Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Proof: Trump Is Done

I don’t know what it is about you guys that think Trump is still the lead guy in the GOP. I’ve been telling you for about 10 months or so that he’s completely and permanently damaged goods.

Approval numbers just mean people like him, but not necessarily that they want him to run again. Polls where they ask both are telling. But the important question is if voters want him to run again. 

In a new poll, only 29% want Trump to run again. Trump loses by 11 to Biden in a head to head today. And we all know how low Biden is in the polls. That’s like asking if you prefer dog shit or cat shit. Shit is shit.

DeSantis is a geeky unlikable dork that sounds like he’s whining 24/7 with his annoying irky sounding voice. He just gets attention because Florida is a big state and he done well in some areas. The media have helped to create a guy they don’t like. 

As I’ve said a million times, Nicki Haley is positioning herself perfectly to run away with the nomination. She’s not in office so she doesn’t get much attention right now, but in a year she’ll be front and center selling that she has many of the good positions that Trump has had, not the bad, and she’s not Trump the person. Basically all good without the bad.

She was also very critical of Trump when he screwed up, so she can’t get painted as a Trump shill or ass kisser. Trump also likes her a lot despite being critical of him which is unheard of. Trump lovers also like her. 

So she can get the base support Trump gets but also get the votes Trump couldn’t such as the women’s vote, indy’s, the never-Trumpers and even many conservative-mod Dems. Some of the right wingers won’t want her, but they’ll vote for her in the general. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591590-biden-leading-trump-desantis-by-similar-margins-in-new-poll

kat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I don’t know what it is about you guys that think Trump is still the lead guy in the GOP. I’ve been telling you for about 10 months or so that he’s completely and permanently damaged goods.

Approval numbers just mean people like him, but not necessarily that they want him to run again. Polls where they ask both are telling. But the important question is if voters want him to run again. 

In a new poll, only 29% want Trump to run again. Trump loses by 11 to Biden in a head to head today. And we all know how low Biden is in the polls. That’s like asking if you prefer dog shit or cat shit. Shit is shit.

DeSantis is a geeky unlikable dork that sounds like he’s whining 24/7 with his annoying irky sounding voice. He just gets attention because Florida is a big state and he done well in some areas. The media have helped to create a guy they don’t like. 

As I’ve said a million times, Nicki Haley is positioning herself perfectly to run away with the nomination. She’s not in office so she doesn’t get much attention right now, but in a year she’ll be front and center selling that she has many of the good positions that Trump has had, not the bad, and she’s not Trump the person. Basically all good without the bad.

She was also very critical of Trump when he screwed up, so she can’t get painted as a Trump shill or ass kisser. Trump also likes her a lot despite being critical of him which is unheard of. Trump lovers also like her. 

So she can get the base support Trump gets but also get the votes Trump couldn’t such as the women’s vote, indy’s, the never-Trumpers and even many conservative-mod Dems. Some of the right wingers won’t want her, but they’ll vote for her in the general. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591590-biden-leading-trump-desantis-by-similar-margins-in-new-poll

Of it were her vs trump in the late stages of a primary, I'd take her. Even though she has way too much neocon and Bush type tendencies for me. I could see her winning a lot of the mid Atlantic and Midwest in the primary. Texas? Arizona?

1 minute ago, scounty said:

Of it were her vs trump in the late stages of a primary, I'd take her. Even though she has way too much neocon and Bush type tendencies for me. I could see her winning a lot of the mid Atlantic and Midwest in the primary. Texas? Arizona?

I totally disagree with the neocon and Bush tendencies. She’s actually pretty moderate in many ways. She was the one that got rid of the confederate flag in South Carolina when she was governor, for example. 

kat.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I totally disagree with the neocon and Bush tendencies. She’s actually pretty moderate in many ways. She was the one that got rid of the confederate flag in South Carolina when she was governor, for example. 

I'd hope her necon or not, status would be well vetted in a primary. Think she'd be at the top of the list with a couple others for the absolute worst candidate for Dems to run against. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I don't think he will win either but the lefties are still terrified of him. 

I know very liberal people who are convinced he will be the next president. I do not see him winning a general election. WAY too much baggage. 

