Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

The City of San Jose is racist, sexist and transphobic

On 1/28/2022 at 2:49 PM, utenation said:

At least in the military, they have some supervision, training and rules.  I would hope most people on either team can agree, complete morons in our streets shouldn't have access to deadly weapons with some cash, simple background check and a handshake. 

Rights based on perceived intelligence from test results? 

Hmmmmm

image.jpeg  

On 1/28/2022 at 3:45 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Rights based on perceived intelligence from test results? 

Hmmmmm

image.jpeg  

My idea will never happen. But Jim Crow laws were based on racial segregation without specific tests to show intelligence. 

My idea involved a test without caring about race.. And before we go down a big rabbit hole.. Again, my idea will never happen. Current gun laws and any changes in the future will not please everyone.

I'm not against people having guns btw. I own many.  

On 1/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, utenation said:

My idea will never happen. But Jim Crow laws were based on racial segregation without specific tests to show intelligence. 

My idea involved a test.. And before we go down a big rabbit hole.. Again, my idea will never happen. Current gun laws and any changes in the future will not please everyone.

I'm not against people having guns btw. I own many.  

I was referencing the voting literacy tests of the Jim Crow South.  

On 1/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I was referencing the voting literacy tests of the Jim Crow South.  

Every citizen should have the right to vote. Voting doesn't directly kill anyone.  Anything that could kill or severely injure others should have tighter requirements, IMO.  But like I said, this would be a huge rabbit hole. For example, your house is getting robbed with deadly potential and you are a dummy, I still think that person has the right to defend themselves. 

My idea doesn't solve the problems of multi variables. 

On 1/26/2022 at 10:47 AM, Orygun said:

I never said it’s the law of the land.  I was expressing a policy opinion. My status as a lawyer doesn’t need to be dragged into every conversation. I’m very clear that you’re intimidated by my education.  You needn’t belabor that point.  

Holy Crap! You’re supposedly an attorney? I don’t believe it for one second, but just for fun, I’ll pretend you are. So you think some here are intimidated by your education that you think is special?

When your special education teacher told you that you were in special education, she just meant that it was unique to deal with your learning challenges. She didn’t mean for it to go to your head and assume everyone thinks you’re a mental bad ass.

If you’re some sort of prodigy, it would have to be a prodigy of being able to beautifully overcompensate for your deep insecurities. You’re the best. I have lots of good lawyer jokes. By the way, my cat was in a car collision and she’s not too badly injured. But she does need a personal injury attorney. I’ll PM you. 

kat.jpg

On 1/26/2022 at 11:19 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

This actually won't do that.  The article quoted the mayor that there will be no guns taken or charges filed if you don't pay.  It's just a feel-good thing, and only people who for whatever reason choose to pay are affected.

I think Chicago passed a similiar measure about paying a fee or what not on gun owners and I think their state Supreme Court struck it down.  More to do with the wording than anything else about where the fees were going. I think Chicago is re-writing it and giving it another go

On 1/26/2022 at 12:14 PM, UNLV2001 said:

The NRA loves you Sir !!!! :USFlag:

No one should leave the house with looking like, because you never know when a grandma might cut you off in traffic & you have to DEFEND YOURSELF !!! 

Armed militias increasingly joining protests

I wouldn't that is a horrible hat

On 1/26/2022 at 12:28 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Have to think there's a market out there for gun shaped dildo's - bet they would fly off the shelves among the gun fetish crowd - Think of the Double Barreled Dildo's that could be sold !

There are already those out there, however can we change the name of Idaho from Idaho to the foam finger state?

On 1/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh brother. Constitutional rights are absolute. But those absolute rights do apply to a reasonable scope of parameters.

For better or worse, our Constitutional rights are whatever the Supreme Court interprets them to be. 

On 1/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, Nevada Convert said:

The Supreme Court decides where the edges of the boundaries are, and not everyone will be happy with their decisions. 

No. The constitution says what the Supreme Court says it does. 

On 1/28/2022 at 4:25 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh brother. Constitutional rights are absolute. But those absolute rights do apply to a reasonable scope of parameters.

That's a nice attempt at a tap dance.  Bravo.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I remember the great philosopher George Carlin say

"Rights aren't rights if someone can take them away, they are privileges."

And as we have seen from the past, courts and governments can and will take these rights away from people.

The constitution is a living document, it will be changed and just like anything else depending on who is reading something or how they read it, the interpretation will be different for different people.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:48 PM, wolfpack1 said:

@soupslam1 I mean if you look at it, Idaho does look like one of those foam fingers you buy at the ballpark. You know just like Florida looks like a certain body part as well.

Mrs Florida is totally walking funny.  

Older article, but the shootings are a crazy person problem, not a gun problem. 

https://nypost.com/2021/04/18/fedex-mass-shooter-was-obsessed-with-my-little-pony-report/amp/

“I hope that I can be with Ap­ple­jack in the af­ter­life, my life has no mean­ing with­out her,” Hole wrote on his Facebook page at 10:19 p.m. Thursday, less than an hour before his rampage began, the outlet reported.