bornontheblue

Land war in Europe game thread! (with poll)

US Response to Russian Invasion of Ukraine  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the US response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine be?

• Nuke 'em
    • Full conventional military response, troops, tanks, fighters etc take part in defense of Ukraine
    • Air/missile strikes against key Russian military targets
    • Economic embargo of Russia
    • Economic sanctions against Russia
    • Cutoff diplomatic relations with Russia
    • Nothing.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:51 AM, happycamper said:

It's unbelievably cheap for the price of cementing the respect of every bordering nation and to inflict a disaster that will take Russia a decade to recover from. 

Both far more cost effective than our own wars and offers far more benefit for us, economically and politically, now and in to the medium term future. It is the biggest foreign policy coup for the American hegemony since the Sino-Soviet Split and maybe since WW2. 

Exactly. Try forming a kick ass army that can take on a world military power, an army with sky high morale and determination, and equip them for 80 billion dollars. Hell you couldn’t do it with 800 billion dollars.

• Like 4

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:51 PM, Bob said:

durrrr OK . You certainly hate the American people.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110f9d3ed76f80dd7df8

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:53 AM, happycamper said:

I mean I don't hate gays or liberals or doctors or city people or californians or renters or....

might wanna look in a mirror bob. hate seems to be all ya got lately. 

Wrong. Those aren't real Americans.

• Sad 1

On 9/28/2022 at 11:51 AM, happycamper said:

It's unbelievably cheap for the price of cementing the respect of every bordering nation and to inflict a disaster that will take Russia a decade to recover from. 

Both far more cost effective than our own wars and offers far more benefit for us, economically and politically, now and in to the medium term future. It is the biggest foreign policy coup for the American hegemony since the Sino-Soviet Split and maybe since WW2. 

So here's where we differ: I don't think Russia ever really militarily recovers from this. Their demographics and economy plus government structure doesn't allow for it. This is the last time Russia will be able to wage any kind of meaningful war and have a chance at winning. Unless it invades Maldova. 

• Like 1

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/28/2022 at 10:53 AM, happycamper said:

I mean I don't hate gays or liberals or doctors or city people or californians or renters or....

might wanna look in a mirror bob. hate seems to be all ya got lately. 

Bob appears to equate unquestioned support for every insular (Trumpian current) conservative, pro-US over anything/everything foreign policy noise, flag waving, and calling any recognition of shitty historical US foreign (or, really, any) policy as patriotic. It’s the only form of “patriotism” his ilk seem capable of recognizing. It’s stupid.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:00 PM, madmartigan said:

So here's where we differ: I don't think Russia ever really militarily recovers from this. Their demographics and economy plus government structure doesn't allow for it. This is the last time Russia will be able to wage any kind of meaningful war and have a chance at winning. Unless it invades Maldova. 

I mean... maybe, maybe not. The war shows that their ceiling was a lot lower than we thought so they have a lot shallower climb to "recover". :shrug:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/28/2022 at 1:00 PM, madmartigan said:

I very much hope this is their future. Cut out their energy exports and they really don’t have much else. 

On 9/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, Posturedoc said:

Bob appears to equate unquestioned support for every insular (Trumpian current) conservative, pro-US over anything/everything foreign policy noise, flag waving, and calling any recognition of shitty historical US foreign (or, really, any) policy as patriotic. It’s the only form of “patriotism” his ilk seem capable of recognizing. It’s stupid.

In other words, he and his team really aren’t deep thinkers. No capacity for any critical thinking whatsoever…

• Hug Face 1

On 9/28/2022 at 1:29 PM, ripple effect said:

In other words, he and his team really aren’t deep thinkers. No capacity for any critical thinking whatsoever…

100% of MAGAs and many far right GOP leaders/voters have zero capacity for critical thinking. 

They simply follow orders and need to be told what defines their political policies. 

Education levels are super low of the above groups. Combine that with common brain washing and it’s easy to see how and why we see posts like Bob’s.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2022 at 3:38 PM, Bob said:

Right. Since Russia was threatening our place in the world hierarchy. lmao. No one was going to the bottom faster than Russia BEFORE all this

I mean, yes, Bob. Russia acted to ruin our goals in the Middle East, Russia uses energy and gas exports to try to get eastern and central Europe in a stranglehold, Russia uses its energy profits to explicitly fund campaigns to shred western solidarity. Hell some of the things you post on here were probably directly or indirectly funded by Russia. 

• Like 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 9/28/2022 at 1:00 PM, madmartigan said:

But @sactowndog told me that if we don't give them predator drones that Russia is a threat to take over Poland, Germany and Even France!!!

On 9/28/2022 at 3:47 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

But @sactowndog told me that if we don't give them predator drones that Russia is a threat to take over Poland, Germany and Even France!!!

well. maybe one of those, anyway.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They're welcome to have France.  Wont improve their military, but maybe the food will improve.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:48 PM, RSF said:

They're welcome to have France.  Wont improve their military, but maybe the food will improve.

Your thesis is that Russian food is better than French food? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 9/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, madmartigan said:

Your thesis is that Russian food is better than French food? 

Other way around.

Too much boiled crap in Russian food.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:17 PM, RSF said:

Other way around.

Too much boiled crap in Russian food.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, Posturedoc said:

Reverse that. 

Reading fail. Reading hard. THey didn't teach me to read until my junior year in idaho though so cut me some slack. 

On 9/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, madmartigan said:

Reading fail. Reading hard. THey didn't teach me to read until my junior year in idaho though so cut me some slack. 

No big deal. I just assumed most of your blood had pooled in that enormous thing you’re always prattling on about, leaving a deficit for your noggin to use.