Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSUfan

Snapdragon Stadium Progress Video

I can't wait to see my favorite pro rugby team - San Diego Legion play at Snapdragon Stadium. They're currently playing at SUDS Sports Deck. I'm going to the match this afternoon vs Houston. B) 

https://www.sdlegion.com/

On 5/8/2022 at 11:23 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

Old Disney AP holder, and Oakland A's STH here: That sucks, sorry to hear it. Nothing beats a good fireworks show.

Lol. Joking or not, the show it self has a long history locally and a lot of folks want it to stay, it just won’t be at SDSU football games anymore. Probably going back to Fiesta island is my guess. 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:34 AM, tailingpermit said:

Don’t think you can have too much, that’s the first expansion Boise will be making.  Easy sell out each lease term.  

For sure. As I understand. Expansion would mean closing off the north end of the bowl and extending the east upper deck. As long as the luxury seating stays around 10% of total seating it should be fine.

Area around the stadium is starting to come together. 

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

What's the structure up by the freeways/trolley station made out of two piece trusses? Is that the concussion dungeon for when you hire Mike Leach?

Seriously though, SUDS gets made fun of a lot. But you guys here aren't the reason why. Congrats on the new digs, and enjoy it.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 5/29/2022 at 10:49 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

What's the structure up by the freeways/trolley station made out of two piece trusses? Is that the concussion dungeon for when you hire Mike Leach?

Seriously though, SUDS gets made fun of a lot. But you guys here aren't the reason why. Congrats on the new digs, and enjoy it.

I think it is the infrastructure for this bridge.

mission-valley-river-park-bridge-view-pr

On 5/29/2022 at 12:21 PM, SDSU891 said:

I think it is the infrastructure for this bridge.

mission-valley-river-park-bridge-view-pr

Never thought about this before but I guess the road that goes by 24hr fitness and the trolley stop before the stadium must run through the property now instead of only being open for stadium events? 

On 5/30/2022 at 2:03 AM, kalua pig said:

when will the stadium be completed?

Amazing process (considering the Construction Approach being traditional Bid>Spec). Infrastructure completed- needs Sod, Asphalt and commissioning process.

Early- DOUBT within budget yet Early is HUGE!

Clark did a great job.

On 5/31/2022 at 1:10 AM, kalua pig said:

looks like a lot of work left to do.

The entire site will take a couple of decades to build out.  Initially, the stadium and river park. 2nd phase is a hotel between the north end zone and Friars Rd.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/31/2022 at 9:07 AM, USU78 said:

I like it 

check out the update above.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, Aztec Since 88 said:

Aztec open their season in SnapDragon on Sept 3rd.  versus AZ.  We are under 100 days.

Wow. That is not a ton of time construction wise. They seem to have a ton still to do.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:35 AM, rebelcuff said:

Wow. That is not a ton of time construction wise. They seem to have a ton still to do.

last remaining seats should be arriving by shipping container this month. Once the seats and field are good, its all about the concourses as it appears the club spaces are mostly complete now. 

On 6/15/2022 at 10:35 AM, rebelcuff said:

Once the grass is laid what else do you see in the picture that needs doing? 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 6/15/2022 at 4:49 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Once the grass is laid what else do you see in the picture that needs doing? 

Just seems like the roads in and out aren't close. I happy for you guys by the way. How far from campus?

On 6/15/2022 at 2:10 PM, rebelcuff said:

Just seems like the roads in and out aren't close. I happy for you guys by the way. How far from campus?

It's right off Friars Road, which is a 6-8 lane arterial. It's about 2.5 miles from the campus. Two stops from the campus station on the light rail.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say