Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogs4Me

Fire Hutson!

1st!

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

He'll have them up to play SDSU tonight

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Hut is basically a defensive coordinator. He's a Fisher/Dutch disciple and uses their same defense first philosophy.

Hut isn't a recruiter, I don't think he really brought any big gun recruits to UNLV. 

He should change up his coaching staff. Bring in someone to tune up the offense and recruiting, maybe call up his old buddy Tony Bland. The heats gotta be off him by now.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I like Hutson, but it might be time to test the waters for coaching talent.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Hutson is a good recruiter, but I’m not sold yet on his offensive schemes. Losing Baker for the season was a huge blow, but our offensive is always centered around Robinson, which teams have figured out. If he doesn’t get it together by next season, which is the last season on his contract, then I will start to really get impatient. 

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

On 2/21/2022 at 8:10 PM, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

Hutson is a good recruiter, but I’m not sold yet on his offensive schemes. Losing Baker for the season was a huge blow, but our offensive is always centered around Robinson, which teams have figured out. If he doesn’t get it together by next season, which is the last season on his contract, then I will start to really get impatient. 

The fact that he hasn’t gotten an extension basically means he’s finished.  Coaches can’t recruit with one year in their contract.

He has two years left on his contract after this season. He makes roughly $500k a year, and it's fully guaranteed.

Unless a booster comes up with $1M to buy him out, he's not going anywhere unless he commits a an offense that is termination worthy.

He's been grousing for an extension for two years, and now he's dangling the Jojo Hunter carrot in front of the admin "if you don't extend me, he may transfer."

At this point, that's a risk worth taking. 

Hutson was a done deal before the entire process even started because Joe Castro wanted him. Fresno State could have hired Dennis Gates who was Florida State's best recruiter...he is now at Cleveland State and has a historically bad team rolling. He was a "finalist," but they went with Hut. We also could have had Dan Monson from LBSU, but he didn't even get an interview.

Fresno State's admin just doesn't get the money that could be made if you got an exciting brand of basketball in the SMC. Our best attendance since Hut got here was 8,000 or so when Boise came to town...there were actually 4,000 bodies that came through the turn stiles. People don't show because the basketball is terrible to watch...just like Rodney Terry's brand of basketball...hell Rodney's was more entertaining and that's not saying much.