Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/26/22 - San Diego State @ Utah State - WHO YA’ GOT?

30 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Mensah and Arop have physical issues that cause them to struggle at elevation.  SDSU is a completely different team without Mensah at 100%.

Yeah I remember Mensah had some kind of breathing problem and sat out part of the season two years ago. I didn’t realize it was still affecting him. 

Though I don’t think this an immensely talented USU team: when they don’t shoot like 7th grade girls from 3 they can beat some people. We won’t shoot over 40 percent every night, but if we can be in the 30s we can finish out the season nicely. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

I figured they would lose this, makes the Boise result even more disappointing. But playing three games in 5 days at severe altitude for a sea level team is a huge factor. Could tell they didn’t have their rest and were very fatigued from get go. USU had a good game plan and cut us to death. You can call this an “excuse” but it is absolutely the reality. 

Luckily the CSU game comes after what should be a easy home game and with three full days off in between the games.

8 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

I figured they would lose this, makes the Boise result even more disappointing. But playing three games in 5 days at severe altitude for a sea level team is a huge factor. Could tell they didn’t have their rest and were very fatigued from get go. USU had a good game plan and cut us to death. You can call this an “excuse” but it is absolutely the reality. 

Luckily the CSU game comes after what should be a easy home game and with three full days off in between the games.

Any word on the 20 or so players affected by COVID that hurt your depth for this one? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Disagree. This game was far more about the fatigue

The inconsistency has been all year.  The offense has been a rollercoaster and is only exasperated when we don't have a decent contingent in the stands.  It's been this way all year.  I will give you fatigue, but that is not a sole factor.  

2 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The inconsistency has been all year.  The offense has been a rollercoaster and is only exasperated when we don't have a decent contingent in the stands.  It's been this way all year.  I will give you fatigue, but that is not a sole factor.  

The offense was honestly ok, the issues were the turnovers+0 offensive rebounds, must be a loooong time since SDSU went a game with 0 offensive rebounds. Guard play definitely a weakness tho and offense far from good. USU smartly cut us to death and took advantage of that