Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

The City of San Jose is racist, sexist and transphobic

5 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

With modern medical advancements, surgically implant the gun in the womb & the baby can protect itself from any attempt to abort !! 

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

In all seriousness, I think I've come to the realization that since the gun thing was made to be so fundamental in our constitution (which could be changed and I wouldn't be opposed to that on principle), that it shouldn't cost extra. Neither should voting. Any voting ID better the hell be paid for by the state, too.

I would also have free safety courses and income-based discounts on locks and safes.  And I also agree on the ID's if they tie it to voting.

22 minutes ago, toonkee said:

In all seriousness, I think I've come to the realization that since the gun thing was made to be so fundamental in our constitution (which could be changed and I wouldn't be opposed to that on principle), that it shouldn't cost extra. Neither should voting. Any voting ID better the hell be paid for by the state, too.

For gun law changes, I'd add a 10 minute IQ test with minimum passing score.. I wonder what the fallout would be.....

4 minutes ago, utenation said:

For gun law changes, I'd add a 10 minute IQ test with minimum passing score.. I wonder what the fallout would be.....

Well, for starters, you wouldn't get one.

I kid, that's for all the grief you give UNLV fans.

12 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

States do this all the time, and they are within their rights to do so

You are required by law to wear clothes outside

Several states and municipalities have mandated a vaccine 

You can't walk down a public sidewalk and take a piss in the street. 

Wearing clothes and pissing in the street is not about bodily autonomy. Vaccine mandates are, though. And yet, conservatives seem to care deeply about the state intervening in those instances. So much so that any full state mandate, that everyone get a vaccine, would be deemed unconstitutional. 

12 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

The point I was making sailed way over your head , and you do not even know what you are responding too. 

The right to gun ownership, freedom of religion, Due process, the right against self incrimination etc are all explicit rights , that are specifically mentioned. 

The constitution left open a process to make new explicit rights and we have done this several times. The right for women to vote is an example, 

There is no explicit right to abortion, or privacy, they are implicit rights that a court created. 

No it didn't sail over my head. I'm being dismissive of the distinction in this case. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

12 minutes ago, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Is there a reason why everyone is hating on California?

Bro, do you even MWCBoard?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Really I could pack heat if I wanted to but I don't even though I own firearms. I am not afraid and I know the scenario of a shootout is slim. I am neither an open carry nor concealed carry guy.

That doesn't mean that I would give away my right to arm myself should that situation change. It's better to have the right to guns and not need it than to need the right to guns but not have it.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:30 PM, CPslograd said:

This thread is jive Turkey.

no offense Toonkee, no indictment of you, it just went off the rails.

I glanced through, saw phucktard, pilots license, abortion, and have nothing to add to this mosh pit

None taken. That's pretty much what I was going for.

Hank Hill Lol GIF

On 1/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, soupslam1 said:

During the draft you would have eliminated half our military. 

At least in the military, they have some supervision, training and rules.  I would hope most people on either team can agree, complete morons in our streets shouldn't have access to deadly weapons with some cash, simple background check and a handshake. 

On 1/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, RSF said:

“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment right is not unlimited…. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

- Antonin Scalia

Damn! That’s a thread ender right there. 😂😂😂

What does this have anything to do with what we’re talking about? So a convicted felon can’t possess a sawed off shotgun stuffed down his pants concealed. I had no idea there were gun limitations! LOL!

This law pretty much takes away guns completely from poor that couldn’t afford the added costs all while violating the 2nd Amendment.

kat.jpg

On 1/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, Nevada Convert said:

What does this have anything to do with what we’re talking about?

If you had bothered to read what I was responding to, you'd know.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.