Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

On 4/5/2022 at 6:26 PM, ph90702 said:

I have a good feeling that Donovan Williams will be back.  Next year will be it, however!

If he’s being ranked at 32 according to some unknown mock site, then he’s got a good path to the nba. Somebody will take a flyer given his size/ shooting skills & let him develop in the G league. Might even get a cup of coffee in the nba next year. Who knows. 

On 4/5/2022 at 7:38 PM, Rosegreen said:

If he’s being ranked at 32 according to some unknown mock site, then he’s got a good path to the nba. Somebody will take a flyer given his size/ shooting skills & let him develop in the G league. Might even get a cup of coffee in the nba next year. Who knows. 

nbadraftnet.net isn’t some unknown site.  They’ve been around for north of 20 years and are very reputable.  I don’t see Donovan Williams leaving this year because he wouldn’t go in the 1st round.  Next year, I think he’s a lock if he builds upon this year.

I said during the year that he’s a better draft prospect than Bryce Hamilton.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:49 PM, ph90702 said:

nbadraftnet.net isn’t some unknown site.  They’ve been around for north of 20 years and are very reputable.  I don’t see Donovan Williams leaving this year because he wouldn’t go in the 1st round.  Next year, I think he’s a lock if he builds upon this year.

I said during the year that he’s a better draft prospect than Bryce Hamilton.

Previous draftee at #32 signed for a Four-year, $7.89MM contract. First two years guaranteed. 

Good luck at convincing Williams to turn that down. 

That draft prediction posted above is a prediction for the year 2023 not 2022.  He is not in the 2022 draft prediction. I think he will be playing in the NBA but will be in college next year.  I really hope it is with UNLV.

On 4/5/2022 at 8:51 PM, Rosegreen said:

Previous draftee at #32 signed for a Four-year, $7.89MM contract. First two years guaranteed. 

Good luck at convincing Williams to turn that down. 

I think he stays in the draft because with the way recruiting is going he would be the focus of the defense. Bryce allowed him to not be doube teamed at all. Kruger is recruiting a nation of role players.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:17 PM, FredHaygood said:

I think he stays in the draft because with the way recruiting is going he would be the focus of the defense. Bryce allowed him to not be doube teamed at all. Kruger is recruiting a nation of role players.

We’ll see, but I also think Williams is gone. He doesn’t seem to want to spend 3-4 years in college. His (goodbye) message to declare was different than Bryce’s last year. Bryce specifically mentioned getting feedback and returning to college and flirted with Kentucky.

Williams didn’t say anything about returning to college other than signing with an ncaa certified agent to keep eligibility. 

Some of the names popping up on Twitter being linked to UNLV (along with 20 other schools) are underwhelming but we’re not getting all the information either.

On 4/5/2022 at 9:15 PM, Shaker said:

That draft prediction posted above is a prediction for the year 2023 not 2022.  He is not in the 2022 draft prediction. I think he will be playing in the NBA but will be in college next year.  I really hope it is with UNLV.

He wouldn’t transfer because he’d have to sit out a year.  That would make zero sense.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:40 PM, FredHaygood said:

If he's graduating then he wouldn't have to sit out as a grad transfer.

He's only been in college for three years.  In addition, to graduate from UNLV, more than half of your credits have to come from there.  He would've had to complete north of 60 credits in one year.  I highly doubt he does that.  In addition, he would have to acclimate to a new team and system.  There would be zero upside to transferring on multiple grounds.