Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/25/22 - FIRST PLACE MATCHUP+3 OTHERS! - WHO YA’ GOT?

11 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

It is definitely the year for us to make hay, but they'll have at least 2 super seniors and potentially up to 5 for next year (I doubt everyone comes back though).

Who will be leaving? 

Falcons win, 63-53. Congratulations. 

Kudos to Coastie. 

51 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I think my son's favorite player in the conference is Jeffries.

Probably the most improved player for Wyo, maybe even the conference. I admit I was reluctant to see him in the starting 5 early in the year, but he quickly convinced me otherwise. 

Last year basically just camped in the corner waiting for a 3 while Maldo/ Dusell/ Williams did all the heavy lifting. This year he's become a very good defender and an excellent rebounder for his size, in addition to being the best 3 point shooter in the conference. Credit to Linder for his development.

Just got home. Very fun game to attend.

Credit to Wyoming for finding ways to break down the Boise defense in the 2nd half. And credit to Boise for making enough plays down the stretch. Degengart is a solid freshman, let's see if he's able to develop into a star... Boise has had some bad luck with impact freshmen not really improving under Rice.

If Dusell was healthy, I'd think Wyo finds a way to win this one. This might be Ike's first 40 minute game... Linder needs to find a way to give him some rest every night to keep him effective down the stretch.

And Matt Bauscher is a douche. 

2 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Probably the most improved player for Wyo, maybe even the conference. I admit I was reluctant to see him in the starting 5 early in the year, but he quickly convinced me otherwise. 

Last year basically just camped in the corner waiting for a 3 while Maldo/ Dusell/ Williams did all the heavy lifting. This year he's become a very good defender and an excellent rebounder for his size, in addition to being the best 3 point shooter in the conference. Credit to Linder for his development.

Honestly, I think having X could have made a difference in the flow of the game.  Wenzel and Reynolds had too many easy mistakes to win that game that may not have happened with X in the lineup....Would-of, Could-of, Should-of.....

This felt like a conference championship game in all aspects and look forward to the rematch in Laradise!!!

6 minutes ago, PokeTransplant said:

Honestly, I think having X could have made a difference in the flow of the game.  Wenzel and Reynolds had too many easy mistakes to win that game that may not have happened with X in the lineup....Would-of, Could-of, Should-of.....

This felt like a conference championship game in all aspects and look forward to the rematch in Laradise!!!

Keep Armus to 20 minutes PT and it won't be close in Laramie.  He can't get into foul trouble against any team with a talented big.  Linder worked his way enough to get him to the bench and then Ike took over.  When  he got Kigab into foul trouble Maldonado went at whoever was trying to guard him.   Those 2 guys are the keys to the D and Linder knew that and patiently worked to get them in trouble.

Rams played a great second half to put the Pack away. Ive been saying it all season and I’ll repeat it after seeing Nevada in person. I have no idea how they have lost so many games. They really are talented. But then reality also strikes as you realize that they really don’t seem to like each other and dont play very connected, especially defensively. Rams eventually just ground them to a pulp at the end, mostly because of how well they play together; they overcame being down two important players (Thistlewood, Tonje) that took away some of their flexibility that their bench usually gives them.

59 minutes ago, crixus said:

3:34 left in the game, AFA 54 SJSU 48.

Final AFA 63 SJSU 53.  I thought AF was going to blow it.  Van Der Swag made two bad passes in a row for turnovers and I thought that could give the Spartans the game.  I had wondered early on in the season why the junior Van Der Swag wasn't starting as a guard over one of the freshman but, after seeing those couple of bad passes in crunch time I was like Okay that explains it.

Those announcers though.  Marc Spears thought he was off mic and is asking someone to let them know if they suck. lol.  Earlier Dan Barrera thought he was off mic when he asks Marc "does that feel good" and Marc replies "Oh yeah".  The cameras weren't on them but the sound was on.  lol.

