Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire

19 minutes ago, robe said:

Good. At least we don’t have another Supreme Court meltdown with half the country. This is good for everyone. Except for Fetuses. 

Oh, no. The court's makeup is such that fetuses are people, but women aren't, for a generation or so. Maybe this next nominee will be chief justice when even conservatives decide women are people too again.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Biden nominating Obama would be the height of hilarity for me. 

Me too.  Just watching him take tough questions and have to speak without a teleprompter in front of him would be comedy gold. 

Obama would not accept.  He's too much of a coward to face the level of scrutiny he would surely be confronted with. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Me too.  Just watching him take tough questions and have to speak without a teleprompter in front of him would be comedy gold. 

Obama would not accept.  He's too much of a coward to face the level of scrutiny he would surely be confronted with. 

I don't know, he got away with it as president. Although saying he first heard about an issue in the newspaper wouldn’t go over very well. 

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, it's amazing he had the guts to win two presidential elections.  How could he possibly face a panel of Republicans asking dumb questions.  Coward indeed.

13 minutes ago, robe said:

This is a typical left wing nut. You are a crazy nut.  

I just posted an article about the hate spewing from the left from a left wing writer. He says “I’m a gay liberal who agrees with nothing from the Republican Party. Except this the Democrat party is the party of hate.  You are a hate Monger. The FBI needs to keep an eye on you. 

He told someone else to kill themselves a couple of days ago.

I wonder what his next screen name will be?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yep.  It all depends on the nominee. 

If they don't get this done before the elections, we may get another conservative. 

The GOP should do everything possible to slow roll the process.

And how would they do that given you are in the minority.  Your only hope is Manchin.  

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

I would expect nothing more of Brandon

I remember you tantruming when people called Trump by anything other than his name. Your hypocrisy will never cease to amuse me. Keep doing you. 

9 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

How often to you see Supreme Court justices taking questions from the media?