Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Friday released a statement dismissive of President Biden's decision to nominate Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court.

Graham, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, had been openly lobbying the White House to select district court Judge J. Michelle Childs from his state to fill the seat being vacated by retiring Justice Stephen Breyer.

“If media reports are accurate, and Judge Jackson has been chosen as the Supreme Court nominee to replace Justice Breyer, it means the radical Left has won President Biden over yet again,” Graham said in a statement. 

Jackson, who would be the first Black woman to serve on the high court, was approved to be on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. less than a year ago by the Senate. 

Graham was one of only three Republicans at the time who voted for her confirmation, the other two being Sens. Susan Collins (Maine) and Lisa Murkowski (Alaska).

In his statement, Graham also bemoaned that the “Harvard-Yale train to the Supreme Court continues to run unabated.”

Graham has voted to confirm multiple justices from the two Ivy League schools, including Yale-graduate Brett Kavanaugh and Harvard-graduate Neil Gorsuch. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/595833-graham-on-jackson-nomination-the-radical-left-won-yet-again

Lindsey is such a raging fvcking hypocrite. 

I hope the GOP doesn't just rubber stamp this nomination and gives her the Kavanaugh treatment for a few days.

She should be asked,  “do you believe is is wrong to exclude anyone from employment based on their gender or skin color?”  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 2/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

I hope the GOP doesn't just rubber stamp this nomination and give her the Kavanaugh treatment for a few days.

She should be asked,  “do you believe is is wrong to exclude anyone from employment based on their gender or skin color?”  

To which the obvious response would be 'If it was good enough for Reagan...."

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

I hope the GOP doesn't just rubber stamp this nomination and gives her the Kavanaugh treatment for a few days.

Was O’Connor asked that question? ACB?

On 2/28/2022 at 3:56 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

It's a valid question.  Let them answer it. 

Apparently this is a very important question, but when asked if another justice was asked this very important question, your response is “who cares?” What a bunch of brain-dead partisan nonsense.

On 2/28/2022 at 3:58 PM, SalinasSpartan said:

Apparently this is a very important question, but when asked if another justice was asked this very important question, your response is “who cares?” What a bunch of brain-dead partisan nonsense.

It was over 40 years ago.  Who cares? 

It would not have been an inappropriate question in the 80's either. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

On 2/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

Ok so dodging a question that would be inconvenient to answer because it undercuts your argument, cool.

Was Amy Coney Barrett asked this question? Trump vowed to nominate a woman before any candidates were vetted, he did not consider any men.

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

So you condone the treatment of Kavanaugh? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

@Aslowhiteguy Hey remember when Bush Sr. Appointed a black justice to replace Thurgood Marshall 5 days after Marshall retired? You think he considered any non-white people during those 120 hours? Was it just a total coincidence that he appointed the second black justice to replace the first black justice? Or was it on purpose, but it’s totally cool because he just didn’t say it out loud? Or is this another case of “it was a long time ago, so who cares”? Go team go nonsense for you? 

On 2/28/2022 at 4:11 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

She should smile back at all the old white men and with a smile ask the same of them.   

On 2/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

She will be asked that. Guaranteed. 

On 2/28/2022 at 7:00 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

"I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman," Mr Trump said at a campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Saturday. "I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54216710

On 3/2/2022 at 2:44 AM, toonkee said:

She will be asked that. Guaranteed. 

If she responded with 

On 2/28/2022 at 7:28 PM, alum93 said:

She should smile back at all the old white men and with a smile ask the same of them.   

I would die laughing at the skyscreaming this would bring, even though there is some subtle truth to it.

On 3/2/2022 at 6:17 AM, retrofade said:

"I will be putting forth a nominee next week. It will be a woman," Mr Trump said at a campaign rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina on Saturday. "I think it should be a woman because I actually like women much more than men."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54216710

But that was over a year ago....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.