Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Colorado St

UNLV logo    Stanford University Logo

DATE: Friday, January 28
TIME: 7 p.m. MT / 6 p.m. PT
SITE: Moby Arena (8,745), Fort Collins, Colorado
TV: FS1 (Dan Hellie, Casey Jacobsen)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry, sideline: Steve Cofield)
AUDIO: UNLV Rebels App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com  

Colorado State Sports Network Play-by-Play: Brian Roth Color Analyst: Adam Nigon Flagship: Power 102.9 FM (Fort Collins) Affiliates: 16 Across the state, including KQKS 98.1 FM / 107.5-3 HD (Denver) Varsity Network App/CSURams.com

UNLV leads the all-time series 41-19, UNLV leads the series 30-18 as MWC opponents 

UNLV is 11-10 all-time at CSU

The Rams 10-0 at home this season

UNLV lost the two games played last year at Moby Arena: 74-71 on Jan. 7, 2021 and 83-80 on Jan. 9, 2021

The Rams have won nine of the last 10 games against UNLV overall and five of the last six in Fort Collins

Against current Mountain West Conference teams, head coach Niko Medved is 39-27 overall (23-8 in Moby Arena), with a 39-26 record while at CSU

The 2021-22 season marks the 117th in the history of the Colorado State men’s basketball program. The Rams are 1,318- 1,293 (.505) in 2,611 games all-time

The 2021-22 season marks the 64th year of Runnin’ Rebel basketball at UNLV. Since the program’s inception in 1958-59, the Runnin’ Rebels have posted an all-time record of 1,328-606 (.687)

Colorado State is receiving votes in the Associated Press poll and is ranked No. 22 by the coaches

The Rams have won five games in a row after losing their only conference game of the season at San Diego State

Three Rams are averaging double figures in scoring: David Roddy (18.6 ppg), Isaiah Stevens (15.1 ppg) and John Tonje (10.6 ppg). Roddy also leads the team in rebounding (7.9 rpg), while Stevens is the assist leader (5.2 apg)

Over the last three games, UNLV senior guard Bryce Hamilton is averaging 28.3 ppg and 7.3 rpg, while shooting 50.9 percent from the field and 47.1 percent from 3-point range

Bryce Hamilton has scored 1,471 points during his college career, which currently ranks 15th in UNLV history. Hamilton recently passed J.R. Rider, who scored 1,372 career points in a UNLV uniform. Larry Johnson is 14th with 1,617

CSU is outscoring opponents by an average of 7.8 points per game in the second half, including six games with 50 or more in the final 20 minutes

The three biggest comebacks for wins in CSU program history have come in the past three-plus years under head coach Niko Medved

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,149 games played

UNLV Rebels Misc Logo - NCAA Division I (u-z) (NCAA u-z) - Chris Creamer's  Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

That would be huuuge!  He is down to his final 8 cut list with UNLV one of those 8 and to get him for an official visit is good news for the Rebs.  It's a tough list of schools to compete with but if anyone needs a good point guard it's the Rebels.  Good luck!

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

2 hours ago, SpaceForced said:

UNLV will win 2-3 games the rest of the season.  This isn't one of them.

D. Williams out with a knee injury?  That leaves just B. Hamilton to score.  This is going to be ugly.  CSU wins by +20.

3 would really surprise me.  Likely under dogs here on out.  They have struggled for years.  I honestly think the MW is too much for their program.   Belong in wac or big west.  

On 1/27/2022 at 10:18 PM, soupslam1 said:

Enjoy your special night. I’ll be looking for you. 

Thanks so much. I’ll be on the floor for the National Anthem and then we are honored at halftime. Also on the floor post-game with the players. I doubt FS1 will televise any of it.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:52 PM, slappy said:

3 would really surprise me.  Likely under dogs here on out.  They have struggled for years.  I honestly think the MW is too much for their program.   Belong in wac or big west.  

Ha, how many years did you suck before you found the right coach?

Don't ever change, slappy. You're our biggest fan.

Wounded UNLV basketball heading to Colorado State

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/jan/28/wounded-unlv-basketball-heading-to-colorado-state/

While the UNLV basketball team practiced on Wednesday, junior swingman Donovan William remained at the far corner of the Mendenhall Center, observing while riding an exercise bicycle.

Junior guard Josh Baker participated in some non-contact drills, but mostly watched from the sidelines.

Senior center Royce Hamm was absent entirely.

Those players represent 60% of UNLV’s starting lineup

On 1/28/2022 at 1:07 PM, ph90702 said:

This is why you play your bench in non-conference play.

Doug Gottlieb has been somewhat critical of Niko Medved playing 10 players in his rotation. Gottlieb thought it was too many and thought he should cut the rotation to 8. Then last Tuesday rolls around and CSU was missing a starter (Adam Thistlewood) and a key sub (3rd leading scorer John Tonje). But CSU hardly missed a beat as players 9 and 10 (James Moors, Isaiah Rivera) were able to step in and play additional minutes. I dont think the Rams would have been as successful if Moors and Rivera had been completely buried on the bench and reduced to garbage time minutes.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, quickdraw said:

The game wouldn’t have been much in doubt with a full roster. Time to make lemonade. Everyone has a chance for serious minutes tonight. We’ll see if there is a star waiting to be born. 

That's about the only upside for UNLV tonight - Lot of bench guys should get minutes and some game time experience