Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewGuy12

Fraudzaga looses again!

8 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

The only thing Gonzaga lacks is being part of a REAL conference like the MWC.  They could learn a thing or two about postseason success here.1886807F-B278-4D39-B5C6-CECE38648060.gif.b69b10951abba099f32224c690e4a210.gif

the same thing can be said about you're crappy team as well. when was the last time you won a game in the big dance? 

On 3/25/2022 at 9:23 AM, NewGuy12 said:

the same thing can be said about you're crappy team as well. when was the last time you won a game in the big dance? 

My point EXACTLY…. BYU hasn’t won an NCAA tournament game since playing in a REAL conference like the MWC (guess early on in the WCC they did but that was just legitimacy carryover from the MWC)!!!  It’s the cure to all of Gonzaga’s woes!

v0icAvfW.jpg

49 minutes ago, ashnel said:

I think I heard somewhere that Coack K lost the first seven times that Duke made it to the Final 4 before he finally won the NCAA title.  Maybe the Zags are in the same boat.  Gonzaga is to be admired.  They have shown that it is possible that a "mid major" program can compete consistently at the highest level and that some posters on this thread might be jealous of their success.  I would rather see Gonzaga win a title than some of the traditional blue bloods that usually end up winning the NCAA.  Few appears to run a clean program and that should be admired as well.  

It took Krzyzeski four trips to the Final Four before winning it all and they were all rough trips on top of it.  In 86 they were solid favorites over Louisville in the title game but lost, they were blown out by Kansas in 88 and Seton Hall in 89 semifinals and of course suffered the worst defeat in NCAA title game history to UNLV.

I remember late in the 90 title game looking over at him and feeling sorry for him knowing the heat he was going to take. At the 91 Final Four there was a good amount of chatter questioning whether he was a big game coach.  Obviously no one is saying that now.

It took a number of coaches (Krzyzeski, Dean, Roy, Jerry, Lute) multiple tries before finally winning a national title.  And of course several really good coaches who won a lot of games, NCAA tournament games, like Lefty Driesell, John Chaney, Gene Keady, Tom Davis that never made a Final Four.  

It’s hard enough to make a Final Four much less win a national title.  Silly to be overly critical of a coach with two title  game appearances and multiple sweet sixteen/elite eight appearances.  

2 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

It took Krzyzeski four trips to the Final Four before winning it all and they were all rough trips on top of it.  In 86 they were solid favorites over Louisville in the title game but lost, they were blown out by Kansas in 88 and Seton Hall in 89 semifinals and of course suffered the worst defeat in NCAA title game history to UNLV.

I remember late in the 90 title game looking over at him and feeling sorry for him knowing the heat he was going to take. At the 91 Final Four there was a good amount of chatter questioning whether he was a big game coach.  Obviously no one is saying that now.

It took a number of coaches (Krzyzeski, Dean, Roy, Jerry, Lute) multiple tries before finally winning a national title.  And of course several really good coaches who won a lot of games, NCAA tournament games, like Lefty Driesell, John Chaney, Gene Keady, Tom Davis that never made a Final Four.  

It’s hard enough to make a Final Four much less win a national title.  Silly to be overly critical of a coach with two title  game appearances and multiple sweet sixteen/elite eight appearances.  

If Cal was a better Xs and Os guy he'd have 3 titles (1@Mem/2@KY)...instead he only has one. That said, he still deserves his HOF spot.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

... in the tourney. we're talking about the tourney. champsionships in the tourney. wins in the tourney. that is all that matters in cbb. 

OK.  First off, we are on the same page about what matters in college hoops.  Second,  either you or I are not understanding the english language. 

Let me restate;  we know all too well how hard is it to win a game in the DANCE.  We know this because we HAVE NOT WON A GAME IN THE DANCE.   If it was easy, we WOULD NOT BE 0-8.

4 minutes ago, roughrider said:

OK.  First off, we are on the same page about what matters in college hoops.  Second,  either you or I are not understanding the english language. 

Let me restate;  we know all too well how hard is it to win a game in the DANCE.  We know this because we HAVE NOT WON A GAME IN THE DANCE.   If it was easy, we WOULD NOT BE 0-8.

you only know how hard it is to get there.

you don't know how hard it is to win once, let alone multiple times

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

There was an interesting comment from the announcers last night as U of A was getting bounced from the tourney (yay!!).  The guy said a west coast team hasn't won the tourney in over 25 years.  This speaks volumes to me.  It's not about the coaching or the systems.  It's that for hoops, as a whole, the top hoopsters either stay in the east or want to go east if they are from the west.  I have no idea why that's the case other than maybe the east gets better media exposure in hoops.  So it seems that it's not that the MW doesn't get the athletes it's the entire west.

