Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Roster 2022 - 2023…

OK so let’s start putting together the roster for next year. This 1st post will be kept updated as we go along. 

Updated: 6/25

On the Team:

1. Jordan McCabe.      G
  2. Justin Webster.        G
  3. Keyshon Gilbert.      G
  4. Jackie Johnson III.  G
  5. Elijah Parquet.         G
  6. Elijah Harkless.       G
  7. Luis Rodriguez.      G
  8. Shane Nowell.        G
  9. Keyshawn Hall.       F
  10. Victor Iwuakor.        F
  11. Isaiah Cottrell.        F
  12. David Muoka          C
  13. Karl Jones.             C

2023 Players

1. Brooklyn Hicks.              G
  2. Robert Whaley Jr.          F

Losing BHam and Rhamm both leaves us short 30pts and 15 rebounds per game. They were also the 2 most consistent players along with McCabe at their respective positions. Even if the retuning players pick up their production we are in need of a few players ready to step in and produce. D. Williams is another big question. 

Still need  production along with some poise and maturity. Transfer portal is the answer but we will need to see how much losing coach Hartman affects our recruiting. Probably have most of the answers over the next month. Rebels!

If that core remains, I think Rebels might be in decent shape next season ---- Top of the MWC / Top 25?   Would need some real impact players from the portal or a real couple of high rated HS recruits 

But for the first time in some years there's a returning base to build from that has some "promise" 

On 4/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, UNLV2001 said:

If that core remains, I think Rebels might be in decent shape next season ---- Top of the MWC / Top 25?   Would need some real impact players from the portal or a real couple of high rated HS recruits 

But for the first time in some years there's a returning base to build from that has some "promise" 

There are a few good players coming back, but if we don't get some good transfers, I'm not sure we will improve on this year. We're losing our best players, and so far haven't replaced them, although we do have some potential in those returning young guys. We'll see what happens, and who KK replaces Hartman with.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, 4UNLV said:

There are a few good players coming back, but if we don't get some good transfers, I'm not sure we will improve on this year. We're losing our best players, and so far haven't replaced them, although we do have some potential in those returning young guys. We'll see what happens, and who KK replaces Hartman with.

Agree - Losing Hamm & BHam are big losses to the offense -- those are the keys to replacements 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, 4UNLV said:

Kevin Kruger should be able to find somebody decent.  I’m sure that he and his dad have a lot of contacts.  They MUST find somebody with experience or strong recruiting connections.

8 hours ago, Shaker said:

How about Hampshire? He is eligible for a medical redshirt for this year. I haven't heard one way or the other for next season.

I believe that he has a year remaining but has timed out due to age. He was at senior night.

22 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Kevin Kruger should be able to find somebody decent.  I’m sure that he and his dad have a lot of contacts.  They MUST find somebody with experience or strong recruiting connections.

David Grace was mentioned on twitter. Another guy who should get consideration is Matt Abdelmassih.

UNLV targets Mike Saunders Jr and Justin Hill pick Utah and Georgia respectively. WHIFF and WHIFF

Two swing and misses early for Krugie Jr. Second time going after Mike in the portal and he misses again. 

He's gonna land table scraps only again this offseason isn't he? 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 4/3/2022 at 7:23 PM, Rebels18 said:

UNLV targets Mike Saunders Jr and Justin Hill pick Utah and Georgia respectively. WHIFF and WHIFF

Two swing and misses early for Krugie Jr. Second time going after Mike in the portal and he misses again. 

Who would want to play for this type of program, especially with a coach that probably doesn't excite much?

20 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

I wasn't a fan of Saunders but the point stands. Kruger can't recruit.

On 4/3/2022 at 6:43 PM, FredHaygood said:

I wasn't a fan of Saunders but the point stands. Kruger can't recruit.

The only recruiter we had took the first flight to Florida. It's not like we can go out and get somebody great because UNLV won't pay. 

Krugie may be a little too acclimated to things falling in his lap because of pops. Even Mr. Personality Dave Rice was able to gas up 4/5 star recruits about playing in Vegas.

Has Lindsey decommitted yet? There should be a countdown because it's happening 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

UNLV basketball increasing recruiting effort in transfer portal

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/apr/03/unlv-basketball-increasing-recruiting-effort-in-tr/

Some names with video and since the article was posted some players made commitments to other schools 

UNLV has been active in recruiting the transfer portal, with coach Kevin Kruger and his remaining staff reaching out to a slew of talented players who could help the 2022-23 team. No commitments have been secured, but it's only a matter of time before UNLV begins adding instead of subtracting.

So far, most of the team's recruiting efforts appear to have been focused on point guards, but there are needs across the roster. 

A roundup of players that have been connected to UNLV via the transfer portal:

Rob Phinisee, Indiana

Another experienced point guard option, Phinisee played in 111 games during his four years at Indiana. His best campaign came in 2019-20, when he posted 7.3 points and 3.4 assists while making 33.3% of his 3-pointers. The former 4-star recruit has one year of eligibility remaining.GIF_Phinisee.GIF

Starting lineup

C- Some Guy

PF- Dat Dude

SF- The Other Dude

SG- Another Guy

PG- New Guy ( Former 5 star, kicked off his last team for unspecified violation of team rules, Juco All-American last season playing for Pigsnout CC in Hog Notch KS, best player ever recruited to any school ever, according to ph.)

I smell a Natty

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 4/3/2022 at 6:49 PM, Rebels18 said:

The only recruiter we had took the first flight to Florida. It's not like we can go out and get somebody great because UNLV won't pay. 

Krugie may be a little too acclimated to things falling in his lap because of pops. Even Mr. Personality Dave Rice was able to gas up 4/5 star recruits about playing in Vegas.

Has Lindsey decommitted yet? There should be a countdown because it's happening 

You said that anybody could get 4 and 5 star recruits to Las Vegas.  Willing to change your tune?