Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AztecAlien

MLB Predictions

This year is your team's year.

Two guys will make a run at Maris and come up short.

Somebody will buck the trend of home runs, launch angles, and defensive shifts to have a hitting streak approaching 30 games.

The Astros will cheat.

The Dodgers will choke.

The Yankees will underachieve.

Cleveland will still be cursed.

Bonds and Clemens will finally get into the Hall of Fame.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:37 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Sadly. 2002 was a looonnnggg time ago

I gotta admit, as a Dodger fan living in Nor Cal the schadenfreude was fantastic during that series. I’ll never forget that BOMB Bonds hit off Percival that (watching it live) looked like it never landed, and….. of course….. Dusty giving the ball to Russ.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

On 4/3/2022 at 7:37 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Sadly. 2002 was a looonnnggg time ago

*Cut to Giants fans remembering Glaus and Spezio then going catatonic.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 4/3/2022 at 7:49 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

I gotta admit, as a Dodger fan living in Nor Cal the schadenfreude was fantastic during that series. I’ll never forget that BOMB Bonds hit off Percival that (watching it live) looked like it never landed, and….. of course….. Dusty giving the ball to Russ.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

I was up at the top of the stadium for that. I’ve never seen a ball hit that far and no one ever will again. 

On 4/3/2022 at 7:51 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

*Cut to Giants fans remembering Glaus and Spezio then going catatonic.

I was in the stadium for the spezio home run. I thought it was an out when it left his bat and it just kept going. 

On 4/3/2022 at 8:09 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I was in the stadium for the spezio home run. I thought it was an out when it left his bat and it just kept going. 

You were at game 6? That is awesome.

On 4/3/2022 at 9:08 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I was up at the top of the stadium for that. I’ve never seen a ball hit that far and no one ever will again. 

I saw Willie Stargell hit one out at The Murph when the scoreboard and ivy were there. Someone may have made a broken windshield claim that night. 

On 4/3/2022 at 8:29 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

You were at game 6? That is awesome.

Yep. I was 17, up at the top of the stadium behind the right field foul pole. My dad scored two tickets and instead of choosing between my brother and me he sent us both without him. 

3 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Angels right fielder Tim Salmon, who hit 299 career HRs himself, said during the game "that's the furthest ball I've ever seen hit."

On 4/2/2022 at 10:09 PM, soupslam1 said:

Not sure the Dodgers will have the starting pitching to repeat the NFL West. Scherzer basically bailed them out last year. Kershaw can’t be depended on. Guys are catching on that all he has is a curve ball. Looks like they’re going to dump Bauer. Good riddance. Buehler and Urias are their only two dependable starters. 

They let Jansen go which was a good move as he’s been losing it the last two years. They still have Treinen in the BP and just added Kimbrel so the bull pen should be solid. 

The hitting should be ok especially if Bellinger can regain form. Even if he doesn’t they have enough good bats but not as much depth as they’ve had previously. 

I agree with all of this, however if the Dodgers can get to the playoffs, a healthy Urias, a healthy Buehler and a serviceable third guy (Kersh, or maybe May could be back by mid-season) could be enough.  That's generally the recipe. 

On 4/4/2022 at 2:05 PM, toonkee said:

I agree with all of this, however if the Dodgers can get to the playoffs, a healthy Urias, a healthy Buehler and a serviceable third guy (Kersh, or maybe May could be back by mid-season) could be enough.  That's generally the recipe. 

I think May will play the role Urias did in 2019, multi-inning guy out of the pen, possible starter in the playoffs. Also a significant chance Bauer is that third starter, pushing Kersh down to be the fourth guy in the playoff rotation. Good chance Bobby Miller will have his innings managed in a way that will allow him to be a factor down the stretch and in the playoffs as well.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, HR_Poke said:

I predict that the rockies pay a team 50+ million in the NL central to take their 180 million dollar 3rd base contract for a couple of prospects.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:59 PM, HR_Poke said:

Hey history repeats itself. Overpaying bryant more than they were for arenado.

You may or may not want to read this. And don't feel bad. Look at how much The Padres are in for with Machado, Tatis Jr, Hosmer and Myers. Padres ownership were thinking about releasing Tatis. He hasn't played a full season (60 Game Covid Season?) and is out half the season this year after a motorcycle accident. Clevenger who is trying to comeback from TJ will start the season on the IL with a knee injury. History indeed. 

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/03/19/kickin-it-with-kiz-kris-bryant-rockies-salary/