Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WYO1016

Linder Extended through 2027

$700k per year guaranteed plus incentives. REALLY glad we could get this done. He's a hell of a coach. Wyoming and the MW are lucky to have him!

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 4:23 PM, packNV said:

Any idea on the buyout?

None yet. I'll look for the contract next week when it gets published.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 4:48 PM, rebelcuff said:

The Pac 12 is going to have some jobs open next year. Make them pay Wyoming.

Colorado is the only one that Linder would be a logical fit for.  I don’t see Tad Boyle going anywhere.

16 hours ago, packNV said:

Any idea on the buyout?

Two tanks of gas.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 3/30/2022 at 5:59 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

Or we will just keep our coach for a long period because we meet a lot of Linder’s lifestyle goals and we will build a top notch western basketball program.  

OK, that's right up there with bike paths.  I'm sure he likes Laramie (some of us actually do) but it's a $700K deal + incentives.  It's no different than with Medved, the right job plus $2 million/year can make one rethink their "lifestyle goals".

Good on you for keeping him, but keeping him for a "long period" is still up in the air.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:28 PM, Headbutt said:

OK, that's right up there with bike paths.  I'm sure he likes Laramie (some of us actually do) but it's a $700K deal + incentives.  It's no different than with Medved, the right job plus $2 million/year can make one rethink their "lifestyle goals".

Good on you for keeping him, but keeping him for a "long period" is still up in the air.

Agreed. Hope the Medved and Linder guys stick around to change basketball conference dynamics. 

tetons1.jpg

On 3/30/2022 at 4:38 PM, soupslam1 said:

The buyout is always key. If you’re going to lose your coach to a P5 you should get at least $5M in return. 

Thats what I don't get i feel like g5's always cuck themselves out on this.  Like "well the coach won't wanna sign if the buyout is too big."  I'm like they have more money than they know what to do with. If they want them they will pay. Make them.