing 12 minutes a game in college. 

On 6/24/2022 at 8:41 AM, Rosegreen said:

Wouldn’t have made a difference. Draft is all about potential, which is why I never heard of 70-80% of the guys drafted last night. Some guy got drafted (forget who) while only playing 12 minutes a game in college. 

Peyton Watson and Josh Minott.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:41 AM, Rosegreen said:

We disagree on this!  I think it would have made a huge difference.  When I say come back and develop your game, Bryce could have come back and shot the ball at a better percentage than what he did the previous year. Players improve their shooting percentage all the time, don’t tell me it wouldn’t have made difference.  Bryce had to shoot 30 times to get 30 points (an exaggeration) but you get my point.  

As for DW while he is talented, he just started to turn the corner and wasn’t healthy the entire year, I would argue that with a full year and him leading the team in scoring would have been great development on his part.  So while I get the draft is about potential, I also get that both of these guys could have potentially gotten better with another year at UNLV!