I think Trump loses if he runs again. But I think it’s pretty uncontroversial to say there are definitely more indications he is going to run again than not. 

32 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

She was critical of Trump for the 15 minutes, until it became clear Trump wasn’t going away. By February she was already trying to get a meeting with Trump at Mar Lago to kiss the ring, and was snubbed.

She has no chance at winning a primary. 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I don't think he will win either but the lefties are still terrified of him. 

I know very liberal people who are convinced he will be the next president. I do not see him winning a general election. WAY too much baggage. 

I don't believe anyone from the democrat party that is scared he'll run. Biden sat in a walled off house and let the media run his campaign and still won. Trump has no appeal to anyone that votes but doesn't follow politics closely like us on this board. There's millions of them. My sister is a prime example. Gets her news from social media, doesn't care for politics but votes in every election. Votes on personality a lot, which she is not alone. She voted Biden for a lot of what you would allude to in "baggage".

She would vote for Hailey over any democrat, I'd guess. First female prez? Don't mind if we do if that's who gets the ticket.

Rand Paul has a good chance. He was right about the NIH funding gain of function. He was also right about cloth masks being useless.

He has been right about COVID even when the NIH and Fauci have been adamant that he was an idiot.

The groundswell around him is tremendous and will be greater still once COVID actions are being investigated in retrospect.

2 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Rand Paul has a good chance. He was right about the NIH funding gain of function. He was also right about cloth masks being useless.

He has been right about COVID even when the NIH and Fauci have been adamant that he was an idiot.

The groundswell around him is tremendous and will be greater still once COVID actions are being investigated in retrospect.

He's been right on those issues, but in the entirety of it, it's a non starter for him nationally. Simply doesn't have the personality for it, imo. And I like him a lot.

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Its a long way to go. Going into 2016 It was assumed Jeb Bush was going to be the nominee. A lot can happen. 

OK.. I agree.. Convert was just using the 29% as the reason why trump won't be the nominee. I don't know if he will or won't but 29 % of people wanting him to run is nor a reason he won't win. 

6 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

She was critical of Trump for the 15 minutes, until it became clear Trump wasn’t going away. By February she was already trying to get a meeting with Trump at Mar Lago to kiss the ring, and was snubbed.

She has no chance at winning a primary. 

You have no idea what you’re talking about. She ripped on him all the way through his term and after, and if you knew any of that you’d know that she’s her own person with her own beliefs. Her meeting with Trump was shrewd politics. She has to thread the needle carefully  with Trump and Trump supporters. She’s not perfect for sure, but she’s pretty damn good for a politician. 

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, tspoke said:

OK.. I agree.. Convert was just using the 29% as the reason why trump won't be the nominee. I don't know if he will or won't but 29 % of people wanting him to run is nor a reason he won't win. 

If the GOP ran their primaries like the Dems, it would be much less of a sure thing. But, they don’t, it’s winner take all. Trump doesn’t have to do anything but get the most votes; whether it’s 55% or 30% 

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about. She ripped on him all the way through his term and after, and if you knew any of that you’d know that she’s her own person with her own beliefs. Her meeting with Trump was shrewd politics. She has to thread the needle carefully  with Trump and Trump supporters. She’s not perfect for sure, but she’s pretty damn good for a politician. 

She has absolutely no chance at the primary. Zero.

9 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I was using it for the general because it was a poll with general voters. But there are polls on just the GOP, and they’re also bad for him. The GOP like the Dems want someone that can win a general. I was implying that voters seeing that Trump has no chance in the general will impact primary voting a lot.

Sure die hard Trumpers will stick with him. But those numbers are shrinking. Remember, the Q people, the Jan 6 people and the Proud Kids, Oath Breakers, etc. all HATE Trump now. His crazy base has shrunk. 

The scary thing for Trump is that the economy is working in his favor, i.e. if Trump had not had the sharp decline in his last 6 months in office or after, and the only bad things on memory were dumb tweets, a lot of people would be willing to forget about that so he could come back and get the economy good again. If the economy were really good now, that 29% might be 19%. 

kat.jpg