Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

On 5/1/2022 at 8:50 AM, Rebels18 said:

They're in the SEC and have real boosters. Give me a break man.

They finished in the 200s in KenPom despite all of the “boosters.”  UNLV is a more relevant basketball program.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:22 PM, RebelRobert said:

Frankie Collins in the transfer portal and Michigan insiders say they are hearing he may end up at UNLV.

EFB667BA-D099-4089-A090-4F94A504DD0A.jpeg.8625ff2e250efea64b138b763dae51a4.jpeg

Vegas kid, so we should have a real good shot if he wants to come home.

The deadline to enter the portal and not have to sit out a year passed yesterday so the time to recruit over has passed. We need Udeze though.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

On 5/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, Yellow Evan said:

The deadline to enter the portal and not have to sit out a year passed yesterday so the time to recruit over has passed. We need Udeze though.

I’d rather have Adrame Diongue tbh.  Taller, longer, more upside, four years of eligibility.  If he’s being passed on because there’s a fear he will transfer after a year, then Kevin Kruger is a LOSER!

On 5/1/2022 at 2:26 PM, 303Rebel said:

Is DW gone?

My guess is that he’ll be back for one more year.  If he can be the #1 option offensively, score 15 PPG, and shoot 40% from three, he will be a 1st round pick.

We will know for sure at 9 PM PDT on June 1st.

On 5/1/2022 at 1:28 PM, rebelcuff said:

I actually might travel to the mwc tournament. We actually have a legitimate shot this upcoming year.

I see a lot of travel coming for a lot of us.

Return to Glory!

What are the possibilities going forward of schools paying players so much through NIL that they no longer have to give scholarships?

This could solve Title IX issues if schools have enough money through NIL that athletes can pay their own tuition and still be $100,000+ up.

Major programs could have 15-20 players on the roster in Basketball if they are all paid through NIL.

In Football schools could have 100+ if NIL is taking care of the bills.  This could be a return to the old days for the power programs. They can have as many players as they want, scholarship limits won't matter.

Imagine a school that has NOBODY on scholarship for Football or Basketball.  Allows you to eliminate a ton of worthless womens sports and meets Title IX.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, RebelRobert said:

What are the possibilities going forward of schools paying players so much through NIL that they no longer have to give scholarships?

This could solve Title IX issues if schools have enough money through NIL that athletes can pay their own tuition and still be $100,000+ up.

Major programs could have 15-20 players on the roster in Basketball if they are all paid through NIL.

In Football schools could have 100+ if NIL is taking care of the bills.  This could be a return to the old days for the power programs. They can have as many players as they want, scholarship limits won't matter.

Imagine a school that has NOBODY on scholarship for Football or Basketball.  Allows you to eliminate a ton of worthless womens sports and meets Title IX.

I don’t think rosters will get too stacked because players wanna play at the end of the day.  However, it would definitely lessen the need for scholarships.