Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Latest Lunardi Bracketology

Latest Lunardi bracketology has the top four teams in with Wyoming the last four play in. CSU and Boise State 7 seeds, SDSU a 9 seed, and Wyoming a 12 seed. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2022-march-madness-men-field

Of course this could all change depending on how things go in the MWCT. Win it it and you could get a 5 or 6 seed which is a good position. Lose and you drop to a 8 to 10 seed. A seven seed gives you a great chance at winning the first game, but then you run into a 2 seed in the second game. An 8 or 9 seed runs into a 1 seed in the second game. It’s almost better to be a 10 or 11 seed if you can’t be a 5 or 6 seed. 

55 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I hope we finally win one.

The program needs it so badly.  You aren't really there until you turn that corner.  Good news is that Leon's teams in their 2 tries have been in those games up to the end and this year's team finishes better than any team he's had before.

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

An 8 or 9 seed would be the best seed we’ve ever had. We’ve usually been an 11 seed or higher where the odds of winning are not very good. 

Nevada won games as a 10, a 9 and a 7 twice. But crapped the bed as a 5 and 7?? IMO, it’s all dependent on the match up and if a team is playing well. 

I think the MWC teams are as battle tested as they've ever been this year. So hopefully we see a few wins. 

On 3/8/2022 at 2:17 PM, roughrider said:

The program needs it so badly.  You aren't really there until you turn that corner.  Good news is that Leon's teams in their 2 tries have been in those games up to the end and this year's team finishes better than any team he's had before.

The 2012? game was a heart breaker.. play in game and opponent didn’t have a big name but still.

25 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

The 2012? game was a heart breaker.. play in game and opponent didn’t have a big name but still.

2013 La Salle and they went to the Sweet 16 that year.   And even worse last time they had to play Dayton in Dayton and lost by one at the buzzer.  dayton won another game after that.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:54 PM, roughrider said:

2013 La Salle and they went to the Sweet 16 that year.   And even worse last time they had to play Dayton in Dayton and lost by one at the buzzer.  dayton won another game after that.

after Boise was up like 20 at one point :facepalm:

On 3/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, IanforHeisman said:

Dayton that’s the one I was thinking about. Loved that team. Sophomore Derrick Marks was so good.

Wyoming is OUT if they lose Thursday!  UNLV will need about five times the effort they had last Saturday to get a win.

If they beat Wyoming, I think they win the MWCT.  The final two games would be against definite at-large teams.

I hope like hell the rebels win on Thursday and make a run but I think Wyoming is going to come out with some real intensity, knowing what is at stake for them. I also think they’ll have a decent showing of fans which will offset the ‘home crowd’. Rebels are going to have to match the intensity and play some inspired ball, otherwise I see Wyoming moving on to play in the semis.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, NevadaFan said:

Nevada won games as a 10, a 9 and a 7 twice. But crapped the bed as a 5 and 7?? IMO, it’s all dependent on the match up and if a team is playing well. 

I think the MWC teams are as battle tested as they've ever been this year. So hopefully we see a few wins. 

I would think the 2011 and 2013 MWC were much better at the top, not bad in the middle either.  Bottom always gonna bottom, but the top were teams well in the T25 throughout the year.  Big 3, plus CSU, and Boise for 2013.  Absolutely packed gyms, big upsets, good OOC records.  This was a scrappy season, but those two seasons, those teams had absolute dogfights.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, soupslam1 said:

An 8 or 9 seed would be the best seed we’ve ever had. We’ve usually been an 11 seed or higher where the odds of winning are not very good. 

I'd rather roll the dice on being 11 than be in the 8/9 game or 7/10. Your chances of beating 3 seed in the second round are much better than beating a 1 or 2. 12/5 isn't a bad place to end up either.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'd rather roll the dice on being 11 than be in the 8/9 game or 7/10. Your chances of beating 3 seed in the second round are much better than beating a 1 or 2. 12/5 isn't a bad place to end up either.

I get the argument, but you need to win the first game to play a second. 

20 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I’m not sold on any of the MWC teams even winning a game in the Dance this year. Both the Aztecs and USU were better last year than any of the teams this year and they got trounced.