Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Today in MWC Hoops - 1/25/22 - FIRST PLACE MATCHUP+3 OTHERS! - WHO YA’ GOT?

Looking forward to the Boise-WYO game. I think Boise has some really good defensive match-ups on Maldonado and Ike that should work in their favor. My concern is whether the Broncos have enough offense to really take advantage. Wyoming is always a tough out, mostly because Linder is really good at game planning. Not going to bet the game but I think WYO just might be able to get it done under the number.

You know I won’t bet CSU games but to be honest, that number looks about right. I’ve seen some analytics sites with CSU by 14 which I think is way high.

I’m going to take a flyer on New Mexico at +5 tonight. Lobos have no way of defending Orlando Robinson other than fouling him but I’m counting on the elevation to keep the game close.

I really like Air Force at +2 at San Jose State.  I just don't think the Spartans have the experience to deal with the difficulties that the Falcons cause their opponents.

Hope DuSell is back and ready to go. Although Wenzel has looked pretty good in his expanded role the past few games.

Wyo has a shot to win if they have more than 1 guy get hot from outside. Even if Boise is able to 1v1 Maldo/Ike with Akot/Armus, it will be difficult for Boise to keep contain on Jeffries, DuSell, and/or Wenzel from the outside.

Hoping the refs don't blow too many whistles to let these teams really battle it out. But regardless, I'm sure there will be plenty of boos in the arena every time a call goes against Boise. Possibly the least intelligent basketball fans as a whole in the conference 

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The jelly donut returns!!!

No matter what he says, no chance he's worse than the Utah State guys.

One nice thing about the MW app is that nearly everything is available on-demand. Hopefully tonight is worth watching a replay of so I can hear what Duncan Donuts has to say...

31 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Hope DuSell is back and ready to go. Although Wenzel has looked pretty good in his expanded role the past few games.

Wyo has a shot to win if they have more than 1 guy get hot from outside. Even if Boise is able to 1v1 Maldo/Ike with Akot/Armus, it will be difficult for Boise to keep contain on Jeffries, DuSell, and/or Wenzel from the outside.

Hoping the refs don't blow too many whistles to let these teams really battle it out. But regardless, I'm sure there will be plenty of boos in the arena every time a call goes against Boise. Possibly the least intelligent basketball fans as a whole in the conference 

I read yesterday that Linder said DuSell is doubtful.  Foster is available but working on conditioning to get back to game shape.

Nevada could give CSU some problems with their size inside. However, CSU is back up to speed and I’m betting to cover.

The Boise State-Wyoming game should be a good one. Like they did with Queta last year, let Ike get his points, don’t double team and hold the other guys down. Maldonado gets his points inside when defended by smaller players. The Broncos will defend him with Kigab or Akot both of whom match his size. Boise State is the best defensive team Wyoming has faced and its on the road. I take the Broncos to cover.

Robinson will eat New Mexico alive and Fresno has the guards to defend House. Fresno will cover. 

Air Force’s disciplined style will be tough on the inexperienced Spartans. Best bet on the board. Air Force will cover. 

54 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Sure hope more fans go to the game than have been. Pretty sparse inside Taco John's arena from what I've seen on TV

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

Sure hope more fans go to the game than have been. Pretty sparse inside Taco John's arena from what I've seen on TV

They have 3 levels of seats and put the TV camera up in the very top section. Makes for a weird viewing experience compared to other schools. The rims used to be invisible when the baselines were orange.

Not sure if they're opening up the top sections or if trying to keep fans contained to the lower bowls. I expect a pretty good crowd tonight.

Wyoming definitely has no room for attendance smack talk this year. Linder deserved to have 5,000+ for a while now.

28 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I read yesterday that Linder said DuSell is doubtful.  Foster is available but working on conditioning to get back to game shape.

That's too bad. 

Nothing against Kenny, but I don't see him being able to offer much in his first game back and against a team like Boise. Unless he can steal minutes from Thompson, LOL

7 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

They have 3 levels of seats and put the TV camera up in the very top section. Makes for a weird viewing experience compared to other schools. The rims used to be invisible when the baselines were orange.

Not sure if they're opening up the top sections or if trying to keep fans contained to the lower bowls. I expect a pretty good crowd tonight.

Wyoming definitely has no room for attendance smack talk this year. Linder deserved to have 5,000+ for a while now.

Compared to most MWC schools Wyoming is doing very well in the attendance department.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Compared to most MWC schools Wyoming is doing very well in the attendance department.

Bob it's too early to be drunk on Brown & Gold kool-aid. Wyoming is 15-2 and didn't break 5,000 in attendance until 3 days ago. That is the opposite of "very well", even when compared to other conference teams

I'm hoping the Lobos play as good at home as they did in the last two road games. Both losses, but they fought. We are undefeated in 
"well, at least they fought hard" games!:P Soon to be the best 0-7 team in the conference!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

22 minutes ago, Bob said:

Just about everywhere has seemed pretty sparse IMO.  Boise has gone the route of tickets sold in reporting attendance this year.  Every game right around 7000, but actual butts in seats more like 3-4000.  I'd expect it to be closer to 6-7k actual fans for this one. 

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Just about everywhere has seemed pretty sparse IMO.  Boise has gone the route of tickets sold in reporting attendance this year.  Every game right around 7000, but actual butts in seats more like 3-4000.  I'd expect it to be closer to 6-7k actual fans for this one. 

I wonder if schools are trying to make up for lost revenue last year and are pricing folks out? I know it's a good match up tonight, but $30 for a corner seat seems pretty steep.