Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Fox News finds another CRISIS

2 hours ago, alum93 said:

Murdoch knows what he is doing.  This story makes perfect sense considering the audience they are talking to.  

All old people, right? I don't watch it. 

Maybe I spend too much time watching Rogan. That unabashed right winger.

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

Anyone who spends any time watching Rogan is wasting their precious time.  

He has a large, widespread catalog. Snowden has over 40 million views. 

If you'd like some suggestions, for your first full episodes I can link you to Bob Lazar, which is wild, or the Navy fighter squadron pilot talking about unknown aircraft they encountered over the Pacific.

I get that he has become the corporate press Boogeyman. 

https://youtu.be/Eco2s3-0zsQ.

17 minutes ago, scounty said:

If you'd like some suggestions, for your first full episodes I can link you to Bob Lazar, which is wild, or the Navy fighter squadron pilot talking about unknown aircraft they encountered over the Pacific.

When it comes to Bob Lazar, Rogan ain't got shit on Art Bell.

Edit: Also, he's not a corporate press boogeyman. That's just what the right wing press wants people to believe. Most people who know Rogan's deal know him for what he is. A pretty curious but dense dude who likes to condescend but also can be open minded at times, who enjoys bringing wing nuts and good comedians onto his show to have longform conversations. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes it's dumb.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, scounty said:

Rush told us all what the deal was like long, long ago. Brittany Spears is better known than Bonnie Raitt.  

Joe Rogan, FFS.  I don’t need the corporate press to get his shtick.  

4 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Rush told us all what the deal was like long, long ago. Brittany Spears is better known than Bonnie Raitt.  

Joe Rogan, FFS.  I don’t need the corporate press to get his shtick.  

I triple dog dare you to watch that YouTube video, or a good portion of it. I'm interested in your opinion of the subject material.

39 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

When it comes to Bob Lazar, Rogan ain't got shit on Art Bell.

Edit: Also, he's not a corporate press boogeyman. That's just what the right wing press wants people to believe. Most people who know Rogan's deal know him for what he is. A pretty curious but dense dude who likes to condescend but also can be open minded at times, who enjoys bringing wing nuts and good comedians onto his show to have longform conversations. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes it's dumb.

Haha, Art Bell. Coast to Coast was so damn entertaining. Extraterrestrials, ghosts, yeti's, and govt conspiracies. I remember an episode where one guest was talking about all the gold he could extract from seawater. 

Funny story. Alex Jones in his radio infancy actually posited himself a dollar store knock off Art Bell. He actually landed a role in a Richard Linkletter film as a crazy am radio host because of his outlandishness. I guess he actually foretold the future by playing a caricature of his future self. Art Bell could have actually done a story on that.

And yeah, I just wish Rogan had at least a modicum of self awareness as opposed to ego.

15 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Ronda Rousey is a top 25 male bantam weight — Joe Rogan.  That’s when I knew. He’s a grifter. Like Candace. Like others.

Nobody ever accused him of being an Oxford scholar. His guests on his show though, some are incredibly legit. I linked one for you a few posts up!

Also....

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/joe-rogan-finally-admits-absolutely-ludicrous-claim-ronda-rousey-wrong-113254

15 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Ronda Rousey is a top 25 male bantam weight — Joe Rogan.  That’s when I knew. He’s a grifter. Like Candace. Like others.

Yeah unfortunately, because it was a curious if promising start when he wasn't inflated by so much ego. I knew after he had Alex Jones on after his disgusting Sandy Hook conspiracy remarks and completely let him off the hook. I kinda wish he was also held liable in the defamation suit.