Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

BYU and BSU is over

2 hours ago, utenation said:

So I guess we are just scared it seems. LOL. In football, other than not wanting to play BYU and USU in the same year, there is nothing scary about Utah State.  And yes, if it comes down to playing BYU or USU, we will always take BYU.

If the ewe athletics administration and fan base weren't cowards,

They'd preserve one of the longest lived series in college ball, going back to 1892.

Cowards.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

26 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

As for basketball, I do remember the reports after the 2010 game (the last time UU and USU actually played a true scheduled OOC game outside of the single forced Beehive Classic game in like 2017) when Utah chose not to renew the hoops series. At the time they said they needed some time to regroup as they felt the series was not as competitive as it once was. I'm not sure I buy that. The Aggies had handed the Utes 8 losses between 1998 and that last game in 2010 but conversely I think the Aggies only won twice against the Utes in the entire 90's.

Utah hoops is just embarrassing these days. I think USU took a step back too which is expected.  I'm giving Smith some time to adjust but I don't think the leash is very long. Given the circumstances of Smith leaving USU, I'm sure more than a few Aggies don't mind his failure. It is what it is.

The positive news about the football series not happening is, both programs seem to be doing ok to good without the series. Obviously KW is established but Anderson had a great year. I just hope you guys can keep him a few years. You know how that game is played. 

12 minutes ago, USU78 said:

If the ewe athletics administration and fan base weren't cowards,

They'd preserve one of the longest lived series in college ball, going back to 1892.

Cowards.

At this point, I would just hope BYU sticks with you guys.. You might have zero brothers very soon.. 

With no games, all you will have is your coward talk and history books.

My opinion of what will happen for 2023 BYU OOC schedule is the following:

- Keeping Tennessee (it’s in Provo and is the return game from BYU’s trip to Tennessee in 2019)

- Keeping the away game at Arkansas (correction made) (as it’s a return game for the BYU game in 2022 and there would be cancellation cost to BYU based on that contract agreement).  Also the Big 12 still has an alliance agreement with the SEC for scheduling and bowl arrangements through 2025.

- Keeping home game against Rice (since it’s in Provo and is in the month of September).  The only other home game options would be UNLV or Southern Utah in November.

Games against USU and Fresno State will be cancelled or rescheduled to a future year.  Or USU will be asked to swap the game to be in Provo for 2023 and not in Logan and cancel the Rice game if USU agrees.  

Unless the Big 12 allows for 4 OOC games, USU series contract will be impacted because BYU will cancel the 2023 game if USU insists it would need to remain in Logan for that specific year.

All other OOC games for 2023 will be cancelled or shifted to a different year.

17 minutes ago, hukilauh said:

- Keeping the away game at Arkansas State (as it’s a return game for the BYU game in 2022 and there would be cancellation cost to BYU based on that contract agreement).  Also the Big 12 still has an alliance agreement with the SEC for scheduling and bowl arrangements through 2025.

That's Arkansas, not Ark State.

What scheduling arrangement?  The only deal in football is 3 bowl games (Sugar, Texas, Liberty).

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

That's Arkansas, not Ark State.

What scheduling arrangement?  The only deal in football is 3 bowl games (Sugar, Texas, Liberty).

Sorry, had Utah State on the mind and typed “State” after Arkansas.  Thanks for catching that.

1 minute ago, hukilauh said:

Sorry, had Utah State on the mind and typed “State” after Arkansas.  Thanks for catching that.  They have Basketball agreements with the SEC as well through 2025.  It wasn’t as much as BYU having to play the SEC game, it was more about BYU wanting to be seen as “good conference members” and trying to keep good relations with the SEC.

34 minutes ago, utenation said:

At this point, I would just hope BYU sticks with you guys.. You might have zero brothers very soon.. 

With no games, all you will have is your coward talk and history books.

Thanks for confirming what everyone already knows: cowards and rentseekers.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

15 minutes ago, USU78 said:

Thanks for confirming what everyone already knows: cowards and rentseekers.

We get it.. Your feelers are hurt... Maybe a nice diaper change will help your rash?

Looks like you've been carrying around a huge hate turd for awhile.

image.jpeg.8cefb2ea1543274c6a03cf6971d0334b.jpeg

1 hour ago, utenation said:

We get it.. Your feelers are hurt... Maybe a nice diaper change will help your rash?

Looks like you've been carrying around a huge hate turd for awhile.

image.jpeg.8cefb2ea1543274c6a03cf6971d0334b.jpeg

Only since about 1920. The attempted disincorporation and actual near evisceration of USU's programs. By you turds.

1 minute ago, USU78 said:

Only since about 1920. The attempted disincorporation and actual near evisceration of USU's programs. By you turds.

Shit, you're old...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Especially when it's only for $100k per tilt. If that's all they're willing to pay to come to their Building where they will rake in roughly 5-10 mil in Gameday profits ?

Phuck 'em.

no way whatever GIF

BYU doesn’t pay 100k that is what is so odd. But I’m not sure you can understand that or can have a normal conversation. I think dementia has set in while ago. Usually I just ignore your incoherent ramblings. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

2 hours ago, hukilauh said:

My opinion of what will happen for 2023 BYU OOC schedule is the following:

- Keeping Tennessee (it’s in Provo and is the return game from BYU’s trip to Tennessee in 2019)

- Keeping the away game at Arkansas (correction made) (as it’s a return game for the BYU game in 2022 and there would be cancellation cost to BYU based on that contract agreement).  Also the Big 12 still has an alliance agreement with the SEC for scheduling and bowl arrangements through 2025.

