Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSUfan

Snapdragon Stadium Progress Video

On 8/18/2022 at 9:32 AM, dshawfan said:

I wasn’t sure w/o an emoji thrown in there; I mean, maybe you really found them adorable 😳, to each their own 😉

Indeed.

They have a function to perform, but instrumentalists are some of the weirdest people you'll ever encounter (and I say this with affection as the holder of a minor in Music at USU).

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 8/18/2022 at 9:24 AM, USU78 said:

Indeed.

They have a function to perform, but instrumentalists are some of the weirdest people you'll ever encounter (and I say this with affection as the holder of a minor in Music at USU).

One of the most gifted math students I ever taught went on to get a doctorate in music. I thought he’d be an engineer, computer programming wizard, doctor, lawyer, but music was and is his passion. 

On 8/18/2022 at 7:40 AM, LoFasZz said:

Don’t forget…CSU was the first with our official beer and then everyone else copied 

Jesus Christ.  You are inaccurate on pretty much everything in this thread.  University of Louisiana's started in 2015, UCD had a brief one in 2011, LSU in 2016

Colorado State - 2017  

:whistle:

On 8/18/2022 at 11:02 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Jesus Christ.  You are inaccurate on pretty much everything in this thread.  University of Louisiana's started in 2015, UCD had a brief one in 2011, LSU in 2016

Colorado State - 2017  

:whistle:

@LoFasZz is bitter.  Everyone of his posts are green - with envy.  He can't stand that CSU sucks (and will suck for a long time) and has never been able to fill their stadium.  

On 8/19/2022 at 1:22 AM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

Looks like a decent soccer field that can be utilized for a variety of sports much like an elementary uses it’s multi-purpose room as a cafeteria, assembly room/conference area, storage. Congrats Assticks you must be very proud!? 🤷🏽  

What’s impressive is how quickly the university got it done. Many (and I mean many) doubted the project would get off the ground, much less on time and on budget. So Cal, and San Diego in particular, are notoriously difficult civic landscapes in which to complete projects of this size and prominence. So kudos to SDSU in silencing the many doubters, of whom there are still plenty.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

On 8/19/2022 at 6:53 AM, albert mac meda said:

What’s impressive is how quickly the university got it done. Many (and I mean many) doubted the project would get off the ground, much less on time and on budget. So Cal, and San Diego in particular, are notoriously difficult civic landscapes in which to complete projects of this size and prominence. So kudos to SDSU in silencing the many doubters, of whom there are still plenty.

The best part is that the only smack the conference mates can say about where SDSU plays sounds so absurdly dumb now, it really makes me happy to watch the few actually try.  A long time coming. 

Still surprised to see it play out: 

A. In SDSU's favor

B.  Something got done, and on schedule.  

C.  So far, SDSU has not deviated from their objectives, River Park is underway, and site prep for the rest of campus is starting.

Indicates the City/County believed SDSU was the more responsible party to resurrect the eyesore, and so far, so good.

On 8/18/2022 at 1:35 PM, albert mac meda said:

Is that the entire band? That is a surprisingly small group. Perhaps it’s only part of the whole?

That’s big compared to UNM’s band. There are high schools bands here, that are bigger than UNM’s!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 8/18/2022 at 10:22 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

Looks like a decent soccer field that can be utilized for a variety of sports much like an elementary uses it’s multi-purpose room as a cafeteria, assembly room/conference area, storage. Congrats Assticks you must be very proud!? 🤷🏽  

Jealous much? First, all of the seats and sight lines are very close to the action (as stadium tours have confirmed) the size of the playing surface is exactly what will help monetize the facility (20 million net per year from all sources and rentals) the stadium itself was designed with all of the best elements from  TCU, Baylor and CSU as templates. Lastly, Fresno would kill their mommas to have this exact stadium in place of that old toilet they play in. Sorry FresNO fan, this is a home run by every measure. If you are jealous now, wait until the Aztecs graduate to a power conference and leave your sorry asses in Group of 5 hell.