Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

On 8/25/2022 at 7:29 AM, qwelish said:

I dont think you could be any more right with these takes.

But I still hold out hope that UNLV can home grow a dominant coach who wins and stays. 

Im probably stupid for that, but I do.

I get what you’re saying about developing a coach. KK could turn out to be very good, but my point was that UNLV didn’t have to wait for that to happen. But if he does become a good coach, there is no guarantee he would stay at UNLV, any more than anyone else would. 

$2 million minimum. That is what is needed to play with the big boys. No matter where or how you find the guy that can build a consistent top 25 program you’ll pay $2 million minimum if everything else works. Then finding a guy where everything else works. 

We could have kept Lon…$2 million. Could have locked in Cronin for $2 million. If everything else worked we could have kept Beard…$2million or more. Gave Otz $1.25 million, not enough. Then need to get past the great reputation our Athletic department has built with elite coaches. Starting with the Pitino limo debacle up to the Beard Board of Regents meeting. 

Year 2 of the path less chosen. Still don’t know anything. Still supporting CKK. Even if the experiment works though we will need to find $2 million minimum to pay for that success. That is the pay as you go plan where the program succeeds and makes the money first and then pays the coach. We’ve been down this road a few times in various sports. It’s working in WBB currently. 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:12 AM, 303Rebel said:

Can this team be a definite NIT team come March?

Not really sure how good this team is.

Not really sure how good a coach kk is.

Not really sure how hard the schedule is.

On 8/25/2022 at 2:21 PM, qwelish said:

This is what makes no sense to me. JJ3 may be the best of this bunch and Nowell the worst. 

Such big misses by scouts, and multiple of them. Stars and ratings are nice, but I never worry about them.

image.png.e4e02a9f06edc6c6963d4d61e374bd5b.png

image.png.0cbc982f4737431ef991d86b886deb3e.png

I tried to warn people about Nowell when they were saying he's better than Donovan Williams.

Has anyone seen this MWC offseason breakdown? The writer, Jon Rothstein projects UNLV finishing 7th, and a starting 5 of:

7. UNLV
Projected Starting 5:
G Elijah Harkless
G Jordan McCabe
G Eli Parquet
F Luis Rodriguez
C Isaiah Cottrell

First off, this is a ridiculous starting 5. And why shouldnt it be? What has UNLV done for anyone outside of Las Vegas to even care what any of the players names are? So I get it.

Hopefully the players see this and take it as a sign of disrespect. 

MWC Offseason Breakdown

On 8/31/2022 at 8:47 AM, qwelish said:

Has anyone seen this MWC offseason breakdown? The writer, Jon Rothstein projects UNLV finishing 7th, and a starting 5 of:

7. UNLV
Projected Starting 5:
G Elijah Harkless
G Jordan McCabe
G Eli Parquet
F Luis Rodriguez
C Isaiah Cottrell

First off, this is a ridiculous starting 5. And why shouldnt it be? What has UNLV done for anyone outside of Las Vegas to even care what any of the players names are? So I get it.

Hopefully the players see this and take it as a sign of disrespect. 

MWC Offseason Breakdown

I would pull the plug on Kevin Kruger after 2 years if they finish 7th.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:32 PM, 303Rebel said:

Has anyone heard anything on Cottrell?  He didn’t play in the last game in Canada…

I haven’t seen anything but at this time of year nobody is really looking at MBB. School just started and so did football. 

Cottrell is a big part of this coming season.  I’m asking why didn’t he play the last game in Canada, if you don’t know then keep scrolling.  The guy looked to be in a boot after that Friday night game in BC, so to me that’s a pretty big deal for this team with one big man if Cottrell is hurt!  He has an injury history with his Achilles’ tendon so the question is not out in left field?