Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Stupid SOB

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

Ever notice that’s not how you win? If total votes were the way to win, it would require a totally different campaigning strategy that the GOP could possibly win. But until it is, bragging about having more base hit and less errors than the team that beat you is just silly. 

Jackrabbit was making a point about popularity. 

Read the thread, bro.

12 hours ago, Orygun said:

Exactly.  The biggest reason for the cultural divide was the civil rights movement.  When conservatives found out that their white utopia was going to be besmirched by blacks holding office and eating at lunch counters, they went crazy pants with the culture war from 1970-on.  The match was school integration. Makes the mask wars right now sound downright cute.  

Ever consider being roommates with Spaz? In the backyard, you guys could lie down, pitch your tents and see the stars right above you as you chat/bond all night over how to wipe out Trump and the GQP. 

kat.jpg

22 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Point me to this mythic past when social conservatives considered the people existing and operating outside of the cultural and social mainstream to be part of the same family. 

I’m not saying that, and perhaps I jumped in without knowing the context of what I was responding to. Social conservatives by definition hold a narrower view on what is mainstream. … I had a longer explanation of what I meant, but then I deleted it because I don’t really care that much.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I’m not saying that, and perhaps I jumped in without knowing the context of what I was responding to. social conservatives by definition a narrower view on what is mainstream. … I had a longer explanation of what I meant, but then I deleted it because I hate freedom and I want to model my warped view of appropriate post length. 

Fify.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I think you’re now in the lead of being the most triggered and unstable Trump-Q goof on the board. I present you with this shit stained award 🥉 with my appreciation for the entertainment it provides many of us. And it’s people like you that provide much appreciated jobs and job security for our country’s beloved and respected secret service agents. So in a weird twisted way, thank you for being you! 

image.png.c92d0224092044d8eb51d33c572f3ca7.png

Just doing my bit.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

22 hours ago, renoskier said:

hmmm...it seems to me that one side embraces the ideas expressed in these bumper stickers...

image.jpeg.caddea860b16eb9f6874350a8d9bde09.jpeg

and the other side not so much.

What am I missing?

lol. Libtards are the most intolerant hypocrites I know. You know you are a raging racist and a bigot if you have one of those "In This House We Believe..." signs.

23 minutes ago, Bob said:

lol. Libtards are the most intolerant hypocrites I know. You know you are a raging racist and a bigot if you have one of those "In This House We Believe..." signs.

So you get triggered by masks, triggered by bumper stickers, and triggered when people have decorations in their own house that announce their values. Getting through the day must be exhausting. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

17 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

So you get triggered by masks, triggered by bumper stickers, and triggered when people have decorations in their own house that announce their values. Getting through the day must be exhausting. 

lol. You totally have one of those signs don't you :rotflmfao:

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

No, I dont do bumper stickers or signs. 

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Ever notice that’s not how you win? If total votes were the way to win, it would require a totally different campaigning strategy. The way that the GOP is now 50/50 with Hispanic voters and trending to move ahead, it might not be long where dumpster Trump is gone and it’s the Dems that want the border sealed and love the Electoral College. Be careful what you wish for. But as for right now, until total votes are the new way to win, bragging about having more base hits and less errors than the team that beat you is just silly. 

It's isn't 50/50.

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/chart-how-us-latinos-voted-2020-presidential-election

Talk about the Latino vote surged after incumbent President Donald Trump picked up Florida’s 29 electoral votes early on Tuesday evening. Indeed, the Cuban-American vote in Florida was decisive, breaking 56-41 for the Republican incumbent compared to an even 49-49 split among non-Cuban voters. But the Latino vote in Florida is a singular one.

Nationwide, Democrat Joe Biden got 66 percent support in national exit polls, on par with Hillary Clinton’s 65 percent in 2016. It was nevertheless a mixed bag: he performed 6 points better in California, for example, but 4 points worse in Nevada, where Latino men voted for Trump in particularly high numbers.

In the chart below, we look at how Latinos voted overall for Trump and Biden, how Latino support changed for the Democratic and Republican candidates from the last general elections, and a breakdown of the vote by gender in five states with substantial Latino voting blocs.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

You do:

Make America Great Again Trump2020 GIF by Off The Jacks

Americans Mayor

I used to have a bumper sticker that said, "Skiing makes me happy."

I'll bet GQPers will set up a snitch hotline because I excluded snowboarders.

Americans Mayor