Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpartanDude

Need Advice For Albuquerque Visit

On 3/2/2022 at 11:20 PM, Wyobraska said:

I like The Pantry

On 3/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, NMpackalum said:

Pasquales for breakfast is always worth the wait. Red Chile breakfast burritos at Blakes is solid. Geronimos is worth the splurge.

Thanks, I will be looking into these.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, nmlongbow said:

Blake’s is nothing like it used to be. There’s 20+ places with better burgers and I wouldn’t waste my time. El Modelo is still excellent, carne adovada or chicharrone burrito with red is the best. Sadies on 4th street is still good and it’s not a dive like El Modelo. Santa Fe restaurants have a lot of competition and are very good with so many to choose from.

Any other fast food type places to get a green chile burger.  

On 3/3/2022 at 8:34 PM, bitteraztec said:

Any other fast food type places to get a green chile burger.  

Blake's still.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:55 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Haven't been to Albuquerque in awhile, but always grab a beer at La Cumbre and Marble when we do get a chance to go. ( I eat my mom's NM food while I'm there ;) )

Love La Cumbre!

I had Blake's on Monday because it was the only spot near where I was working. It's no better than McDonald's green chile cheeseburgers. Blake's has gone downhill. Whataburger has a better burger if you're looking for a drive through. 

Owl Cafe has a good GCC. Laguna Burger is a solid choice. Burger Boy in Cedar Crest (20 minutes east of ABQ is my favorite. 

Toltec Brewing and Nexus brewery have good options as well.

In Santa Fe Bobcat Bite is the most famous GCC. They're good but a little expensive for what you get.

Follow up question: what condiments are typically on a green chile burger.  

I usually have ketchup and/or mayo on a hamburger.  And mustard only on a hot dog.  But I don't want to screw it up by asking for the wrong thing. 

On 3/2/2022 at 11:03 AM, sean327 said:

If you don’t eat at El Modelo while you’re there, I will hunt you down and kick you in the nuts. Best tostadas in the World.

http://elmodelomexicanfoods.com/

Damn, that's reasonably priced. I guess those menu prices might not be totally current, but I'll go there and put food into my mouth. 

On 3/18/2022 at 10:01 PM, I am Ram said:

Damn, that's reasonably priced. I guess those menu prices might not be totally current, but I'll go there and put food into my mouth. 

You won’t be disappointed.