Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

On 6/5/2022 at 12:12 PM, Ernie Baer said:

Lunacy!!!

The last 30 seasons of UNLV basketball have demonstrated what the program would have been had they never hired Jerry Tarkanian.

It was never Jerry’s idea to have the Thomas & Mack Center seating capacity be as large as it is.  At the time he wanted something slightly larger than the Convention Center.  He pushed for around 10,500 - 11,000 but was over ruled by the Runnin Rebel Club and other influential people in town at the time that wanted the larger capacity.

As for the WAC, the football program at the time was division II at the time.  The school petitioned the league in 74 to try and join the WAC and were rejected.

The primary reason the WAC changed its view on the school was due to the success of the basketball program led by Jerry Tarkanian in the mid 70’s.  When they reapplied in 77 they were coming off the Final Four and none of their other men’s basketball programs at the time were competing at that level and they thought it would be a shot in the arm. Had it not been for the success of the basketball program at the time they wouldn't have even been considered.  

LVCVA & Tourism drove the 18,000 Seat capacity more than UNLV or JT -- LV needed & was desperate for a venue of some capacity to host events outside of UNLV BB -- Thus the T&M was capacity was born, and as a olive branch to Reno the state approved Lawlor at 10-12,000 capacity to appease the northern contingent (Bill Raggio) in the legislature 

T&M was as much for overall Vegas tourism & events as it was for UNLV BB - It was an easier sell as a NSHE thing & to get state funding 

Which paid off as the T&M was among the highest grossing arena's in the USA from 1984 to 2000 

Hey anyone here in the know?

Does anyone here know any targets for the last 2 rides? 
Who does Kevin have his eye on or who is rumored to us that we have a legitimate shot at?

On 6/6/2022 at 7:35 AM, 303Rebel said:

Who does Kevin have his eye on or who is rumored to us that we have a legitimate shot at?

The logical conclusion of intersectionality is individualism.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:35 AM, 303Rebel said:

You asked…

Keion Brooks to Washington?! Really Kruger? He was totally obtainable if that's where he ended up. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Kentucky-basketball-transfer-Keion-Brooks-commits-to-Washington-188419096/

I don't mind the players Kruger has picked up, but can we get just ONE flashy pick-up with the final two schollies. 

Like just *one* Top-50 player in the transfer portal

If he doesn't get Mouhamed Gueye I'm going to GET PISSED OFF AND start cranking out toxic Kruger memes that PUT MY F*CKING DAVE RICE TRASH TALK TO SHAME. DO NOT F*CKING REAWAKEN 2013 REBELS18 FROM HIS SLUMBER KRUGIE!!! YOU WILL RUE THE DAY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 6/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, Rebels18 said:

Keion Brooks to Washington?! Really Kruger? He was totally obtainable if that's where he ended up. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Kentucky-basketball-transfer-Keion-Brooks-commits-to-Washington-188419096/

I don't mind the players Kruger has picked up, but can we get just ONE flashy pick-up with the final two schollies. 

If he doesn't get Mouhamed Gueye I'm going to GET PISSED OFF AND start cranking out toxic Kruger memes that PUT MY F*CKING DAVE RICE TRASH TALK TO SHAME. DO NOT F*CKING REAWAKEN 2013 REBELS18 FROM HIS SLUMBER KRUGIE!!! YOU WILL RUE THE DAY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

You're finally waking up to the fact that Kevin Kruger can't recruit?

On 6/6/2022 at 2:45 PM, Rebels18 said:

23% career three-point shooter. I saw him live against St Peter’s and wasnt impressed.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:41 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Thing is, CBB is full of guys his size that can do the same thing, that's my point..........back in the day when there was a family economic reason it was called "hardship" -- I hope it works out for him, but I don't see him getting drafted - especially after sitting for 2 years at Texas & playing one in a very average MWC 

DW will make some $$ somewhere, just probably not the NBA 

He’s getting a lot of interest and workouts from multiple teams, so somebody probably likes what they see. Long as he works hard, he’ll be alright. Staying at UNLV probably doesn’t do much for his stock, only projects as a 2nd rounder had he stayed. 

On 6/6/2022 at 2:45 PM, Rebels18 said:

I want to see UNLV get better but I think I want to see the memes more.

On 6/6/2022 at 5:42 PM, 303Rebel said:

Has anyone heard one way or the other about who we are targeting?  Is Gueye even a target or a wish…

anyone got a rebelnet confidential sub anymore? Last time they had some insider recruiting knowledge was when Shabazz Muhammad was weighing his options of either going to UNLV for free or UCLA for $100,000+

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 6/6/2022 at 7:28 PM, Rebels18 said:

anyone got a rebelnet confidential sub anymore? Last time they had some insider recruiting knowledge was when Shabazz Muhammad was weighing his options of either going to UNLV for free or UCLA for $100,000+

Tight lips keep afloat ships!

On 6/6/2022 at 3:48 PM, ph90702 said:

You're finally waking up to the fact that Kevin Kruger can't recruit?

I've been complaining about the lack of RECRUITING JUICE after every WHIFF Krugie has had. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif