Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Teach Us

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

There's ZERO reason for UNLV to ever be worse than 5th in the MW!

There are myriad reasons why UNLV is in this position and may continue to be if a sense of entitlement permeates the basketball program and its fan base. 

And for the record, the same thing may happen to Boise State in football.  Some feel it already has. Boise has continued to have a winning record and win the conference every 2-3years but the weight of expectation to be nationally prominent again is an anchor.

4 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Everyone has that person in their life that insists they’re right and everyone else is wrong. That’s UNLV fans insisting they’re better than the rest of us despite zero to back up those claims after their natty nearly 30 years ago. 

The Natty was nearly 32 years ago.

34 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Uhm, USU is located in one on of the most scenic locals in the inter-mountain West...

image.jpeg

I'm cutting you off from dick pics. You've been a bad boy. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I have no desire to visit.  Utah State is where the Mormons who couldn't get into BYU go.

LOL. When you steal your sick burns from BYU fans you are really reaching and unoriginal. Congrats on stooping to that level. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

18 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Quit football, go back to the Big West and hire Mark Few. Problem solved.

The Vegas big wigs - whoever's left of them - might sign off on it.  They'll even get several Big Monday slots on ESPN once again.  Tark would be smiling from the heavens, I promise you that.

4 hours ago, Spot50B said:

There are myriad reasons why UNLV is in this position and may continue to be if a sense of entitlement permeates the basketball program and its fan base. 

And for the record, the same thing may happen to Boise State in football.  Some feel it already has. Boise has continued to have a winning record and win the conference every 2-3years but the weight of expectation to be nationally prominent again is an anchor.

Sadly I agree.  

Kruger had a rock-solid program here.  We were winning, nationally relevant, and competed in a much, much stronger MWC and made the NCAA's nearly every year after his first 2 unimpressive years (this is key).   Not enough for many, which is laughable when you think about where we are today.

Then, as bad as Rice was, jumping the gun and canning him mid-year didn't look good.  Although it was obvious he was destroying the program, that is UNLV's fault for trying to save a penny and hiring him in the first place.  Marv, unimpressive as he was, only got 2 years even after he improved from his first year.  Point is, recycling through coaches and programs every other year is probably not gonna work, and letting go of a coach like Kruger Sr. was stupid when it happened, and looked even more idiotic every day and every NCAA win he got at Oklahoma.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

24 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Sadly I agree.  

Kruger had a rock-solid program here.  We were winning, nationally relevant, and competed in a much, much stronger MWC and made the NCAA's nearly every year after his first 2 unimpressive years (this is key).   Not enough for many, which is laughable when you think about where we are today.

Then, as bad as Rice was, jumping the gun and canning him mid-year didn't look good.  Although it was obvious he was destroying the program, that is UNLV's fault for trying to save a penny and hiring him in the first place.  Marv, unimpressive as he was, only got 2 years even after he improved from his first year.  Point is, recycling through coaches and programs every other year is probably not gonna work, and letting go of a coach like Kruger Sr. was stupid when it happened, and looked even more idiotic every day and every NCAA win he got at Oklahoma.

Dave Rice was recruiting much better talent and wanted to take the program to the next level.  At least he wanted to be a national program.  Kruger was content with being good in the MW and then losing in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament.

26 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Dave Rice was recruiting much better talent and wanted to take the program to the next level.  At least he wanted to be a national program.  Kruger was content with being good in the MW and then losing in the 1st or 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament.

He wanted to.  But he fell a bit short on that, didn't he, champ?

Kruger with his "small time" players did far more than Rice while at the same time left the program in far better shape. Your response goes back to the unrealistic expectations that contributed to his departure.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

One coach had results and one wanted results and you still can't appreciate the coach who had results.  Wow.  

What did all of Dave Rices great recruits get UNLV?  

51 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

One coach had results and one wanted results and you still can't appreciate the coach who had results.  Wow.  

What did all of Dave Rices great recruits get UNLV?  

An exhibition loss to Dixie State?

On 1/27/2022 at 5:54 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

He wanted to.  But he fell a bit short on that, didn't he, champ?

Kruger with his "small time" players did far more than Rice while at the same time left the program in far better shape. Your response goes back to the unrealistic expectations that contributed to his departure.

LOSERS are okay with winning one game and then being embarrassed by Kansas.  He couldn’t even beat Northern Iowa.

Kruger lacked the vision to make UNLV a national power.  He refused to recruit.

Dave Rice didn’t win enough, but he made the effort to recruit well enough so that we wouldn’t lose to teams because we were outclassed talent wise.

Also, your personal attacks against him are completely inappropriate.  You can say that he wasn’t a good coach without calling him names.

How would you like it if I called you a loser for still being in school in your 40s?  What are you even studying?  Women studies?

On 1/28/2022 at 5:49 AM, ph90702 said:

LOSERS are okay with winning one game and then being embarrassed by Kansas.  He couldn’t even beat Northern Iowa.

Kruger lacked the vision to make UNLV a national power.  He refused to recruit.

Dave Rice didn’t win enough, but he made the effort to recruit well enough so that we wouldn’t lose to teams because we were outclassed talent wise.

Also, your personal attacks against him are completely inappropriate.  You can say that he wasn’t a good coach without calling him names.

How would you like it if I called you a loser for still being in school in your 40s?  What are you even studying?  Women studies?

I spent my 20's and 30's traveling around the world, champ.  No regrets.  

And if someone wants to call me a loser, go ahead.  I'm a big boy and won't let it hurt my fee fee's.  Quelish and others have called me worse on this board.

Someone making millions of dollars and in the public eye will probably have enough backbone to take some random insignificant fan (me) calling him a dweeb, otherwise he is probably in the wrong profession.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/28/2022 at 7:45 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

I spent my 20's and 30's traveling around the world, champ.  No regrets.  

And if someone wants to call me a loser, go ahead.  I'm a big boy and won't let it hurt my fee fee's.  Quelish and others have called me worse on this board.

Someone making millions of dollars and in the public eye will probably have enough backbone to take some random insignificant fan (me) calling him a dweeb, otherwise he is probably in the wrong profession.

You're probably one of those who advocates for UBI and other things because you were too worthless to go to school.  What you said is code for realizing that you actually have to get a job one day.

You can call him what you want, but don't be mad when other people do it to you as well.

If I purchased this site (glad I didn't as JeffKills is losing a shitload of money), you would've been banned on day one!