Another interesting fact is that nearly the entire U of A team was made up of international athletes...

As for the Zags, they have nothing to hang their heads about... they have done far better than any west coast team over the last 25 years... more consistent than anyone.

8 minutes ago, Someone Else said:

There was an interesting comment from the announcers last night as U of A was getting bounced from the tourney (yay!!).  The guy said a west coast team hasn't won the tourney in over 25 years.  This speaks volumes to me.  It's not about the coaching or the systems.  It's that for hoops, as a whole, the top hoopsters either stay in the east or want to go east if they are from the west.  I have no idea why that's the case other than maybe the east gets better media exposure in hoops.  So it seems that it's not that the MW doesn't get the athletes it's the entire west.

Well... makes sense, right? The east has Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Villanova

The west has... UCLA 

It's easy for one of those blue bloods to be down (Indiana) and the rest to keep up the slack. But as UCLA has been down? There's been no other blue blood to win and few teams to pick up the slack (Arizona doing the best and Gonzaga trying).

Just a lot less programs overall and very few blue bloods I guess is what I'm saying. 

Another interesting fact is that nearly the entire U of A team was made up of international athletes...

That's Tommy Lloyd.

As for the Zags, they have nothing to hang their heads about... they have done far better than any west coast team over the last 25 years... more consistent than anyone.

be great to get that one monkey off our backs. 2017... so damn close.  2020.... no one dominant team, had the chance take from us. rough stuff

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Well... makes sense, right? The east has Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Villanova

The west has... UCLA 

It's easy for one of those blue bloods to be down (Indiana) and the rest to keep up the slack. But as UCLA has been down? There's been no other blue blood to win and few teams to pick up the slack (Arizona doing the best and Gonzaga trying).

Just a lot less programs overall and very few blue bloods I guess is what I'm saying. 

That's Tommy Lloyd.

be great to get that one monkey off our backs. 2017... so damn close. 

Well, I suppose that could be an explanation... the top top will go to the blue bloods but that doesn't explain all of it.

Every year it seems the only west coast teams with any kind of a chance are the 3 you mention... UCLA, Zags, and U of A... not another team... to me that means that the rest of the teams aren't getting the athletes... watching this tourney just magnifies it for me.  Colgate, TCU, Texas Tech, Houston, etc... all way better than anyone on the west except the 3 mentioned. I don't believe it's coaching ... it has to be the talent level. jmo

The only way Gonzaga is joining the MW is…..money! Competition has nothing to do with it. That’s what Gonzaga said last time but stayed in the WCC because of $$$. Gonzaga has always said it will listen to conference proposals. 

I don’t think a deal is dead in the water but Craig is going to have to step up and figure out how Gonzaga can find a move to the MW lucrative. 

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

The only way Gonzaga is joining the MW is…..money! Competition has nothing to do with it. That’s what Gonzaga said last time but stayed in the WCC because of $$$. Gonzaga has always said it will listen to conference proposals. 

I don’t think a deal is dead in the water but Craig is going to have to step up and figure out how Gonzaga can find a move to the MW lucrative. 

Yeah this is what everyone needs to understand 

Kids go to the best teams or to play against the best teams. Every one of these top kids have dreams of being in the League and the way to get there is against the best competition out there. That is the great thing about the new transfer program is that it makes it easier for the talented kid on the bench that was passed over to get a 2nd or even 3rd chance. There is some talent in the portal available like never before.

26 minutes ago, Someone Else said:

Night Map Of Usa With City Lights Illumination High-Res Stock Photo - Getty  Images

On 3/25/2022 at 10:42 AM, 702Canary said:

Night Map Of Usa With City Lights Illumination High-Res Stock Photo - Getty  Images

I believe you’re attempting to show population density out west vs east of the Rockies, but if this is supposed to be an image of city lights, it’s not accurate. 

gonzaga basketball >>>>>> boise anything

lmfao at a boise fan shitting on gonzaga's program success...yer whole school's image is staked on truck driving and football...where gimmicks reign more than anything.