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Who will be leaving? 

Most BSU fans think Armus is going back to Europe to play professionally. Akot could potentially get drafted late in the 2nd round of the NBA draft (he's showed up in several mocks). If he isn't drafted, he still might go pro or he could stay another year to try and improve his draft stock. Shaver is probably the most likely starter to come back. Our backup big Milner and Naje Smith, our 6th man, are almost certain to come back next year.

11 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Most BSU fans think Armus is going back to Europe to play professionally. Akot could potentially get drafted late in the 2nd round of the NBA draft (he's showed up in several mocks). If he isn't drafted, he still might go pro or he could stay another year to try and improve his draft stock. Shaver is probably the most likely starter to come back. Our backup big Milner and Naje Smith, our 6th man, are almost certain to come back next year.

Akot’s draft stock wont improve if he stays another year.He’s already a 5th year senior. I doubt he returns. If things don’t work in the NBA I’m sure he’ll head overseas.

That was the best atmosphere for a BSUgame in a long time. The crowd was loud. Great game by the pokes. Ike is tough. That jumpshot on the baseline is a great shot. Still think it was the right move not doubling maldanado or ike. Ike ended up with 19 points but it took 18 shots to get there. I think he got a little tired as he was red hot in the first half.  Wyoming only shot 16 threes and they normally shoot way more than that. Not doubling on the inside really reduced those attempts and kept the score in check.  Boise state's lack of depth almost cost them the game with armus in foul trouble and shaver hobbled. I was shocked when shaver came back out after half time. His movement and explosiveness were really compromised. 

1 hour ago, Jalex4141 said:

That was the best atmosphere for a BSUgame in a long time. The crowd was loud. Great game by the pokes. Ike is tough. That jumpshot on the baseline is a great shot. Still think it was the right move not doubling maldanado or ike. Ike ended up with 19 points but it took 18 shots to get there. I think he got a little tired as he was red hot in the first half.  Wyoming only shot 16 threes and they normally shoot way more than that. Not doubling on the inside really reduced those attempts and kept the score in check.  Boise state's lack of depth almost cost them the game with armus in foul trouble and shaver hobbled. I was shocked when shaver came back out after half time. His movement and explosiveness were really compromised. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Shaver doesn’t play the next two games or more. He’s going to be really sore tomorrow. 

Very competitive game tonight which I expected. Ike is tough to defend. I thought we did a decent job on Maldonado. I can’t imagine how good this Wyoming team would be with Marcus Williams. That’s their one weak spot. He would have taken this Wyoming team from very good to great. 

This is the most competitive group of teams overall since Boise State joined the MWC. Just about every game is a dog fight. Glad to get the home game with Wyoming behind us. You can’t afford to lose home games if you want to finish near the top. Win your home games and half on the road and you’ll be right there at the end. 

Won two bets, lost one and tied one,  now 46-26 on the season

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Shaver doesn’t play the next two games or more. He’s going to be really sore tomorrow. 

Very competitive game tonight which I expected. Ike is tough to defend. I thought we did a decent job on Maldonado. I can’t imagine how good this Wyoming team would be with Marcus Williams. That’s their one weak spot. He would have taken this Wyoming team from very good to great. 

This is the most competitive group of teams overall since Boise State joined the MWC. Just about every game is a dog fight. Glad to get the home game with Wyoming behind us. You can’t afford to lose home games if you want to finish near the top. Win your home games and half on the road and you’ll be right there at the end. 

Won two bets, lost one and tied one,  now 46-26 on the season

I'm super glad the conference in their infinite wisdom decided it was cool for BSU to play 6 of their first 9 conference games on the road...but we've navigated it pretty impressively so far. Unlike last year, BSU's sched has ended up being really front loaded with tougher games this season. If they can split these next two roadies at Fresno and Wyo they'll be sitting in pretty good position to stay on top. The back half of conference is lighter and there will be a boatload of home games.