Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iam4wyo

T&M MWC Tourney Requirements (Covid)?

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

at rebel games it's a vax card. No masks. easy peasy. You could literally flash an index card with scribbling on it.  They DGAF.

Yeah but, If I'm coming from out of town do I really want to chance it on that advice.  

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

12 hours ago, SpaceForced said:

Yeah but, If I'm coming from out of town do I really want to chance it on that advice.  

I am sure they will make a formal announcement regarding requirements as the date approaches. Omicron wave will be over by then so honestly there will probably be a huge slowdown in COVID cases (unless a new variant comes up very rapidly that is different enough from omicron where you can get reinfected). Sure the city/state/federal government might be slow with their response to lift restrictions but by that time there will be zero justification for it.   I mean by March I would say 99% of adults would have either gotten COVID, gotten the vaccine, or both. Heck even right now 87.5% of adults got at least one vaccine. Given a basketball game is mostly attended by consenting/highly protected (against severe disease from COVID) adults there is no reason for a restriction. The consenting adults can decide to attend or not and also decide to bring their child (also highly protected against severe disease unless they have a ton of comorbidities) or not.  

But even worse case scenario would be vaccine card. So if you have that you are good to go. And if you don't have that I would hope they would take a negative test result. 

2 hours ago, thedude15 said:

I am sure they will make a formal announcement regarding requirements as the date approaches. Omicron wave will be over by then so honestly there will probably be a huge slowdown in COVID cases (unless a new variant comes up very rapidly that is different enough from omicron where you can get reinfected). Sure the city/state/federal government might be slow with their response to lift restrictions but by that time there will be zero justification for it.   I mean by March I would say 99% of adults would have either gotten COVID, gotten the vaccine, or both. Heck even right now 87.5% of adults got at least one vaccine. Given a basketball game is mostly attended by consenting/highly protected (against severe disease from COVID) adults there is no reason for a restriction. The consenting adults can decide to attend or not and also decide to bring their child (also highly protected against severe disease unless they have a ton of comorbidities) or not.  

But even worse case scenario would be vaccine card. So if you have that you are good to go. And if you don't have that I would hope they would take a negative test result. 

You’re being way too rational. People in government for the most part don’t give two shits about a basketball tournament and think nothing about requiring mandates. 

I would expect the T&M to use the same standards as they have used since reopening. Nobody want to take responsibility for a decision so they will punt to stated guidelines. You will need a proof of vax and once inside masks are not required. Don’t expect lessor guidance because this is after all a university setting and everything that goes with that ball of yarn.