Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Spotify is overwhelmed

On 1/29/2022 at 10:58 AM, modestobulldog said:

Spotify is better off getting Neil Young's misogynistic music off the platform.

JFC

Young is an environmentalist[204] and outspoken advocate for the welfare of small farmers, having co-founded in 1985 the benefit concert Farm Aid. He worked on LincVolt, the conversion of his 1959 Lincoln Continental to hybrid electric technology as an environmentalist statement.[205][206] In 1986, Young helped found The Bridge School,[207] an educational organization for children with severe verbal and physical disabilities, and its annual supporting Bridge School Benefit concerts, together with his former wife Pegi Young.[208]

Young is a member of the Canadian charity Artists Against Racism.[209]

Screen-Shot-2022-01-25-at-8.25.02-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-01-25-at-8.57.00-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-01-27-at-8.38.48-AM.png

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/29/2022 at 9:42 AM, modestobulldog said:

For Neil Young and his ilk, it is.  

I would assume in his contract he can pull his intellectual property from the platform for any reason. It's his peragotive and his property. He can do with it as he sees fit. It's not censorship. If you don't like it vote with your wallet and sign up for Spotify.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, modestobulldog said:

I agree with that, but phuck that arrogance.

The arrogance of not liking Joe Rogan? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/29/2022 at 11:14 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

JFC

Young is an environmentalist[204] and outspoken advocate for the welfare of small farmers, having co-founded in 1985 the benefit concert Farm Aid. He worked on LincVolt, the conversion of his 1959 Lincoln Continental to hybrid electric technology as an environmentalist statement.[205][206] In 1986, Young helped found The Bridge School,[207] an educational organization for children with severe verbal and physical disabilities, and its annual supporting Bridge School Benefit concerts, together with his former wife Pegi Young.[208]

Young is a member of the Canadian charity Artists Against Racism.[209]

You didn't listen to the song did you?

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 6:34 PM, toonkee said:

Free speech for Rogan but not Neil. That's your position. 

That is a stupid comment, both can and should coexist on any and all pertinent platforms.  I haven't deleted Neil from my YouTube Music account.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 6:49 PM, modestobulldog said:

That is a stupid comment, both can and should coexist on any and all pertinent platforms.  I haven't deleted Neil from my YouTube Music account.

Neil didn't do a gd thing to Joe Rogan. He removed his music because he doesn't want his speech affiliated with Rogan. You are not the decider of who has to coexist together. Jfc.

On 1/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh no! What am I going to do without my Joni Mitchell music. Talk about an artist going out on a limb and taking a risk. 

I feel like many musicians do whatever if takes to get their name in the news because all publicity is good publicity and leads to more name recognition and record sales.

Neil Young was #782 most streamed artist on Spotify and Joni Mitchell wasn’t in top 1000. I’d doubt she was even in top 10,000 if I had to guess.

https://chartmasters.org/most-streamed-artists-ever-on-spotify/

On 1/29/2022 at 8:23 PM, toonkee said:

Neil didn't do a gd thing to Joe Rogan. He removed his music because he doesn't want his speech affiliated with Rogan. You are not the decided of who has to coexists together. Jfc.

He issued at ultimatum to Spotify, and lost.  Good for him.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 1/29/2022 at 8:23 PM, toonkee said:

Neil didn't do a gd thing to Joe Rogan. He removed his music because he doesn't want his speech affiliated with Rogan. You are not the decided of who has to coexists together. Jfc.

Neil young doesn’t have the power to censor, but he wishes he could. Hey hey, my my.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/29/2022 at 8:28 PM, modestobulldog said:

No, trying to get him deplatformed.

How is it arrogant to not want to share a stage with him?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.