Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

BOOM! That's big, Arizona was f*cking loaded last year, he was a Sean Miller recruit that got lost in the shuffle when Tommy Lloyd brought in his own boys.

Shane will have a huge Sophomore year here. Ultra-athletic lefty 6'6 guard, former 4-star Top-50 prospect. I think he's a DIRECT upgrade over Donovan Williams. There's our SCORER. f*cking FINALLY!  

I don't want to be greedy but get a 4-5 star caliber center and we're F*GGIN' DANCIN' 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Brooks Scouting Report - "Great size for position with a strong, sturdy frame. Good vision; outstanding facilitator who is creative as a distributor. High basketball IQ with strong natural instincts for the position. A lefty that's an Improved shooter with range to perimeter although he is more efficient as he gets closer to the basket. Quick hands and impressive instincts on defense. The mid-range game is there for Nowell and his deep ball has shown progress in general and has been on a high trajectory since arriving in Eastside Catholic his freshman season. Projects as a successful college shooting guard with NBA upside."

On 6/22/2022 at 10:53 PM, mundyc3 said:

Brooks Scouting Report - "Great size for position with a strong, sturdy frame. Good vision; outstanding facilitator who is creative as a distributor. High basketball IQ with strong natural instincts for the position. A lefty that's an Improved shooter with range to perimeter although he is more efficient as he gets closer to the basket. Quick hands and impressive instincts on defense. The mid-range game is there for Nowell and his deep ball has shown progress in general and has been on a high trajectory since arriving in Eastside Catholic his freshman season. Projects as a successful college shooting guard with NBA upside."

He's basically Donovan Williams +20 pounds. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 6/22/2022 at 10:07 PM, Rebels18 said:

BOOM! That's big, Arizona was f*cking loaded last year, he was a Sean Miller recruit that got lost in the shuffle when Tommy Lloyd brought in his own boys.

Shane will have a huge Sophomore year here. Ultra-athletic lefty 6'6 guard, former 4-star Top-50 prospect. I think he's a DIRECT upgrade over Donovan Williams. There's our SCORER. f*cking FINALLY!  

I don't want to be greedy but get a 4-5 star caliber center and we're F*GGIN' DANCIN' 

No. He's not better than Williams at anything except for passing. He's not a scorer either. Not even in High school. While he's athletic but not ultra athletic. A jack of all trades and master of none type player which is fine in the MWC.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, FredHaygood said:

No. He's not better than Williams at anything except for passing. He's not a scorer either. Not even in High school. While he's athletic but not ultra athletic. A jack of all trades and master of none type player which is fine in the MWC.

He'll put up an EASY 12ppg

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

FINALLY SOME F*CKING JUICE!!!! 

They get their chemistry together in Canada and then we rule over this pathetic shitheel of a conference ONCE and FOR ALL!!!! 

The Dark Ages are over, a Rebel Renaissance of enlightenment will put an end of playing down to the filthy bowels these dredge MWC PEASANTS that have besmirched the reputation of our mighty program for long ENOUGH!!

Our dominance begans today!!! Reapply that lube f*ckers!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 6/22/2022 at 8:25 PM, 303Rebel said:

Here’s hoping JJ gets plenty of burn next season.  I just don’t think McCabe outside of his ball handling and passing is enough of what we need at the PG, we need some explosiveness and athleticism along with some scoring.  

McCabe would make one of the best back up pgs in the nation. The back court is crazy deep if KK plays a traditional, Lui Rod at SF, type of line up.

If KK doesnt get another big, Im not sure the front court is deep enough to play traditional past the starting line up. He'd have to go small or smallish if theres foul trouble or injruy. Another big or big swing would give kk great roster flexibility. 

My preferred line up:

• Hark
  • Parq
  • Lui Rod
  • KHall
  • Cottrell  

But im not sure Hark and Parq are good enough to push either McCabe and JJIII to the bench, let alone both. The next question, are JJIII and McCabe good enough to push both Hark or Parq to the bench? There are a lot of combinations KK could go with. I think KK starts the season with:

• Hark
  • JJIII
  • Lui Rod
  • Cotrell
  • Muoka

or 

• McCabe
  • Hark or Parq
  • Lui Rod
  • Cotrell
  • Muoka

The front court I think is pretty much set. Maaaaybe Parq over Lui Rod? But I doubt it. 

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/jun/22/unlv-basketball-adds-shane-nowell-from-arizona/

UNLV added its sixth college transfer of the offseason Thursday, as former Arizona guard Shane Nowell committed to the Scarlet and Gray.

With Nowell’s addition, UNLV now has one open scholarship remaining for 2022-23.

An athletic, 6-foot-5 wing player, Nowell should fill a need for UNLV next season. The program lost Bryce Hamilton and Donovan Williams to the NBA Draft, so there figures to be available playing time at his position if Nowell can seize it.

Nowell was originally a 4-star recruit in the Class of 2021, and he was rated the No. 84 prospect in the nation that year by 247Sports. He chose Arizona over offers from Washington, Washington State, Oklahoma, Montana and Montana State, and he stuck with the Wildcats even after head coach Sean Miller was ousted from the program.

In his one year at Arizona, Nowell appeared in 19 games but only averaged 3.5 minutes per contest. He totaled 15 points, 15 rebounds and six assists on the season while making one of his five 3-point attempts.

Nowell will be able to suit up for UNLV immediately and comes with three years of college eligibility remaining.