- Keeping home game against Rice (since it’s in Provo and is in the month of September).  The only other home game options would be UNLV or Southern Utah in November.

Games against USU and Fresno State will be cancelled or rescheduled to a future year.  Or USU will be asked to swap the game to be in Provo for 2023 and not in Logan and cancel the Rice game if USU agrees.  

Unless the Big 12 allows for 4 OOC games, USU series contract will be impacted because BYU will cancel the 2023 game if USU insists it would need to remain in Logan for that specific year.

All other OOC games for 2023 will be cancelled or shifted to a different year.

UNLV game has already been canceled

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Let's talk about this. Utah and BYU blackballed USU out of a conference in the 70s. I wasn't around for this, so I don't feel the sting the same way many of the more tenured Aggie fans do. After that, USU proceeded to do everything wrong in hiring ADs, Presidents and coaches which led to BYU and Utah rising and USU falling. It sucks, but that's the reality. I understand why some Aggie fans are still bitter, but it's time to move on. Perfectly understandable to hate BYU and Utah as they're in-state and were mean to us in the 70s, but that's about all. Our fate is in our own hands now.

As for scheduling Utah, both the classic arguments on both sides have been presented. Utah fans act obtuse and claim USU fans are calling them scared- when in reality there is zero good reason we shouldn't play in hoops. Your past ADs have scheduled other instate foes like Weber and UVU but not USU. It's so baffling to me.

Football I get. You only get so many OOC games and Utah will always prefer to play BYU. This even in years when you schedule H and H vs head scratching programs like Wyoming and Northern Illinois- neither of which have any local intrigue or recruiting value to Utah.  

I hate admitting this, but BYU has been a good partner to USU in scheduling and visa versa. I hate that USU hasn't won the matchup more (especially in hoops over the last decade), but the games are generally competitive and sell-outs.

@Jack Bauerplease call your boy Holmoe up and let him know there's no reason we can't still do a H and H in hoops when you join the Big 12. I hope Utah comes around and would love a rational explanation as to why we can't ever play in hoops. It really does make you look scared Utes ;). 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

23 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

As for scheduling Utah, both the classic arguments on both sides have been presented. Utah fans act obtuse and claim USU fans are calling them scared- when in reality there is zero good reason we shouldn't play in hoops. Your past ADs have scheduled other instate foes like Weber and UVU but not USU. It's so baffling to me.

Easy on the broad brush partner.  The Ute fans on this thread have said they wish the series would continue. I also went through the excuse train for Utah Admin and came up with no good reason we shouldn't be playing you on even a basic level.  So I made your case for you.. As a Ute fan. 

Then you have USU fans calling our fans cowards and others saying Utah admitted USU was just too good for the Utes to play in hoops. Really?

Bottom line, some of your fans on this thread are hurt babies. Not one Ute fan pulled out the "Big Dog" don't call us, we will call you card. 

1 minute ago, utenation said:

Easy on the broad brush partner.  The Ute fans on this thread have said they wish the series would continue. I also went through the excuse train for Utah Admin and came up with no good reason we shouldn't be playing you on even a basic level.  So I made your case for you.. As a Ute fan. 

Then you have USU fans calling our fans cowards and others saying Utah admitted USU was just too good for the Utes to play in hoops. Really?

Bottom line, some of your fans on this thread are hurt babies. Not one Ute fan pulled out the "Big Dog" don't call us, we will call you card. 

Of course not you, you are far from obtuse. I'm talking about some fans I interact with in my neighborhood. I have a big penis. Call your boy up and let's get it scheduled, and yes many USU fans embrace the victim/little brother card which I don't understand. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

56 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Let's talk about this. Utah and BYU blackballed USU out of a conference in the 70s. I wasn't around for this, so I don't feel the sting the same way many of the more tenured Aggie fans do. After that, USU proceeded to do everything wrong in hiring ADs, Presidents and coaches which led to BYU and Utah rising and USU falling. It sucks, but that's the reality. I understand why some Aggie fans are still bitter, but it's time to move on. Perfectly understandable to hate BYU and Utah as they're in-state and were mean to us in the 70s, but that's about all. Our fate is in our own hands now.

Football I get. You only get so many OOC games and Utah will always prefer to play BYU. This even in years when you schedule H and H vs head scratching programs like Wyoming and Northern Illinois- neither of which have any local intrigue or recruiting value to Utah.  

I hate admitting this, but BYU has been a good partner to USU in scheduling and visa versa. I hate that USU hasn't won the matchup more (especially in hoops over the last decade), but the games are generally competitive and sell-outs.

@Jack Bauerplease call your boy Holmoe up and let him know there's no reason we can't still do a H and H in hoops when you join the Big 12. I hope Utah comes around and would love a rational explanation as to why we can't ever play in hoops. It really does make you look scared Utes ;). 

Because of said blackballing, you spent 27 years with us.  I hope you enjoyed our company, because we liked yours.

sad bugs bunny GIF

9 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Of course not you, you are far from obtuse. I'm talking about some fans I interact with in my neighborhood. I have a big penis. Call your boy up and let's get it scheduled, and yes many USU fans embrace the victim/little brother card which I don't understand. 

You weren't specific bubba. But I agree. You already know what I want to happen. But Utah fans in general love the upcoming football schedules so I don't think you'll get much push to get USU on the schedule.