Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jewelz4562000

New Video Board

Is this Melaleuca guy doing NIL as well?  I mean congrats on the TV, sincerely, but you could buy some pretty solid talent spreading out $4.5 million over a few years.  Maybe he's doing both.  I don't know.

On 3/31/2022 at 2:32 PM, Headbutt said:

Is this Melaleuca guy doing NIL as well?  I mean congrats on the TV, sincerely, but you could buy some pretty solid talent spreading out $4.5 million over a few years.  Maybe he's doing both.  I don't know.

Frank Vandersloot (founder and CEO) is a BYU and BYU-Idaho grad. New company president is Boise State grad Cole Clinger (as of earlier this month, formerly was COO).

Seems to me this is more about brand exposure and advertising than boosters just wanting to boost the program financially. 

image.png.20761218234f68aed40a30870081ab32.png

1 hour ago, coalman29 said:

Are we just ignoring UNLV's board because it's really the Raider's board?

Only like 150 people in the world even know Unlv even has a football team and half of those are on this board.  Can't be expected to pick that up.

On 3/31/2022 at 2:45 PM, jewelz4562000 said:

Largest in the conference due to 4.5 mill gift. Everyone better get their lube

https://boisedev.com/news/2022/03/31/boise-state-video-board/

Congrats to BSU on having the biggest unit in the conference, at 120' x 50'.

On 4/1/2022 at 9:30 AM, Bob said:

Nice. A giant advertising board for a MLM company. Very BYU

BYU's south video board is wider but not quite as tall - 131' x 48' - and has more overall area.  But I'm sure Boise State's unit will still provide plenty of satisfaction, in spite of being a bit smaller.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, Fowl said:

Great addition and the price is right.

What’s the status on demo’ing the east side, getting rid of the track, and getting the seats closer to the field?

The visual track is gone, but I think it was water table issues to not allow them to dig the field down to add seats closer.  Otherwise it would have to be a tear down, and I wouldn't see the benefit.  I had a good view in row B last time I was there.

50 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The visual track is gone, but I think it was water table issues to not allow them to dig the field down to add seats closer.  Otherwise it would have to be a tear down, and I wouldn't see the benefit.  I had a good view in row B last time I was there.

Yep.  I sat about 10 rows up from the field on the east side when SDSU played in the potato bowl.  Went on the field afterward and thought if they could move the field to the west and then tear down the east stands and rebuild it closer to the field it would make for a better environment.  I thought I had read/heard they were looking into doing that?

22 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Yep.  I sat about 10 rows up from the field on the east side when SDSU played in the potato bowl.  Went on the field afterward and thought if they could move the field to the west and then tear down the east stands and rebuild it closer to the field it would make for a better environment.  I thought I had read/heard they were looking into doing that?

They would have done it already if they could. This has been a conversation for over a decade.  They just painted the track gray. That stadium is ‘95 Dodge Neon with 22” chrome rims and a Bentley grill. Think of the video board as a huge spoiler.  The Frankenstein stadium stays on brand. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg