Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 3/1/22 - Nevada@Boise, SJSU@AFA - WHO YA’ GOT?

The MW stream from Air Force keeps freezing up, it's very frustrating. The score is 32-32 with 13 minutes left in the game. 

Go Spartans! 

AFA won a close game, 58-54. Congrats Falcons.

Kudos to Coastie! 👊

1 hour ago, packNV said:

Congrats Boise!

What an electric crowd at tonight's game.  They were really loud when it mattered.  Great game by the Pack tonight. Jeckyl and Hyde team.  If they had played like that all season, would have won a lot more games.  Not looking forward to the rematch in the tourney.  

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nevada hit impossible shot after impossible shot.

That is team that should have been right with the top 4 on paper...

They hit some tough shots and some opportune threes. This was the Nevada team I thought we would see that was picked for third. I was hoping this game wouldn’t go down to the last few minutes but it had to play out like most of the other conference games this year. 

The most deserving guy in the MWC won’t make the all MWC team. Kigab has been the heart and soul of this Bronco team. He defended the opponents best player all year and still managed to average 15 ppg. I can’t think of any Bronco that played as hard as Kigab. He’s a special player and person that will be missed next year. Hopefully he can lead us to a win in the Dance. 

On 3/1/2022 at 10:32 PM, soupslam1 said:

They hit some tough shots and some opportune threes. This was the Nevada team I thought we would see that was picked for third. I was hoping this game wouldn’t go down to the last few minutes but it had to play out like most of the other conference games this year. 

The most deserving guy in the MWC won’t make the all MWC team. Kigab has been the heart and soul of this Bronco team. He defended the opponents best player all year and still managed to average 15 ppg. I can’t think of any Bronco that played as hard as Kigab. He’s a special player and person that will be missed next year. Hopefully he can lead us to a win in the Dance. 

It is going to be a travesty that Maldanado will get 1st team over Kigab when Kigab is head and shoulders better....

@Bob

19 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is going to be a travesty that Maldanado will get 1st team over Kigab when Kigab is head and shoulders better....

@Bob

Maldonado is a fine player and every bit as deserving as Kigab to be on the all MWC team. Having said that Maldonado will make it and Kigab won’t. Kigab was the MVP on the best team in the MWC. 

24 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Maldonado is a fine player and every bit as deserving as Kigab to be on the all MWC team. Having said that Maldonado will make it and Kigab won’t. Kigab was the MVP on the best team in the MWC. 

I think it would be a testament to the team if none made the 1st team. There are more deserving "individual" players that deserve it more. The fact that they are the best team in the conference without that one individual talent is exactly what this team is about. 

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I think it would be a testament to the team if none made the 1st team. There are more deserving "individual" players that deserve it more. The fact that they are the best team in the conference without that one individual talent is exactly what this team is about. 

Way back in 2015, the CSU Women won the MWC regular season championship and none of the players were voted First Team All- Conference. Four of them were voted to the 2nd team.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:54 PM, SLCPoke said:

Nevada the last 2 min was horrendous. Bad shot selection and terrible boxing out. Alford has talent but they just don’t play fundamental basketball well. 

thats the story of this season.

Team didn't mesh. Nobody wanted to take charge.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

8 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Way back in 2015, the CSU Women won the MWC regular season championship and none of the players were voted First Team All- Conference. Four of them were voted to the 2nd team.

That's what I'm expecting. I'd assume they'll have 4 or 5 guys get, at least, honorable mention. 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That was disgusting. They tackled a couple kids too. Bad look. Poorly handled. Maybe if we don't go 34 years between outright championships they have it dialed in next time.