Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSUfan

Snapdragon Stadium Progress Video

On 7/8/2022 at 5:59 PM, LoFasZz said:

We literally have everything that he included. I see your premium seating/press box area. Looks like it’ll hold 20 people

Everything except a NWSL team tenant... and an MLR tenant... 

On 7/13/2022 at 9:17 AM, Koji Vu said:

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/aztecs/

Half of the stadium sections are "locked out" and its hard to find any section with less than half of the seats taken - which projects to approximately 80% of the stadium seats already accounted for. So SDSU is probably at 28,000/game - BEFORE one single game ticket has been sold.   

Last week I counted all seats unavailable, not including the student section, the southeast lower bowl corner sections (guessing visitor sections), and two sections on the west side (guessing recruiting and school-reserved sections).  It was 19,081.  So 28k may be lofty, but it would not be much if it were.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:56 AM, SDSUfan said:

Grass is down......

image.png.0c5cedc6ca7d4e9355db423de01015f0.png

When do they paint the Pac12 logos on the field ?

;)

image.png.86907b75a5c3e05d2e20a393ae4aa2f5.png

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 6/22/2022 at 11:45 AM, aztech said:

Supposedly our stadium will be the only one in the MWC   PAC12 with real grass.

FIFY

Americans Mayor

On 6/22/2022 at 4:19 PM, Aztec1984 said:

The stadium is nice, but I really want to see the rest of the development to happen quickly. The River Park is next, according to the agreement with the city. After that I expect housing and the retail areas to go next (have to do both at the same time). I think that should follow rather quickly. The hotel will be owned by a private entity, though SDSU students in their "hospitality" program will work there. Again, need the retail areas to be done before or concurrently with the hotel. The innovation district would seem to be the last part of the development.

But, when this is done it will really improve the area. The Q and surrounding parking lot was an eyesore.

Damn, I won't recognize the old neighborhood.

My father lived in the Mission Playmor condos behind 24 Hour Fitness for 35 years.

My first job was stocking the coolers at the neighborhood 7/11 before and after the ballgames.

Americans Mayor

On 6/24/2022 at 2:47 PM, AztecSU said:

It will be interesting to see how many attend games using the trolley. I recently moved to south OC and if I wanted I could take the train from San Juan Capistrano all the way to the stadium. Pretty cool. 

Went to a Charger game back in 2014. It seemed as if the Trolley was more popular than driving.

But, that was then. it's all about the tailgate. Right ?

Americans Mayor

On 6/29/2022 at 11:51 AM, aztech said:

I think the supply chain issue is overblown.  

There are plenty of resale shops within a 5 mile radius. 

It shouldn't be difficult to outfit those luxury suites.

Americans Mayor

On 7/8/2022 at 9:55 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

North endzone seems like they could horseshoe it pretty simple for the largest amount of seats 

End Zone seats, while the obvious add, have low $$$ value.

Between the 20's is where the money is.

Americans Mayor

On 7/8/2022 at 11:26 AM, LoFasZz said:

Pretty average looking stadium…waaaay worse than CSUs Canvas stadium. You guys couldn’t afford any press box/premium seating?

Lools like FIUs stadium that’s 20 years old 

It will outclass your crib.

Especially in November.

Americans Mayor

On 7/8/2022 at 9:37 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Maybe someday you’ll do something with it. 

I'll bet SDSU sells out their crib before CSU does.

Americans Mayor

I heard a rumor, probably not true, but I heard Kellogg’s was a close second in naming rights behind Snapdragon. Kellogg’s wanted to use it to promote their Rice Krispies line of products and name it Snap Crackle & Pop Stadium. However, San Diego St. officials decided that they wanted to move away from the legendary fireworks show success stereotype and focus more on what they can accomplish on the field. 

*CSR=0

*I’m going to start giving out a CSR (Convert Seriousness Rating, 0-10, 10 being most serious) so guys like @Slapdad don’t have to guess how serious I am with each post I make. 

kat.jpg

On 7/22/2022 at 7:31 AM, Spaztecs said:

Damn, I won't recognize the old neighborhood.

My father lived in the Mission Playmor condos behind 24 Hour Fitness for 35 years.

My first job was stocking the coolers at the neighborhood 7/11 before and after the ballgames.

That 7/11 was next door to Smoky's bar.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Single game tickets were made available to season ticket holders today and it’s a feeding frenzy. Cheapest seats available for the home opener are $103, and there are only about 70 of those remaining now.

On 8/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, badfish said:

Single game tickets were made available to season ticket holders today and it’s a feeding frenzy. Cheapest seats available for the home opener are $103, and there are only about 70 of those remaining now.

Have you seen any actual ##s?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.