Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/26/22 - San Diego State @ Utah State - WHO YA’ GOT?

7 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Congrats Aggies, really good win for you guys. Looks likes Wyo and BSU beating USU in Logan will probably stay as Quad 1 wins now too...good for us. SDSU on the other hand is now in some trouble with their NCAAT chances.

How so?  They have zero bad losses; USU will not be one at season's end.

5 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Congrats Aggies, really good win for you guys. Looks likes Wyo and BSU beating USU in Logan will probably stay as Quad 1 wins now too...good for us. SDSU on the other hand is now in some trouble with their NCAAT chances.

Tournament?----you talking bout the Tournament? I just hope we can win another game!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Nice to see the Aggies finally shoot 3s like they had been prior to MWC play for once. That is really the difference bewteen being 1-5 in conference and 5-1. All those close losses while shooting 19% from 3....sheesh. 

Really impressed with Bradley and Baker. They just didn't get any help tonight. Mensah doesn't look any better than he has since arriving, he's a foul machine and should have fouled out about 4 times to tonight.

I'm sure we'll get the return treatment and results in Viejas in a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

How so?  They have zero bad losses.

Not enough quality wins either. They had already fallen to the bubble in a lot of brackets before tonight, this game won't help with that. I suspect they will rebound because they always do, but their margin for error is going to be a lot slimmer after tonight.

10 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Tournament?----you talking bout the Tournament? I just hope we can win another game!

It’s never as good as you think it is and never as bad as you think it is. Three weeks ago the Aztecs destroyed CSU and now after losses to Boise State and USU are eating humble pie. Still time to regroup but it won’t be easy. 

10 minutes ago, Skadres said:

They are 5-9 at home against SDSU and 4-15 at SDSU. 

How have you guys fared in Championship games against USU? Can you tell me that record? 😜

You guys definitely owned us the first few years we were in the MW, I’ll grant you that. It’s sure felt like we’ve owned you guys the last few years though.

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s never as good as you think it is and never as bad as you think it is. Three weeks ago the Aztecs destroyed CSU and now after losses to Boise State and USU are eating humble pie. Still time to regroup but it won’t be easy. 

Watching college hoops a very long time. There are teams that can fight through adversity and teams that can't. 

Zero offensive rebounds is all anyone needs to know about grit and heart.  They'll play well at home and embarrass some teams but they're too soft to win on the road when it matters.

BYU 

USC 

Michigan 

USU  

Boise with a pitiful offensive effort

The hour is late.  

As Magic used to say, " it's winnin' time"

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

18 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Not enough quality wins either. They had already fallen to the bubble in a lot of brackets before tonight, this game won't help with that. I suspect they will rebound because they always do, but their margin for error is going to be a lot slimmer after tonight.

They've got two with Saint Mary's and CSU.   And will get another crack at Boise and USU.

45 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Can still win the MWC tournament 

1 hour ago, TrueAg said:

Nice to see the Aggies finally shoot 3s like they had been prior to MWC play for once. That is really the difference bewteen being 1-5 in conference and 5-1. All those close losses while shooting 19% from 3....sheesh. 

Really impressed with Bradley and Baker. They just didn't get any help tonight. Mensah doesn't look any better than he has since arriving, he's a foul machine and should have fouled out about 4 times to tonight.

I'm sure we'll get the return treatment and results in Viejas in a few weeks. 

Mensah and Arop have physical issues that cause them to struggle at elevation.  SDSU is a completely different team without Mensah at 100%.