Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kalua pig

timmy chang

6 hours ago, kalua pig said:

new head coach for hawai’i.i like the fresh change.

Half the problem solved.

1.  Get rid of TG.   CHECK

2.  Hire new coach with Hawaiian roots.  CHECK

3.  Recruit players to field a team.   ?

4.  Get rid of Matlin.   ?

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

$500k per year?  Ballin' on a budget.

Any word on assistants?

So far from what I’ve seen mentioned. A number are getting announced today.

HC: Timmy Chang

Asst. HC: Thomas Sheffield

Offense

OC:? 

QB:?

OL: Roman Sapolu (making his way from Fresno St back to his dad's home program)

WR:?

TE: Thomas Sheffield (confirmed coming from CSU)

RB: Keiki Misipeka (coming from Missouri Southern as RB Coach, a local born that played in the early 00's and coached on the mainland)

Defense

DC: Jacob Yoro (retained staff)

Safeties: ?

CB: Abraham Elimimian (retained staff)

OLB: Jacob Yoro

ILB/DE: Chris Brown (former 'bow from the early 00's, for the last couple years was coaching at Bishop Gorman) 

DL: ?

ST: Thomas Sheffield

Strength & Training: Kody Cooke (primary TG retained staff)

a number of coaching hires announced today Abe, Yoro, Cooke retained. Chris Brown (Bishop Gorman) coaching the DE/ILB, Roman Sapolu (Fresno St) coaching the OL, and Keiki Misipeka (Missouri Southern) coaching the RB. In addition to Thomas Sheffield making his way from CSU to join Timmy's staff at Hawaii coaching the ST/TE/Asst. HC

Cade Socha who was a GA at Nevada, was announced last week as a GA for cSU is also going to Hawaii

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

3 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Rumors of Matte Mumme from CSU or Ian Shoemaker at EWU coming on board at OC for Timmy. Reportedly Dan Morrison (old JJ coach) turned down the offer or wasn’t interested at least

Id be absolutely shocked if Mumme left

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

2 hours ago, bigd said:

I'm definitely rooting for Chang, I hope he's able to keep the locals home and build Hawaii into the powerhouse they have the potential to become. 

Crazy we are having this talk when we won 10 games just 2 years ago lol. If Timmy adds a local HS coach in Rod York he would be able to keep some good talent home 

Related image

6 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

Sapolu was doo doo at Fresno.  Got demoted to TE coach by Tedford and was going to get either demoted or fired even if Deboer stayed around.

he knows how fresno operates.good information.

14 hours ago, SpaceForced said:

Half the problem solved.

1.  Get rid of TG.   CHECK

2.  Hire new coach with Hawaiian roots.  CHECK

3.  Recruit players to field a team.   ?

4.  Get rid of Matlin.   ?

i think matlin gets one more chance.

8 hours ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Rumors of Matte Mumme from CSU or Ian Shoemaker recently at EWU coming on board as OC for Timmy. Reportedly Dan Morrison (old JJ ‘OC’ coach) turned down the offer or wasn’t interested at least

Where will Hawai'i get the $$$ to pay Mumme???

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Where will Hawai'i get the $$$ to pay Mumme???

We are the wealthiest state per capita in the MWC (right ahead of Wyo; #8 in the US).  Don’t worry.  I would say the recent debacles (Graham, botched JJ hiring, but at least they hired someone everyone can rally around Chang) has stoked interest especially from lawmakers.  That’s where the money comes from.

1 hour ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

We are the wealthiest state per capita in the MWC (right ahead of Wyo; #8 in the US).  Don’t worry.  I would say the recent debacles (Graham, botched JJ hiring, but at least they hired someone everyone can rally around Chang) has stoked interest especially from lawmakers.  That’s where the money comes from.

Lol you're delusional. CSU pays Norvell $1.6mil and has a $3mil staff which is double what Nevada is paying. You're paying Chang $500k which is laughable. You do not have the money to out pay us in your high school stadium