Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/25/22 - FIRST PLACE MATCHUP+3 OTHERS! - WHO YA’ GOT?

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

Compared to most MWC schools Wyoming is doing very well in the attendance department.

Attendance is significantly down all across the MWC. It’s a combination of vax requirements at many arenas and fear of Covid. I’ve watched most teams on TV. The last CSU game had the least sparse crowd I’ve seen so far. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Attendance is significantly down all across the MWC. It’s a combination of vax requirements at many arenas and fear of Covid. I’ve watched most teams on TV. The last CSU game had the least sparse crowd I’ve seen so far. 

Rams are starting to draw really well. Students are really showing out. We might see 4000 students for the Nevada game tonight and 7K overall (Moby only seats 8000 these days).

Will San Jose State get it's first MW win tonight vs Air Force in San Jose? Yes, I believe they will. 23.png&w=72&h=72&transparent=true Go Spartans! 

3 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Hope DuSell is back and ready to go. Although Wenzel has looked pretty good in his expanded role the past few games.

Wyo has a shot to win if they have more than 1 guy get hot from outside. Even if Boise is able to 1v1 Maldo/Ike with Akot/Armus, it will be difficult for Boise to keep contain on Jeffries, DuSell, and/or Wenzel from the outside.

Hoping the refs don't blow too many whistles to let these teams really battle it out. But regardless, I'm sure there will be plenty of boos in the arena every time a call goes against Boise. Possibly the least intelligent basketball fans as a whole in the conference 

Kigab and Shaver are very good defenders. On ball and off ball.  All 5 starters play defense with high energy.  Its their focus.   You shouldn't get too many open looks.    What we need are more fans wearing a barrel to the game.  Now that dude screams nothing but smart stuff.  

9 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Now there's a reach.  Way to go out on a limb.

I'm not the one that said the Boise would be the best defensive team Wyoming has faced this year. My comment didn't just come out of the blue

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Check this out!

10783779_.jpg

Looks like a nice venue.  I get that it's Big Sky hoops, but still...

35 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You got 65 points against Arizona, you won’t get that many tonight. 

If Wyoming doesn’t get that many it will be more from a lot slower pace of play than the Arizona game was. 

Arizona is rated #5 in defensive efficiency, so they are better defensively than Boise is. Though Boise is very good so far at #8. 

On the other hand Wyoming is #23 in offensive efficiency, so it will be the best offensive team Boise has faced all year efficiency wise.  The next closest for Boise? St. Louis #59 in offensive efficiency. 

Both teams play pretty slow. Wyoming is 241 in possessions a game and Boise is 310. So would probably be lower scoring anyways. 

Should be a close game. Last two times Boise went on a 2 game road trip or more then came back home for the first game, they struggled. Lost the first time to Bakersfield. Next time only beat AFA by 6. First game back tonight after a harder road trip than the first two for Boise. Will be interesting to see how they respond. 

2 hours ago, gold-n-brown said:

Do the Vandals have a dedicated BB arena now?   I remember seeing a couple games in the Kibbie Dome.

Yes.  Brand new and they couldn't even fill it for the "Battle of the Palouse" vs. Wazzu. It does look nice, but Vandals have some serious athletic support problems.

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Give me CSU, WYO, Fresno (no way NM can keep playing out of their minds forever), and SJSU. 

I wouldn't say we're "playing out of our minds", though it might look like that to an outside observer. What is more accurate is that we are starting to find our footing as a team and are beginning to move the ball around and find open teammates for high percentage shots, which we weren't doing up until a few games ago. Before that it was a bunch of dribbling/NBA iso/hero ball. Not the case anymore. Players are buying in and figuring out their roles and becoming more comfortable playing together. So I wouldn't say we're playing above our heads, we're just actually starting to play basketball now.

With that said, I still probably would play it safe and take Fresno. If Ike manhandled us like that I don't know what we can do with upperclassman Robinson. Probably not much. I honestly think he is the best individual player in the MWC.