Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

SDSU at Boise State

Anyone going to break 50? This is going to be another wrestling match between two of the best defensive teams in the MWC. I think the first game was an anomaly with the Aztecs coming off a long bye.

Points will be tough to get inside so I think whomever shoots the three best is going to win. It’s almost a must win for the Aztecs to get an at large bid to the Dance. And after being embarrassed at Viejas the Aztecs will be highly motivated. 

Definitely don't think we will only see 79 total points scored again like the first game, although I would not be surprised if this one goes under the 119.5.

Both teams have really improved their offensive efficiency in the last 4-5 games so it will be interesting to see if that translates to a higher scoring game with more flow or both defenses amp it up and it turns into another grinder in the 40's or low 50's. Whatever happens, it is probably going to be close. Just about all BSU vs. SDSU games go down to the wire.

FWIW SDSU's had there 3 best offensive games when adjusted for opponent strength in each of the last 3 games. The SDSU/Fresno State was low scoring because of a crazy slow pace (55 possessions). I don't think this will be high scoring by any means but I think both teams should be around 60ish in this one.

From bartorvik image.png.f2fc4f8ce3ae59eb46362ba0e1b6fcef.png

On 2/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, kingpotato said:

I would guess that the entire MW (sans Boise) wants SDSU to win. A big resume builder for the tecs. Their Quad 1 record is the anchor on their resume. This would help.

Agree with this and Wyoming want's sole possession of first place.  

Wow officiating has been bad to say the least. 

4 fouls on boise while they reach the bonus with 7 mins to go in the half. 

Through 3 halves between this two Boise has shot 19 fts. Aztecs 5 all by mensah and arop.

This is why mw teams don't win in march.