Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Virginia's Republican governor, is launching a tip line for parents to report their kids' teachers

It's the Nazis and Stasi all over again so that White GQPers don't get their feelings hurt.

https://www.businessinsider.com/glenn-youngkin-launches-tipline-report-teachers-2022-1

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

6 minutes ago, Orygun said:

Between this and $10k bounties in Texas, I have no clue how republicans don’t see their party as a full authoritarian.  

They believe they are saving AmeriKKKa

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You’d get reported

And he'd still get work. DO you know how hard it is to find decent subs?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I'll just leave this hear for all of you to consider in the context of this thread.

In the roundtable, Youngkin said he laid out his day one plan, which would include comprehensively funding law enforcement with increased salaries, equipment budgets and training.

He also said he wants to make sure his administration protects qualified immunity, protecting law enforcement from what he calls ‘frivolous civil lawsuits’.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/chesterfield-county/governor-elect-glenn-youngkin-meets-with-local-law-enforcement-discussing-challenges-solutions/

@halfmanhalfbronco @sean327

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, soupslam1 said:

You’d get reported

That would sort of be the point :).  

But seriously, it's not a teacher's job to tell students what to think on political matters.  The job (in history, government, economics, literature, science, etc.) is to give information and constructs to think about the issues, events, and policies.  That said, there are consensus views that will be reinforced: racial equality, respect for the physical or mentally challenged, support for democratic norms, and others. 

Articles behind the paywall, but it sounds like it's a fantastic thing. If was nothing is amiss, the investigation will reveal that and teachers will be fine. We need more exposure and accountability, not less.

110926run_defense710.jpg

49 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'll just leave this hear for all of you to consider in the context of this thread.

In the roundtable, Youngkin said he laid out his day one plan, which would include comprehensively funding law enforcement with increased salaries, equipment budgets and training.

He also said he wants to make sure his administration protects qualified immunity, protecting law enforcement from what he calls ‘frivolous civil lawsuits’.

https://www.wric.com/news/local-news/chesterfield-county/governor-elect-glenn-youngkin-meets-with-local-law-enforcement-discussing-challenges-solutions/

@halfmanhalfbronco @sean327

Got a lot going on so I've been and will be scarce, but +++++ Youngkin.

44 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Articles behind the paywall, but it sounds like it's a fantastic thing. If was nothing is amiss, the investigation will reveal that and teachers will be fine. We need more exposure and accountability, not less.

It's chasing a boogeyman and the intent is to promote whitewashing.  To your last sentence, do you disagree with his stance of protecting qualified immunity which is the opposite of "more exposure and accountability"?  The governor has made it clear that his goals are not accountability, it's about suppressing what he and his don't like.

7 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

And what, pray tell, was amiss? 

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

And what, pray tell, was amiss? 

Kids were learning 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Youngkin doing his best to prove moderate Republicans no longer exist.  

Moderate politicians in general are a dying breed. 30 years ago  it was politically beneficial for a politician to govern from the middle , but not in any more with todays outraged fueled shitshow that is politics. 

30 years ago Idaho elected Cecil Andrus   s Democrat. He’s be called an eco communist today 

The "woke people are doing cancel culture by banning me from twitter!" hysterics are hilarious.

Any person with a functioning brain can see that the most fundamental threat to democracy and free speech is from the right. And it's not even close.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

10 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

So are you ok with warrantless searches? I mean if there is nothing is amiss, the investigation will reveal that and the person being searched will be fine. Right? 

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's chasing a boogeyman and the intent is to promote whitewashing.  To your last sentence, do you disagree with his stance of protecting qualified immunity which is the opposite of "more exposure and accountability"?  The governor has made it clear that his goals are not accountability, it's about suppressing what he and his don't like.

I don't agree with qualified immunity, or civil asset forfeiture.  It should be [convicted] criminal asset forfeiture.

110926run_defense710.jpg